PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing the Bose amps

Chris H
04-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I was recently informed that the bose amps are linked to interior ligthing circuitry. I do not want to mess with this if i dont have to. Is it ok to jsut leave them (bypass them) and install a new system. What precautions do i need to be aware of on the install (IE like the amps being wired thorugh circuity, anything speical with the cdm box and where is the best place to mount a new amp) what could go wrong and where should i take extra precaution. I plan on replacing the head unit, and all 4 speakers and running an alpine amp to all the speakers. Anyone see any problem with this please caution me. I am pretty good with the install of stereos in general but i want to know things specific to the ZR1 and vette's in general that may be different from other cars
Thanks
Chris

Jeffvette
04-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Go ahead and gut them. You won't have any issues. I did that about a month after gettign the Z. Been 7 years and haven't looked back.

Chris H
04-28-2007, 02:20 PM
thanks for the good news any special issues with bypassing cdm or pulling that ive heard mention that thats a hell of a job should i get those intructions from the website link or does anyone know of a better place to get intructions

Jeffvette
04-28-2007, 02:25 PM
The only thing you will be pulling out of the radio tuner control box is the antennae lead.

here is what I did with mine

http://www.pnwzr1.net/Jeff/Stereo/Headunit.jpg