PDA

View Full Version : Nuther Newbie: Got Questions already!

moesvette
08-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi all, just picked up my first ZR1: Red 1990/tan @ 18000 miles. What an AWESOME CAR! Already stoked, this thing is a blast. I do have one question that I have seen some posts on, but wonder if anyone can give me more specifics. The car runs dead on mid temp. when the AC is on (cooling fans engaged), but when I shut off the AC the fans shut off and the temp climbs dangerously close to shaded area at 240 until the fans kick back on for a short time. Is there something failed here, or is it typical, and if typical, is there a way to get these to kick on sooner?
Thanks for your help.
Mo

Z Factor
08-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty of people who don't feel comfortable with how high their temperature gets with the ZR-1. There are plenty of solutions, but isolating the fan issue for the moment can be as simple as getting a new chip to adjust when the fans come on.

I hope this helps as I must run, and again, welcome.

We Gone
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Welcome..
just add a switch so you can turn the fans on at will.. they are sold by many of the vendors .

moesvette
10-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up buying a chip from Marc Haibeck, and it completely solved my problem. Man do I love this car! I went by a dealership owned by a friend of mine this past weekend to look at the new C-6. I had a mob around my ZR-1.........huge hit! STILL the KING!

Z Factor
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I had a mob around my ZR-1.........huge hit! STILL the KING!

Your welcome, and I'm glad to hear she is running cooler now.

Still KOTH, indeed :!:

FASTZR1
10-05-2004, 08:21 PM
My '91 also wanted to run on the hot side. Had the radiator cleaned. They dumped 5 lbs of crap out of it. It has run cool since then. As a bottom feeder, the radiator is constantly subjected to sand, dirt and twinke wrappers.

Good luck.

JohnnyB
FASTZR1

WB9MCW
11-14-2004, 05:50 PM
welcome to the zr-1 brotherhood...sorry i have not been at this forum 4 a while!!! I am a jayhawk go ku!! :lol: ps the reason the temp is so high from the factory was to pass emissions!! almost all of us get the performance chip and have the fans come on lower like u did!!!