PDA

View Full Version : Adams Wax is sponsoring this area for the Registry

ZZZZZR1
05-18-2007, 06:08 PM
hey Guys.

Adams (http://www.adamspolishes.com/) is sponsoring this part of the website for the Registry and giving away MONTHLY giveaways!

A friend got me hooked on this about a month ago and I have been using it since....

Has anyone used this before?

A1990
05-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I recently purchased a variety of Adams products. I will let you know my thoughts on each as I get a chance to use them.

ZZZZZR1
05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Dennis,

Check out his video... Great stuff!

And show pictures of that beauty you have after your done!!!!! :thumbsup:

bobbyhi
05-19-2007, 11:28 AM
hey Guys.

Adams (http://www.adamspolishes.com/) is sponsoring this part of the website for the Registry and giving away MONTHLY giveaways!

A friend got me hooked on this about a month ago and I have been using it since....

Does this mean that we are endorsing this product over all others?? Or are other products allowed to be advertised here also?? Just wondering.....

jonszr1
05-19-2007, 10:28 PM
does the adams line have products to bring the paint back after color sanding , do they have products that are only for use with a rotory or da. it would also proably help them if they posted some videos on using their products with machines. jmho

Adams 1
05-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Does this mean that we are endorsing this product over all others?? Or are other products allowed to be advertised here also?? Just wondering.....

Hello BobbyHI, and everyone at the Registry! Glad to be here, and to answer this question: This forum is to discuss all products. We welcome competitors products being discussed, and hope to learn from people's experiences with ours and theirs!

Thanks for having us, and Brad & Dale, our detailing experts will be sure to check in here often to make sure questions are answered. Many times, we'll recommend other brands to solve problems!

Again, thanks for having us here, and kindly visit our website www.adamspolishes.com (http://www.adamspolishes.com), or email any questions to: tips@adamspolishes.com. You can also ring my cell any time, below.

We'll introduce a give-away shortly, so check back soon.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Adam Pitale
Founder/ Head Detailer
Adam's Polishes, inc.
310-344-4290

Dale@Adams
05-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Hello Everyone on ZR-1NEtRegistry!!

My name is Dale Duvall and I will be helping out in this section with detailing tips and advice. I will also be happy to answer any questions about Adam's products.

As Adam mentioned, this forum is open to discussions about competitor's products and all detailing experiences.

We will be offering give-away's and specials to all members. We will have a new give-away program setup shortly.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at dale@adamspolishes.com.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to being a part of the ZR1entregistry community!!:thumbsup:

Dale Duvall
Detail Tech
www.adamspolishes.com (http://www.adamspolishes.com)
dale@adamspolishes.com

DaveK
05-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Looked on the web site and the videos are very good, thanks very much for making them available. The products look to work well and I'd be interested in trying them. Do you have any distributors in Canada?

Thanks

Dave

Dale@Adams
05-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Looked on the web site and the videos are very good, thanks very much for making them available. The products look to work well and I'd be interested in trying them. Do you have any distributors in Canada?

Thanks

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words and for a shot at your business! Yes, we have several distributors in Canada. Where abouts in Canada are you located?

Check out this link for a listing of our Distributors: http://www.adamspolishes.com/content/dealers.cfm#Canada

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Dale Duval
Detail Tech
dale@adamspolishes.com
www.adamspolishes.com (http://www.adamspolishes.com)

DaveK
05-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words and for a shot at your business! Yes, we have several distributors in Canada. Where abouts in Canada are you located?

I'm in (northern) Ontario and the dealers listed are in Alberta/Manitoba - so not too close to me unfortunately.

Thanks

Dave

Dale@Adams
05-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Dave,

If you are interested in any of our products, please feel free to contact any of these dealers. If you would like, check out the website for Rocky Mountain Classic Cars: http://www.rockymountainclassiccars.com/premium_car_care.htm. Rocky Mountain Classic Cars is located in Canmore, Alberta. They can most likely ship you what you need.

Thanks Dave and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

jonszr1
05-21-2007, 12:22 AM
hi guys at adams, nice of you to take interest in our cars. what products do you have to buff out the paint after color sanding with 2500 . if you could give me the names i would give your products a shot. also what do you have for black cars?

Dale@Adams
05-21-2007, 09:57 AM
hi guys at adams, nice of you to take interest in our cars. what products do you have to buff out the paint after color sanding with 2500 . if you could give me the names i would give your products a shot. also what do you have for black cars?
Hello jonszr1,

Thank you for considering Adam's Polishes! Before I recommend which products you should use, what is condition of the paint you just sanded? Is the Clearcoat still on it? I just want to make sure I have an understanding of the paint's condition before I recommend which products to use.

Thanks and I look forward to assiting you further:thumbsup:

Aurora40
05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Neat. Welcome to the forum! I've never actually tried Adams products, and have more than enough stuff that I'll never use that I probably never will. But I've heard your name associated with good things. :icon_thum

ZZZZZR1
05-21-2007, 04:23 PM

My understanding is that Adams is sponsoring this forum, but this is a free country and of course we all can post what we want.

tomtom72
05-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Darn late to the table again! I should look up from the tech section every now and again!

I would also like to welcome the guys from Adams and thank them for what they do for our forum and for the know how they are sharing with all of us!:handshak: =D> :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Tom

Dale@Adams
05-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Darn late to the table again! I should look up from the tech section every now and again!

I would also like to welcome the guys from Adams and thank them for what they do for our forum and for the know how they are sharing with all of us!:handshak: =D> :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Tom
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words:cheers:. We are proud to be a part of the forum and look forward to assisting members with their detailing needs.

Don't worry about being late to the game, we will be offering another give-away very shortly!!!

Thanks again and have a great Memorial Day Weekend:thumbsup:.

-Dale

Hammer
05-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Morning Dale,

Still can't get to the clay bar on your site.

John

Dale@Adams
05-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Morning Dale,

Still can't get to the clay bar on your site.

John
Morning John,

I am once again sorry for the Clay Bars not being available on the site. We had a temporary run on the Bars, but should have them back up on the site shortly. I will PM you once the bars become available again.

If you are in immediate need of a Clay Bar, Mother's has a good Clay Bar and Clay kit you can purchase at your local auto-parts store.

Thanks again John and sorry for the little mishap with the Clay.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Hammer
05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Morning John,

I am once again sorry for the Clay Bars not being available on the site. We had a temporary run on the Bars, but should have them back up on the site shortly. I will PM you once the bars become available again.

If you are in immediate need of a Clay Bar, Mother's has a good Clay Bar and Clay kit you can purchase at your local auto-parts store.

Thanks again John and sorry for the little mishap with the Clay.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Dale,
When you click on the Clay Bar link to left, the Clay Bar doesn't come up. The link to the clay bar is broken, can't even get to it on the site. That's what I meant, sorry it wasn't posted clearer.

Dale@Adams
05-27-2007, 11:54 AM
John,

No worries, you were very clear:thumbsup:. Our webteam disabled the link to the Clay because we are running short on the supply of them. Once our stock is replenished we will have the link up and running smoothly again.

Thank you for your concern with the site and sorry for any miscommunication.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

BBBAD94ZR1
05-28-2007, 05:18 PM
hey Guys.

I knew you where in bed with Adams.... LOL.:eusa_shhh
Ray

Paul Workman
12-05-2007, 08:09 AM
This forum is to discuss all products. We welcome competitors products being discussed, and hope to learn from people's experiences with ours and theirs!

Adam Pitale
Founder/ Head Detailer
Adam's Polishes, inc.
310-344-4290

I've not tried any of the Adam's products yet. That may change of course. But, I have tired a plethora of waxes and one polish, and the winner so far has been Sal Zaino's product.

A short story: IMO, BLACK is THEEEE color by which all waxes/polishes are judged. My quest was for that deep wet black look, like hot wet tar.

With this in mind, I claybar'ed my black '95 and proceeded to try several carnuba wax based products. Mother's was the one that gave me the look I was seeking, but it wasn't durable. After sitting in the summer sun, the black surface would get hot, and the Mother's would get soft. Then just a touch with a finger would imbed the fingerprint into the wax, and it would take a lot more than just a quick wipe to bring back the shine. And, it wasn't very durable - noticably dull after 3-4 washings.

Then I tried the Zaino product. I did the prep washing (with Dawn), the claybaring, and then the multi-step process required to initially apply and let cure and then polish coats. Results were stunning! And, as a bonus, it would not get soft in the sun, it is verrrry durable - requiring relatively little upkeep compared to carnuba wax (3 years after the initial application, all I did was occational touch up polish, and their "Z8" spritz makes the paint almost "pop" with brilliance.

The black Vette is gone, and a "new" torch red Z is in it's place. Before I bought it, it was carnuba waxed (judging by the despised "blue haze" I can see at certain angles) and polished by some sh*t-fist that didn't know how to use an electric polisher (and burnt a few edges, as I discovered later).

So, I guess I'm at a point where I could experiment or even do a side-by-side comparison. I'll have to see if I can find some of your product - enough at least to do a side by side comparision - and decide which one is going to reside on my baby. Is the Adam's product applied in steps and therefore come in a kit? (Don't bother referring me to a video. I'm on a dial-up connection and a video takes hours to download!:rolleyes:)

I'm always looking for a better mouse trap. I always say, "Truth is where you find it!" So, if the Adams is better (than the Zaino I'm using now)...then it's better. If not, I'll stick with whatever works best "at the moment".

What sez you?

P.