PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

Hall1836
09-18-2004, 10:49 AM
I currently have a 1985 coupe with 40,000 miles am looking to close a deal on a two owner 1993 ruby/red with 30000 miles. What kind of mileage can I expect on the clutch if not abused. Is there anything special re clutch replacement when the time comes. I 'm an older individual involved in cars/motorcycles do not abuse vehicles although have done my share of racing in the past. Is there anything I should beaware of re ownership of this car as opposed to say a1996 C-4 or early C-5? I know that's a loaded question on this board, having had many vettes over the years I know the msytique of the ZR-1. Thanks for any replys.

HAWAIIZR-1
09-25-2004, 07:30 PM
I have not had to change my clutch yet, but here is the best place to get any info about trans/clutch issues from the ZF Doc himself.

www.zfdoc.com

Good luck in your search for the ultimate ZR-1. It is my first and only Corvette and I totally love it. It is unique and has it special concerns but there is nothing else like it.

Craig
1990 #1727

Z Factor
09-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Part of the interest in ZR-1's come from that mystique you refer to, not to mention it is one of the fastest production cars ever produced. I will say generally that you should not have any major problems with either the ZF transmission/clutch, nor the LT-5 engine, both unique to the ZR-1.

Probably most of your questions can be answered by our FAQ section in the link I have provided below:

http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_faq.html

If you have any specific questions that are not addressed in that section, please feel free to post them, and the membership will be happy to try and answer them for you.

I hope to see your announcement of becoming a King Of The Hill owner very soon.