PDA

View Full Version : Born With Battery

AirbusDriver
10-14-2023, 03:45 PM
The 'born with' dated battery case is finally back in #2456. The eye is glowing green and the NoCo tender is doing its job.
I'm happy the good doctor kept it with the car...
https://i.postimg.cc/vTY2f9PG/Full-Size-Render.jpg (https://postimg.cc/HcNtCJDN)

Jack_Buyavette
10-17-2023, 10:50 AM
was this rebuilt with an updated battery inside?

AirbusDriver
10-18-2023, 08:17 AM
Yes...a braille battery was placed in the case.

RodB
10-19-2023, 02:33 PM
Very interesting since I have the ?born with? battery for my 1984 z51 corvette. Just could never bring myself to recycle it. Did you split the case yourself or did someone do the install for you? Info is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

AirbusDriver
10-19-2023, 06:31 PM
A young and talented automotive fellow in FL did the entire job. He also did some PF970 oil filter decals for my 89 ZR-1. He has a good eye for detail.

bob@tradeshowconsulting.c
10-19-2023, 07:10 PM
That is so awesome that it has a Braille battery inside.. I bought one for my 2013 Viper and its a great weight savings ,.,, Thanks for posting !!!

ws6ta444
10-19-2023, 10:04 PM
can you PM the info. I have my original battery to my trans am, and one for my 66 Chevelle, not sure if he can do them too.

hardhattg
11-13-2023, 04:34 AM
A young and talented automotive fellow in FL did the entire job. He also did some PF970 oil filter decals for my 89 ZR-1. He has a good eye for detail.

I wonder could you share his name and contact info ?

AirbusDriver
11-13-2023, 08:52 AM
I sent a PM👍

95 LT5
11-19-2023, 08:22 PM
I would like contact information if you would share.
Thank you
:cheers:

Joelbbvette
11-30-2023, 01:44 PM
So how did he get the eye to glow I wonder? Really cool someone was able to do this and save a piece of history normally recycled.

AirbusDriver
11-30-2023, 04:42 PM
Joel
Not sure how he achieved that result. He can do just about anything.
Mark

Mystic ZR-1
11-30-2023, 05:23 PM
What's NCRS's thoughts on batteries like this?
Could be looked at like they'd look at a re-stamped block?

AirbusDriver
11-30-2023, 05:43 PM
What's NCRS's thoughts on batteries like this?

Very good question👍

It would be judged like any component. If it varies from original such that a judge can articulate, it would receive the requisite, specific deduction based on NCRS guidelines.

If the decal, date format, dimensions, color, etc vary from original, an appropriate deduction would rightfully be made. Further, if the condition varies from new, a deduction would rightfully be made from that side of the scoresheet.

On the other hand, if a judge says there is no way that battery could still be viable, and then makes a deduction, the owner could appeal to the team leader and, most likely, the appeal would be successful. Prior knowledge also is no basis for a deduction.

If it walks like a duck...

Joelbbvette
11-30-2023, 10:32 PM
Mark is absolutely correct. Also the R is restoration so if it looks correct then not a deduct. Think Stainless Steel sleeved calipers. Can't see it so cannot judge it. External as compared to original and condition. So since this is the original battery case, it has to get full credit. Now if the label was removed and replaced with a replica, could have a deduction there IF not an exact match.

I made 88 - 90 LPTWS label that are identical to original, no deductions. Mark has an incredible piece of history that was most likely a Press test ZR-1 / KoH. The fact it was not crushed is awesome as so few of those still exist.

:thumbsup:

Very good question👍

It would be judged like any component. If it varies from original such that a judge can articulate, it would receive the requisite, specific deduction based on NCRS guidelines.

If the decal, date format, dimensions, color, etc vary from original, an appropriate deduction would rightfully be made. Further, if the condition varies from new, a deduction would rightfully be made from that side of the scoresheet.

On the other hand, if a judge says there is no way that battery could still be viable, and then makes a deduction, the owner could appeal to the team leader and, most likely, the appeal would be successful. Prior knowledge also is no basis for a deduction.

If it walks like a duck...

95 LT5
04-02-2024, 10:39 PM
Yes...a braille battery was placed in the case.

What Braille battery fit for this?
My battery will be done soon.
Thanks for the info!
:cheers:

AirbusDriver
04-06-2024, 10:47 PM
Braille B2317