PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1990 BOSE DEMO TAPE

precast1
10-12-2018, 12:44 AM
If anyone has a spare they would part with? Also need the gas shock for the 1990 hood gas shock has no more resistance going down. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

Joelbbvette
10-13-2018, 11:00 AM
As for the gas helper struts (my car does not have them, the two really small ones), I don't think you have to worry. You control closing the hood during operations check. Also NEVER close the hood with the doors open!!! Take a look how close it is and there is rebound room. You can chip the door paint doing this, I've seen it a lot. Since they will be looking for dates, you want the original ones, you might have an issue during PV but that would be it. There is someone that rebuilds the hatch struts so maybe they could do the small ones also. The hood support/strut is also dated so original is better.

Sent you a PM also.
Joel

oatman16
01-19-2019, 01:17 PM
I’m not sure if you’ve found a Bose tape yet but I have one available. The first 3 photos are of the tape (in original packaging) and the last is a photo from Corvette Forum that shows all of the items that came with a 1990 ZR1 that was judged with less than 200 miles. I found this last photo when I was researching this tape. I think this same tape was used in 1990 and 1991 for cars equipped with the Bose system.

I’d be willing to let it go for $50 shipped.

Mystic ZR-1
01-19-2019, 06:41 PM
As for the gas helper struts (my car does not have them, the two really small ones), I don't think you have to worry. You control closing the hood during operations check. Also NEVER close the hood with the doors open!!! Take a look how close it is and there is rebound room. You can chip the door paint doing this, I've seen it a lot. Since they will be looking for dates, you want the original ones, you might have an issue during PV but that would be it. There is someone that rebuilds the hatch struts so maybe they could do the small ones also. The hood support/strut is also dated so original is better.

Sent you a PM also.
Joel

Pretty sure 88 was the last year for the short struts
on the hood. My bought new 89 didn’t have them,
but the mounting points were there.
Put them on my 90 Z, $8 apiece, (non factory) and they
really don’t make a whole lot of difference when opening the hood...