PDA

View Full Version : 93 Quasar "HILKING" on to a new owner

WARP TEN
05-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Last Wednesday HILKING was picked up by its new owner from Maryland, a worthy successor and sure to be involved in ZR-1 activities. Engineer, retired Navy sub driver and most significant, (like me) a collector of post war Lionel trains. Also owns a 96 LT-4. Who could ask for a better caretaker of one of the world's greatest and rarest cars. I expect you will see it at Carlisle this summer. Thanks to all here in getting the word out on the car for me--Bob

Artic93
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats !!

WB9MCW
05-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Good Job well done! :thumbsup: :cheers:

We found out the Libertyville ZR-1 will remain in Libertyville! Griff sold it back to hiz Dad (a previous owner) and Pop's sold his Z06 as to buy back the ZR-1. Pretty kool eh?

So Pop's had the ZR-1 first--then he sold it to Griff's older brother who then sold it to Griff and finally Griff sold it back to Dad again!!!

BTW there is a small vette party at the MCHenry Dam --- We plan to announce in the event section here around July 1--

Here are links to posts on other forums till I do the one here in July--Maybe you can make it Bob?
http://www.shockerracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1871
http://www.corvettekillstories.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=4164&view=findpost&p=68622

WARP TEN
05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Bryan--
Don'tknow for sure if I can make it, but I will put in in my ACT program--my electronic version of a nagging wife, so at least I will have it noted....Bob

WB9MCW
05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Sure Bob if you can great--figured it would make a nice easy mini cruise for you and perhaps you have never been to the Dam before! Should be fun and I hope ZR-1 Pete and others with ZR-1's can make it! We will do the big post in the events section on July 1 on the forum here and PM the locals I know of with the link to the post---we will proly do it every year if it turns out well!
I never seem to be able to get to BG for the big event---one of these years!