PDA

View Full Version : 1994 ZR1 Radiator Replacement

pzcg7l
11-29-2022, 03:35 PM
Recently got the word that my 28 year radiator needs to be replaced. It's no longer flowing fluid like it should (and has a very small leak).

What's the consensus on a good way to go for judging? I've procured the stock replacement from Corvette Central (I'm sure the other usual suspects carry the same model), but it's got an extra unit inside the one plastic end tank for automatic base cars, i presume. The version pulled out of my car doesn't have this. Does anyone have experience running this type of replacement part? Does it negatively affect flow at all? I know cooling is always a hot topic (intentional pun) here so wanted to get the group's thoughts on this one.

Any other input on a good way to go that won't impact judging too much?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Mystic ZR-1
11-29-2022, 05:31 PM
Get an aluminum radiator!

Solves overheating problems forever!
Bite the bullet on the point deduction...
The point deduction by itself probably won't
knock you out for a Top Flight?

pzcg7l
11-30-2022, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I've considered that, but want to go as stock as possible for now. Looks like 14 originality points for the Rad.

I'm guessing the current replacement is fine, but just wanted to see if anyone had a direct feedback on it in a ZR1 before I pull the trigger.

Norwegianmopar
11-30-2022, 02:25 PM
We bought a Dewitts Pro Series (two row) radiator for our 94 and it only needed some small trimming of the fan shroud. My buddy went to Dewitts in Michigan and got a tour around their facilities when he picked it up. Great quality and ditto customer service.18890

Sent from my SM-G955F using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

GOLDCYLON
12-01-2022, 01:57 PM
I have Dewitt's in both my Z's look no further. :cheers: