PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Detail Essential Kit

Hammer
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Dale,

I am interested in a kit similar to your Deluxe Detail Bag Essential Kit but without the bag. What kind of pricing will you be offering Registry members for something like that, or will you be having a discount off of your site pricing for us?

It also would make a difference to a lot of people if you are supporting the Registry. Since nobody has heard anything about this, can you give us a little info on your proposal?

Thanks

ZZZZZR1
05-21-2007, 07:36 PM
hey

He is setting up a code for us.... And if we want to do a bulk first purchase (WHICH I WANT BAD).

I'm awaiting details from Adam and should have something tomorrow.

Hammer
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Right on. Thanks

Dale@Adams
05-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I got the new promotional code "ZR1" up and running for all members. Feel free to use it for a 10% discount off your order:thumbsup:

Thanks

Dale@Adams
05-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Dale,

I am interested in a kit similar to your Deluxe Detail Bag Essential Kit but without the bag. What kind of pricing will you be offering Registry members for something like that, or will you be having a discount off of your site pricing for us?

It also would make a difference to a lot of people if you are supporting the Registry. Since nobody has heard anything about this, can you give us a little info on your proposal?

Thanks
If you are interested in a kit without the bag, checkout the Essentials Kit (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-the-essentials-kit.aspx). The Essentials Kit comes with everything the Deluxe Detail Bag Essential Kit does, but replaces the Detail Bag with a Wash Bucket. The Essentials Kit also includes our pH balanced Car Wash Soap, Foam Wash Pad, and Jumbo Microfiber Drying Towel.

However, I will say our New Red Detail Bag is a great accessory/tool to have. You can store all of your detailing products neatly inside the bag and can place the bag inside your trunk for car shows and road trips.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any quesitions about the kits.

GOLDCYLON
05-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Looks like a real nice kit. I could not get the videos to play. I heard about the clay bar but not quite sure what its susposed to do..

Dale@Adams
05-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like a real nice kit. I could not get the videos to play. I heard about the clay bar but not quite sure what its susposed to do..
Hello Goldcylon,

A clay bar is used to safely remove surface contamination from your vehicle’s paint. The clay bar is also an excellent tool for removing bugs, tar, overspray, and tree-sap. The clay can also be used on glass and chrome surfaces to remove dirt and other contaminants.

If the surface of your paint feels rough or gritty it would be a great idea to hit the entire car with the clay bar before any type of polishing or waxing is done. If the surface feels smooth, simply omit the clay bar step.

To decide whether or not you need to use a clay bar, take a small plastic sandwich bag and put your finger tips inside of it. Place the bag on the surface of the car and slowly move your fingers around the inside of the bag. You will most likely feel small bumps on your fingers. Those small bumps are dirt pockets that have accumulated in the pores of the paint.

To remove the bumps of dirt, simply mist some of our Detail Spray (Which acts as the Clay Lubricant) over the surface of the paint and gently work the clay bar over the finish. I usually like to focus on one panel of the vehicle at a time, that way we are making sure the car is clayed thoroughly. Claying is a realativly short process, taking about 20 minutes to do a Corvette.

Once you are done using the clay bar, simply move onto polishing and waxing!

To get an in-depth understanding of how a Clay Bar works, check out this video: http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos_clay_bar.aspx. If you are using Firefox or another type of internet browser, you may have some difficulties playing the videos. If you have Internet Explorer, you should be in good shape. If you still can not get the videos to play, please email me at dale@adamspolishes.com with your name and shipping info and we can send you a copy of the video.

I hope this helps to explain what a Clay Bar is and what its purposes are.

If you have additional quesitons, please feel free to ask:thumbsup:.

bldavis11
05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
:iagree:

You basically want to clay the car before polishing and waxing/sealing. As Dale said, it removes the surface contaminants that regular washing doesn't get. Claying is basically step 2 in working towards a show-car finish.

Dale@Adams
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
:iagree:

You basically want to clay the car before polishing and waxing/sealing. As Dale said, it removes the surface contaminants that regular washing doesn't get. Claying is basically step 2 in working towards a show-car finish.
Very Well Said!!!

Thanks for the assistance :cheers:,

GOLDCYLON
08-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Hello Ive had one of your deluke kits for a while and have selected this weekend to start "adamizing" my car. After watching the Porter Cable series DVD the last segment was discussing how Adam got his start. The DVD reached the point after discussing detailing those big red soda trucks and continues for the rest of the story with a Ford under a canopy and then abrubtly ends.

Its like a cliffhanger... Id like to know the rest of the story. Tell Adam he owes me the rest of his success story along with another bottle of buttery wax!!!! :mrgreen:

A great instructional DVD from what I saw, let me at that haze swirl remover and the orange pad!!

bldavis11
08-25-2007, 08:51 AM
A great instructional DVD from what I saw, let me at that haze swirl remover and the orange pad!!

Just be certain to wash the car and then clay. I rinse with water after I clay. There isn't any particular reason, but it makes me feel better before I start the swirl removal.

Post before and after pics!

GOLDCYLON
08-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Just be certain to wash the car and then clay. I rinse with water after I clay. There isn't any particular reason, but it makes me feel better before I start the swirl removal.

Post before and after pics!

Its been pushed to next weekend. Too many honeydos!!!! Thanks for the advise.