PDA

View Full Version : Resignation of Jim Voter from the Board of Directors

QB93Z
01-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Hello to the members of the ZR-1 Net Registry.

On Wednesday, January 16th, I informed the Board of Directors that I have resigned from the Board, and the Board has accepted my resignation.

My decision to resign is based completely on personal reasons and in no way what so ever does it reflect negatively on any members or actions of the Board. I am very proud of what the Board has accomplished in the recent years. The Registry is in excellent condition. I am sure that the leadership of the Registry is in very good hands.

The demands on my time trying to run our family business, Gizmos Art, manage 15 rental units, and taking Corvette Road Trips more frequently have created a situation that I cannot devote the time that is required to properly fulfill my duties as a Director on the Board.

It has been an honor and a privilege to be a part of the leadership of the Registry. I intend to remain active in the Registry and in WAZOO, and I will help with Registry events as much as I can.

Thank you to Dennis, Mark, Paul, John, Brett, Ted, David and Hans for understanding and supporting my decision.

Jim Voter

Mystic ZR-1
01-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Jim
Thanks for all you’ve done for our community
and your efforts to help keep things
on a “zero bubble” around here!

FU
01-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Jim, Your time and hard work has been much appreciated and invaluable to our club. Wishing you the best.

:Eagle:

ZR1North
01-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Thank you indeed for ALL you have done for the Registry, Jim. I cannot think of anyone who has contributed more during my many years as a member. You leave huge shoes to fill, especially as HOTB editor. We look forward to seeing you at events and being in the "luggage area" on your future Corvette trips.

Take care,

Bob

JFFerner
01-18-2019, 07:38 AM
Jim, thanks for all your efforts and considerations, making this club have a viable, knowledgeable and fun atmosphere. Be assured you are well appreciated by many.

dredgeguy
01-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Jim with all you have going on we sure understand. We appreciate all your efforts and time devoted to the Registry.

lfalzarano
01-18-2019, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the advice over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

efnfast
01-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Jim, I kept trying to think of what to say. The guys above said all the things I feel. Thank you for your efforts. - Steve

Vette Guy
01-19-2019, 02:05 AM
Steve,

Let me help... The Board very reluctantly accepted Jim's resignation. It has certainly been our pleasure to have Jim serve with us for as long as he has (from 2010-2019, and President from 2011-2012). For those who don't know, Jim is the longest ever serving member of the Board of Directors, and in addition to President, has been our Vice President, Chairman of the Board, Treasurer, Forum Chairman, Webmaster, HotB Editor, and most recently Events Director. In addition, for the past 9 years, Jim has worked every Registry event attended, in addition to hosting so many WAZOO maintenance events at his home... which is where I first met Jim in 2009, and why the WAZOO group has thrived all these years.

Jim's steadfast leadership, level-headed viewpoints and ability to articulate what was best for the organization is why we are still here today. The ZR-1 Net Registry will very much miss having Jim on the board, and I echo everyone’s comments that this is a huge loss to the Registry. We've asked Jim to consider serving on the board again in the future should time become available. That said, Jim has given more time and effort to the Registry than I could possibly try to calculate - from working all the positions held, to researching VINs and options that are posted in the website, to dozens of technical articles, and all the detailed posts and articles about his ZR-1 adventures across the United States and Canada.

So, what I can't say enough is: Thank you Jim for all you've given this organization. We so greatly value your work and all you've accomplished. We are sad to see you leave the Board, but so fortunate you were a part of us and for so long.

Best Regards,
Mark

A26B
01-19-2019, 07:24 AM
Jim,
Knowing the trials we faced during the Registry "conversion" period, I admire your tenacity & dedication to see a thankless, volunteer job through the difficulties.

You (and Mindy) were/are always present at gatherings, taking care of registration, minding the store and helping new members, while the rest of us were enjoying the fruits of your labor. Now you can partake of the fun part.

Then there is "Wazoo." There's no telling how much time and expense you contributed to helping ZR-1 owners with problem solving and maintenance. The real contribution was bringing owners together to become part of the family, building the foundation for the future of the ZR-1 Net Registry.

Jim, I am proud to be you friend and always look forward to seeing you again when you hit the mother road again. Karen & I now live just off Route 66 in Arcadia. We'll leave a light on for you!!

THANK YOU JIM :salute:

GOLDCYLON
01-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Jim thanks for your efforts. Completely understand your reasons for doing so. Thanks for the years and dedication to advancing the hobby. GC

DRM500RUBYZR-1
01-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Jim,
Well done!
All Appreciated by each of us.
Thank you very much.
Stay well!
See you soon!
Marty

Blue Flame Restorations
01-28-2019, 07:57 PM
Very happy that you'll be around, still. I have a lot of respect for you, Jim.

JThomas
02-14-2019, 06:08 AM
Jim:

Thanks for all that you've done. I hope to see you at some of the events. Guys like you make this hobby fun and educational.