PDA

View Full Version : Ruby's in the house

flyin ryan
06-16-2007, 08:14 PM
finally have the car after buying it on March 10th. i just posted a long deal on the car & when i went to submit it says i'm logged out? i've had this problem forever, MOM looked at it to no avail. very, very frustrating. if the post is more than a couple paragraphs or if i'm in the middle of one & leave for 10 minutes or so it acts like i never logged in & of coarse i lose all of the post i'm trying to do. only have the problem here & nowhere else. so should i do a few shorter posts, kinda annoying or do the post at CF? never have any problem there. here is my first choice. your call.

Z Factor
06-16-2007, 08:42 PM
finally have the car after buying it on March 10th. i just posted a long deal on the car & when i went to submit it says i'm logged out? i've had this problem forever, MOM looked at it to no avail. very, very frustrating. if the post is more than a couple paragraphs or if i'm in the middle of one & leave for 10 minutes or so it acts like i never logged in & of coarse i lose all of the post i'm trying to do. only have the problem here & nowhere else. so should i do a few shorter posts, kinda annoying or do the post at CF? never have any problem there. here is my first choice. your call.

A few of questions.

What operating system are you using?
What is your virus protection software?
Does this problem occur when you log in from another computer (i.e. work or family members house)?
What time setting do you have for your CPU to go into standby mode?
Are you using Cable, DSL or dial up?
Do you check off the "Remember me" box when logging in?
Are your cookies/history automatically erased every day according to your settings?

Hopefully we can figure it out for you as it seems strange it only happens here.

ZZZZZR1
06-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Ryan,

Only seeing in your thread you HAVE your Ruby, I want Pictures!

Why did it take so long to get it? The USA luxury tax? :thumbsup:

flyin ryan
06-16-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm using XP.
Norton.
Yes work and home.
Currently 25 mins I have just chsnged it to 1 hour.
Cable it's high speed.
Yes.
Automatically.

flyin ryan
06-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Ryan,

Only seeing in your thread you HAVE your Ruby, I want Pictures!

Why did it take so long to get it? The USA luxury tax? :thumbsup:i want to post but i need to get this gremlin sorted out first. i'm tryin'.:pray

ZZZZZR1
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
ok ok Ryan,

Did you fix that crappy computer yet? Give us Pic's!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Aurora40
06-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Your login is based on browser cookies. If you are having problems, clear all your cookies, close the browser and restart it. Then log back in and check the "remember me" box.

If that doesn't cure it, I would suspect your Norton is clearing out cookies as the first thing. Try turning it off, then repeating the steps above. See if that fixes it. If so, bingo. If not, well we'll have to see.

What browser do you use?

In the meantime, you might want to compose posts in notepad or something, then cut/paste. That way you don't lose it if your session craps out.

flyin ryan
06-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Your login is based on browser cookies. If you are having problems, clear all your cookies, close the browser and restart it. Then log back in and check the "remember me" box.

If that doesn't cure it, I would suspect your Norton is clearing out cookies as the first thing. Try turning it off, then repeating the steps above. See if that fixes it. If so, bingo. If not, well we'll have to see.

What browser do you use?

In the meantime, you might want to compose posts in notepad or something, then cut/paste. That way you don't lose it if your session craps out.i've done all the steps as above & it still does the same thing.
browser is google.
this has done it to me since i've been here...close to a year. never on any other forum i go to have i ever had this happen. i don't know what's up. i would like to communicate with you all more but my hands are kinda tied. this is about as long a post as i can go before i'm punted. i appreciate all your guys concern & help though.

WB9MCW
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
FR try Firefox vs IE it might just make a difference--

I run both all the time and I see a lot of difference on various Web sites and well as forums both.

When ever I have a problem with a site/forum with one I try the other---often it improves the problem or eliminates it outright.

Now if that does not work try a friends puter (laptop for portability) at your same location to see if that makes a difference.

If both browsers and even a different puter all have problems then you really do have a big problem--

post here if it works out or not so I can see how it turns out.

once there was a site I would go to and it would crash this very laptop Dell I am on right now --an instant crash and full boot up needed --every dang time on this one site only and only on this puter--

three years later (this year) I try it again and guess what??? all ok now--i could not believe it---well I never could understand why in the first place--it was like this specific puter was hexed at that site. I never did try this puter at a different location to see if it mattered--kinda think it still would have but u just never know with things electronic when it comes to Murphy's LAW!!!!

flyin ryan
09-23-2007, 02:08 AM
i haven't given up but things have not gotten any better. i have to keep my post's short, that's all there is to it,as of now. i have been trying other things but...i think i tried what your suggesting Brian but that was awhile ago so i'll revisit it. thanks for not forgetting about me. i appreciate your thought's. it's been frustrating. if i didn't want to be on the site i wouldn't care but obviously this is where i want to be:thumbsup: .

Z Factor
09-23-2007, 12:46 PM
i haven't given up but things have not gotten any better. i have to keep my post's short, that's all there is to it,as of now. i have been trying other things but...i think i tried what your suggesting Brian but that was awhile ago so i'll revisit it. thanks for not forgetting about me. i appreciate your thought's. it's been frustrating. if i didn't want to be on the site i wouldn't care but obviously this is where i want to be:thumbsup: .

Apparently I made an incorrect assumption that you got it resolved since you stopped posting in this thread yet were still posting on the forum. I will contact vBulletin to see what opinion they might have, but no one else has had a problem like this, so I suspect it is your computer and/or settings.
Try allowing the cookies to remain on the computer rather than having them automatically removed. You can always manually remove them any time you like. If that doesn't work, you can always return the settings to automatic removal.

As a temporary solution, copy your post prior to hitting the submit button. That way if you get logged out and your post disappears, you can log back in as usual then paste the post and submit it. For that matter you can compose your posts in another format (Word, Outlook) then paste them without fear of them being lost.

:cheers:

flyin ryan
09-24-2007, 12:50 AM
i've been putting up with it for so long i'm kinda used to it ha, ha. but i'll revisit it here soon & try to clear it up again. but no it never has been resolved that's why i've never gotten into the story on my Ruby Zee or posted any pics. thanks.

flyin ryan
10-07-2007, 01:10 AM
still workin on it :rolleyes: i'm tryin' everything.

Z Factor
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Are you sure that you have set IE to not remove the cookies or the history? Have you also checked to make sure no spyware program or virus security suite is not removing your history or cookies?

Those are the most likely reasons for this to be happening.

WB9MCW
10-08-2007, 09:14 PM
try what ZF said abt the cookies thing and if no worky-- then load up firefox browser it will have cookies in the fresh download-- if you look at my post on the 1st page you will see I suggested it back then. You may just end up liking the firefox browser better than IE by microsoft--I know I do. For spyware I use lavasoft it is free and works excellent ---

Do you know how to clean up your c drive and compress and defragment? if not-- get a puter nut to show you how--if you do all these things u just might be surprised how well ur puter works afterwards---puters need maintainence just like our Z's do!!!

here are the links try wem u have nothing to loose!!!

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

they are both free --and I was not kidding abt the c drive biz either

you need click on lower left start -- then click on "control panel"--then click on "performance and maintainence" then click on "free up space on your hard disc" and select all the things you do not need (this is where the puter geek can advise you) after that click on "rearrange items on your hard disc to make programs run faster". This one will take a while esp if you have not run it for a while (I do my puter every month for good measure--most do at least once a year.

A lot of folks think they do not have to do these things--but guess what it is like not changing the air filter and oil and filters in your ride!! now you would not do this to your ride right??--same with ur puter

be bold do not fear you can do it!!!

now if after all of this it does not work you either need to get a new puter or save all ur files on another puter and have a new IE windows xp or vista loaded on ur puter at best buy or circuit city and start fresh--just like a new puter---this one will fix anything!!! if not ur puter is really broke!!! lol

consulting invoice is in the mail to you ---remember net 30 days to pay me!!! lol

flyin ryan
11-16-2007, 01:43 AM
update. nothing i did ever worked. every three or four months my system would come up corrupt:mad:. HP thinks something happened when the system was backing up from brand new so they sent new disks & said to start like the system was brand new. we'll i've been on here for a couple hours learning how to post pictures & it hasn't logged me out once so needless to say i hope it stays that way. thanks for all your help:hello: .

Z Factor
11-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Glad to hear that and look forward to you posting more often.:thumbsup:

:cheers: