PDA

View Full Version : WTB: GM ONLY REAR HATCH WEATHERSTRIP

Sgreg
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
I NEED A GM REAR HATCH WEATHERSTRIP FOR MY 91 Z. THE OLD PART # WAS 9768068. MAY STILL BE THE CORRECT PART. THANKS.

GREG

Sgreg
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Got the weatherstrip; disregard.

birddog01
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Where did you find the weatherstrip? I need to replace mine also. Thanks

Sgreg
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Got it at GM Parts House on line. $ 168.00, Retail price is $248. Takes a couple of weeks to receive. Ask for Gene if you call them.

ZZZZZR1
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Got it at GM Parts House on line. $ 168.00, Retail price is $248. Takes a couple of weeks to receive. Ask for Gene if you call them.

Wow that "seems" expensive.... I priced other non GM replacements and they were less than half. Seems the replacements are "good", but why spend the extra on this?

Thanks! I honestly don't know and need to replace two pieces myself :thumbsup:

Sgreg
04-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Most non-Gm weatherstrip is crap. Ill fitting, often too short with gaps. You get what you pay for !!!!!!! Ask some of the old hands and you will probably get the same story. You pay your money and you take your chances !!!

Aurora40
04-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I had a terrible experience with aftermarket weatherstrip on my '87. It all fit on ok, but was much fatter than the OEM stuff. The top wouldn't bolt down, the windows wouldn't go up, etc. I ended up returning it all, eating the shipping, and buying all GM stuff anyway. Plus it was my daily driver at the time and it was tough with all the downtime. This was around 2001 or so, maybe the aftermarkets shaped up since then.

My two cents also, if you replace the piece over the windshield, shell out for the brackets that hold it down. They are very cheap, and it's a lot easier to just take the old ones off than to try to scrape old adhesive out of 'em and such. Plus the black paint flakes over time.

ZZZZZR1
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
ok.......

Best place to purchase OEM weatherstrips?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Aurora40
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Best place to purchase OEM weatherstrips?

P&G Chevy has it for $165: https://www.partszoneonline.com There are probably other discount GM parts dealers too like gmpartsdirect.com. P&G is close to you though so shipping shouldn't be expensive nor slow. I get stuff from them all the time.

You should check with "WV ZR1" though. He works for a GM parts place and is local to you, he might be able to get it to you quicker or cheaper or both. Probably better to PM him on CF, dunno if he checks here often,

Bob

We should have some kind of NoVA Z meetup some day. There's got to be about 5 or more of us around here...

ZZZZZR1
04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
hey there,

We should do a N va meet up sometime! I'll make a post to see how many there are here and who might be interested...

Thanks for the info and I'll try and get WV ZR1 :thumbsup: