PDA

View Full Version : ZR1 Locking Lug Nut Bags

swamp
04-25-2018, 08:39 PM
This has been a past topic, but I am trying to update it.
My experience has shown that the ZR1 Locking Lug Nut Bag was Green with Black Numbers-10180891 and the Letters are DUK. This is suppose to apply to 90-95 ZR1's. I have just come across a white clear bag with this information at the Carolina Regional last week.
Does anyone have a different locking lug nut bag other than the Green One?
Thanks for any help.

Mystic ZR-1
04-25-2018, 09:42 PM
FWIW: mine from my 90 is green and the pn
is 10080895. NCRS had no problem with it?

swamp
04-25-2018, 11:44 PM
I am trying to figure out why a clear plastic bag with the correct numbers was presented for judging by the 1991 ZR1 at the latest Carolina Regional in Greenville, SC . I have done some judging on the CR's on all levels and have never seen that type of locking lug nut bag for the ZR1. This has been discussed with the NCRS National Team Leader and he also has never seen this type of locking lug nut bag for the ZR1's
Thanks for your response it only confirms what we have seen, but you have to keep an open mind as you never know what happened on the production line.

Mystic ZR-1
04-26-2018, 10:47 AM
What's with the different part numbers?
We'll probably find out when they tell us how
many ZR-1s have been awarded Top Flights?

NO! I won't shut up about that.... 😋

swamp
04-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Appreciate your response. Can you post a photo of your 1990 ZR1 Locking Bag?
If not, what color is it and what are the three letters on the bag?
Are they DCW?
I too am trying to figure this out.

swamp
04-26-2018, 02:07 PM
Mystic, it appears from what I have found out is that your bag number of 10080895 and letters of DCW was only for the 1990 model year.
From 1991 to 1995 the bag numbers appear to be number 10180891, with the letters of DUK and they were Green with Black Printing.
I am just trying to figure this out also. I could be wrong in my information, as I have been in the past, but I appreciate your input.

Mystic ZR-1
04-26-2018, 03:59 PM
No luck with posting photos since I got this I-Phone...☹️
Never had a problem with the old LG?

My bag looks like your picture only brighter green
and the pn ending in 895.
The only ones I've ever seen are the same as mine...
The only thing NCRS said about it was that it was
cut open to remove the lug nuts and socket.
But no deduction...
JRD, any thoughts?

DRM500RUBYZR-1
04-26-2018, 04:15 PM

But no deduction...
JRD, any thoughts?

That's a shame; Once you cut it open, all of the Bowling Green Air was lost forever.
I filled mine back up from my spare tire.

Pat (swamp), great to see you today and thanks for the pictures.
Always fun to look at the nuances of these cars!
Marty

Mystic ZR-1
04-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Marty
Hope ya don't have to use the spare.
That plastic bag won't work, I think
the bolt pattern is different?
Better ask someone at NCRS to be sure... 😋
D

swamp
04-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Mystic, in the judging process an open bag is okay. It is presumed and I use that word very loosely, that the dealer/owner opened the bag and put the four locking lug nuts on the wheels. For judging purposes the four lug nuts that were taken off the Corvette for the locking ones are then placed back into the bag and then no deductions. Even if there was a deduction for the lack of the four original lug nuts it is so small that it is not even an issue. When we judge and find no original lug nuts in the bag we tell the owner just to get four lug nuts and put them into the bag for future judging.

No big deal, but I am glad that you could help out with your information and it appears that all the bags were green with black numbers and letters. Your year of 1990 appears to have a one year only bag number.

Throughout the C4 model year the bag numbers changed. There is speculation that the numbers changed because of the size of the tires. This has not been proven to date. Again, thanks for your help.

Marty, it is always a pleasure to come to your shop and day dream.

Pat

Mystic ZR-1
04-26-2018, 04:33 PM
Presumed? NCRS uses that word a lot...

swamp
04-26-2018, 04:52 PM
That is a nice word to express I think, but I am not sure, so if I am wrong don't blame me.
All my comments are my own and not the official NCRS position. I am the official speaker of me.
Again, thanks for your help and it is a big help in recognizing the differences, not matter how small.
Pat

DRM500RUBYZR-1
04-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Pat,
I will keep checking all that come in and let you know if anything different turns up.
Marty

On that clear bag, I think you might be on to something. Perhaps the dealer pulled the bag out of another car, a non-Corvette, and put it in the Vette once they saw it was missing during PDI.
Maybe the Camaro Forum, I am sure there must be one, might shed some light on that bag anomaly.
That would seem to make the most sense.
Good luck in your search for answers!

swamp
04-26-2018, 07:32 PM
Mystic, please keep me in mind if you somehow come up with a way to forward me the photo of your Locking Lug Nut Bag,
Again, thanks for your time and effort.
Pat

Mystic ZR-1
04-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Pat, sent ya a PM

swamp
04-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Mystic, never received the PM. Please try again or your can send it to my email fulassoc@comcast.net
Thanks

swamp
04-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Mystic, came up with a 1990-91 NCRS Judging Manual. In the Interior Section under the category of #16 (Rear Storage Compartment) on page 60 is the information concerning the Locking Lug Nuts Kit. There is no reference to any bag number for any model. Also no color is given. It states as follows "The presence of the locking lug nuts or the 4 standard lug nuts that were removed from the wheels when the locking lug nuts were installed are judged as part of the kit."
The 1992-93 and the 1994-96 NCRS Judging Manuals display a photo of the bags.

I hope this helps and again I did not receive any PM from you.
Thanks for your help.

DRM500RUBYZR-1
04-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Pat,
Your diligence in the pursuit of these details is appreciated very much.
Your name should be in the footnotes of the C-4 NCRS Judging manual.
Even those who have no plan to pursue NCRS Flight Judging should appreciate these things, as I and others are convinced that the entire NCRS or Bloomington endeavor is what lifts and sustains values overall to these cars.
My personal highlight with many of my own cars were the weeks of preparation and participation in the Flight Judging process.
I will especially always remember the NJ Regional and the many friends that I met, and the spectacular cars that I drooled over.
Anne, Bobby and I could not have had a more enjoyable night than the closing night of that event with you.
Each of the judges impressed me with their knowledge of the car and their concern to help me understand the many intricacies of DRM500RUBYZR-1.
:cheers:
Marty

jrd1990zr1
04-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Doug,

Have the same green bag as you for the charcoal 1990. If memory serves the red 1990 had the same bag. Went with the car when sold. I took the red 1990 all the way to a National top flight, no deductions for the bag or it being cut. NCRS rules are condition as delivered, so if the locks are installed the bag is expected to be opened. It should also have all 3 of the 1/3s of the warrantee card in the bag. As delivered. See photo below.

John

But no deduction...
JRD, any thoughts?

jrd1990zr1
04-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Swamp,

Just an FYI. The 1990/1991 manual is being updated. This is according to the team leader Tom Barr. Below is an except (.jpeg #1) from the 2nd edition of the manual which discusses the bag. You are correct the color and part number is not included.

I am taking my Charcoal 1990 back through the system again because I learned that NCRS National "lost" 3 of the 4 green sheets from our chapter 2010 meet.

I will be presenting the green bag when I have the car rejudged next month. In the past the judges have looked for both the green bag as well as the black plastic bag that the owners manual came in. See second .jpeg below. This bag is discussed on page 50 of the judging manual, but I disagree with the part number 10167599 listed in the manual.

I also have a red lug nut bag which carries a different part number and code. Not sure what is was used in. .jpeg #3.

John

Mystic, came up with a 1990-91 NCRS Judging Manual. In the Interior Section under the category of #16 (Rear Storage Compartment) on page 60 is the information concerning the Locking Lug Nuts Kit. There is no reference to any bag number for any model. Also no color is given. It states as follows "The presence of the locking lug nuts or the 4 standard lug nuts that were removed from the wheels when the locking lug nuts were installed are judged as part of the kit."
The 1992-93 and the 1994-96 NCRS Judging Manuals display a photo of the bags.

I hope this helps and again I did not receive any PM from you.
Thanks for your help.

Black Red '90
05-26-2018, 08:50 PM
My 1990 has a green bag:
https://image.ibb.co/g2HWfo/IMG_1031.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

swamp
05-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your time and input. This is consistent with what has been furnished in the past.

patrickwilliams
05-29-2018, 04:22 AM
You're right, we can call this a mysticism! Anyway,thanks so much for the shared post! I am sure that you will be able to solve this issue as soon as possible!
resume tips - cvresumewritingservices.org (http://cvresumewritingservices.org/blog/category/resume-tips/page/2)

precast1
07-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Did Stevens Auto Products Greenville, SC make the locking nut bags for GM?

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

Mystic ZR-1
07-15-2018, 06:39 PM
That sounds like a question for NCRS.
They'd probably want to charge you for
an answer though....
😋

precast1
07-15-2018, 09:50 PM
That sounds like a question for NCRS.
They'd probably want to charge you for
an answer though....
[emoji39]Looks like Steven's made carpet so their GM part sticker must have come off the carpet and stuck to my Wheel Lock Bag. Was planning on taking my Z to be judged at a chapter meet in November then regional in January but maybe not.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

gtcollins@maxnet.co.nz
08-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Hi interesting read do you have a photo of the tire pressure gauge

Regards Glen

Sent from my SM-G960F using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

jrd1990zr1
08-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Here is a picture of the business end of a 1990 original. This is my spare, the "CORVETTE" sticker is a bit worn.

DRM500RUBYZR-1
08-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Here is a picture of the business end of a 1990 original. This is my spare, the "CORVETTE" sticker is a bit worn.

One can easily see that ALL expense was spared when the general had that label made.
That is how most of them look today.
I keep a spare as well for judging, and just avoid touching it, so that it does not become like the others.
Was always puzzled by the reason for providing a gauge on a car equipped with LTPWS.
Maybe they knew all expense was also spared when the sensors and bands were made.
Marty

gtcollins@maxnet.co.nz
08-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Here is a picture of the business end of a 1990 original. This is my spare, the "CORVETTE" sticker is a bit worn.Thanks for that I haven't seen one before wouldn't mind trying to get one someday
Regards Glen

Sent from my SM-G930F using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

precast1
08-14-2018, 06:32 PM

Looking to purchase one for my Top Flight endeavor if anyone has one for sale please let me know. Where were they stored when the car was delivered from the dealer.

jrd1990zr1
08-14-2018, 08:02 PM
I believe they were in a cellophane wrapper and in the holder in the center console. I am not 100% sure of this since I have read somewhere, not sure where now that they came in the green lug nut bag. Maybe someone else has better info.

precast1
08-14-2018, 09:45 PM
I believe they were in a cellophane wrapper and in the holder in the center console. I am not 100% sure of this since I have read somewhere, not sure where now that they came in the green lug nut bag. Maybe someone else has better info.

Have the green bag with lock and 4 locking nuts. Nothing else.

jrd1990zr1
08-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Have the green bag with lock and 4 locking nuts. Nothing else.

Tom,

Should also be a warrantee card in the green bag. I'll e-mail you a photo.

John

Black Red '90
08-16-2018, 07:52 PM
I believe they were in a cellophane wrapper and in the holder in the center console.

Yes, mine is in a clear plastic wrapper.