PDA

View Full Version : Code 31

Jetjock
04-28-2019, 07:26 PM
My 92 Z starts up fine runs good until it warms up and the acceleration retards even though the engine is running fine. Finally got a service engine soon light and I was able to pull up code 31, the cam position sensor fault. I’m looking for a pic of the sensor and it’s actual location. I’ve started looking for a replacement part but haven’t had any luck yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Roy

Sorry about being in the wrong forum. Stupid iPad, bad iPad.

XfireZ51
04-28-2019, 09:31 PM
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showpost.php?p=272088&postcount=1

Jetjock
04-29-2019, 08:19 AM
I guess my question is are there any more around?

Roy

Jetjock
04-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Okay. I took my car to Gordon today and spent the better part of the morning going through the issues on the car. He told why the cam sensor fails and what is a possible fix. However, at this point, I wound just replace it. The other issue that I had was the fuel gauge. We discovered that the fuel sending unit/meter has totally disintegrated. Need a new one. He also recommended new fuel pumps as these are 27 years old. The other issue was the ride control timeout on the FX3. He said the nut backs off on the strut and disengages the actuator.

I’m fortunate to be living so close to him. Again, sorry for this being in the wrong section.

Roy