PDA

View Full Version : Rub Strips on header for top

Joelbbvette
02-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Well took the top off today for the first time in who knows how many years. Couple of quick questions as this is my first coupe.

Is there anything that retains the rear screws in the top? Mine came out both sides.

What size and material is the two front rub pads/strips on the windshield header just inside of the sun visors? Both of mine are gone. Photos and dimensions would be AWESOME.

Joel

Joelbbvette
02-09-2019, 10:47 PM
It appears the pads (looks like the soft side of Velcro) are on the top. The Sticky stuff on the windshield header must be the glue that came through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joel

GOLDCYLON
02-10-2019, 12:19 PM
It appears the pads (looks like the soft side of Velcro) are on the top. The Sticky stuff on the windshield header must be the glue that came through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joel

Joel I’m not a NCRS a guy but I THINK mid America sells what you are looking for as an anti rub kit. Roof panel anti squeak kit 4 pieces corvette 1984-1996 600.262

Joelbbvette
02-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Mid America kit might work better but not the same as original. Found them on the front of the roof panel and the glue/sticky had migrated to the front cross bar header.

Joel

GOLDCYLON
02-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Mid America kit might work better but not the same as original. Found them on the front of the roof panel and the glue/sticky had migrated to the front cross bar header.

Joel

Hmm well the chances of finding OEM and usable may be a tough one. GLWTS

precast1
02-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Hang in there Joel I want you to make it through the PV then to nationals. You have worked really hard good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

Mystic ZR-1
02-12-2019, 09:16 AM
FWIW: NCRS didn’t ask to remove the top when my car was done.
With the top on, you can’t see the strips I think you’re talking about.
The spare top in the bag? They spent 10 seconds looking at it, never
came out of the bag or the bag even opened.
This was at a Regional, not a local event where the judging
could be “amateur”...
Your mileage may vary....

Joelbbvette
02-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Mystic thanks. I did a Dave Hill award but that was a convertible so I am just learning the Coupe. As for a 97+ at Nationals, no problem. Sounds cocky but at the Winter Regional we get the national judging team. Car scored a 98.1 first time out. Got original tires since and fixing small things. Now the PV is an entirely different thing and that is the hardest award to get. So I am working my way through the issues and down to one that I know of. Car has been check out in great detail.

Will let the crew know in two weeks, if I get the Service ABS fixed (code 076)

Joel

Z51JEFF
02-12-2019, 09:56 PM
The bolts for the top are held in with a plastic insert and I was able to find a set of NOS pads a few years ago on eBay.

Joelbbvette
02-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Z51Jeff, can you please send me a photo of what they look like. Measurements would awesome also.
Thanks
Joel

Z51JEFF
02-17-2019, 04:33 AM
Z51Jeff, can you please send me a photo of what they look like. Measurements would awesome also.
Thanks
Joel

Send me your email and I’ll send some pictures,I can’t post pictures on this site.

jrd1990zr1
02-18-2019, 10:56 AM
Joel,

Unless something is changed they only judge the top installed on the car. Not sure how they handle Ops for a PV but for judging I only have to loosen and tighten the bolts to show they worked. Did not have to remove the top.

John