PDA

View Full Version : Service Engine Soon

Okiedoke
05-28-2019, 02:45 PM
The Service Engine Soon light came on for the first time a few months ago. It goes away after a restart. The shop said it's a code 31. It's come on two more times since. The last time it came on, I could swear I felt the throttle stutter a couple of times in quick succession. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Harry

indy91zr1
05-28-2019, 04:51 PM
seems as though a code 31 is a failed cam sensor. There is a thread if you search for it on it. You would have to test them and see which one it is. Maybe the connection is just loose or needs cleaned since its intermittent.

Young1
05-28-2019, 09:51 PM
Search threads for camshaft position sensor. There is only one located on the left head. The part is no longer in production and only Jerrys Gaskets has them. Your engine will intermittently just stop running but will restart just fine.

A26B
05-28-2019, 09:58 PM
Search threads for camshaft position sensor. There is only one located on the left head. The part is no longer in production and only Jerrys Gaskets has them. Your engine will intermittently just stop running but will restart just fine.

Jerrys Gaskets is not presently offering the Cam Sensors. We are working on resolving issues & hope to be able to offer them again in the future.

Okiedoke
05-29-2019, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the pointers everyone! BTW, I assume the camshaft position sensor is an LT5 specific part?

Thanks,
Harry

Young1
05-29-2019, 07:00 AM
Yes it is LT5 Specific. The big companies no longer manufacture it and NOS iis non existent. I have the prototype running in my car now for 1.5 years of what Jerry is working on.

Karl
05-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the pointers everyone! BTW, I assume the camshaft position sensor is an LT5 specific part?

Thanks,
Harry

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28624

Karl
05-30-2019, 08:22 AM

Thanks,
Harry

and also

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28584

post #42 & #58

Good luck

Z51JEFF
06-04-2019, 03:38 AM
Jerrys Gaskets is not presently offering the Cam Sensors. We are working on resolving issues & hope to be able to offer them again in the future.

I was in the group buy maybe a year ago,are there issues with the new modified part? I bought one a few years ago at the auto parts store,can’t remember what brand it was.

Okiedoke
07-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Hi Jerry,

Any idea when you will be offering the cam sensors again? My symptoms are getting worse. It used to hesitate for a split second. The other weekend, the engine died 3 times within a few minutes while on grid waiting to get onto the autocross course. Thanks!

Karl
07-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Guess my responses weren't read.

Nobody ever listens to me LoL.

Good luck!