PDA

View Full Version : Fellows To Drive Cadillac CTS-V Race Car At Mosport

gaijin
07-30-2004, 10:23 AM
FELLOWS TO DRIVE CADILLAC CTS-V RACE CAR AT MOSPORT

Team Cadillac drivers (l-r) Max Angelelli, Ron Fellows and Andy Pilgrim
Braselton, GA - The General Motors' Cadillac CTS-V racing team will field a third car for Round 6 and 7 of the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT at Mosport International Raceway on August 7 and 8. Ron Fellows, Corvette C5-R driver, will pilot the #12 CTS-V race car in the events, joining Max Angelelli and Andy Pilgrim on Team Cadillac. The Mosport weekend consists of two SPEED GT races; Fellows will compete in three races during the weekend as he will also continue with his role with the Corvette team.

"Ron Fellows is one of the world's best road racing drivers and will be a great ambassador for our Canadian motorsports and V-Series fans at Mosport," said Mark LaNeve, general manager of Cadillac. "Many people forget that Ron was actually our first test car driver for the Cadillac LMP program and has had a relationship with Cadillac and GM Racing going back many years. We're very excited for him to join us for these two races at Mosport."

Fellows currently leads the ALMS GTS points standings along with Corvette teammate Johnny O'Connell. The Canadian's biography reads like a driver's wish list, with an overall victory at the 24 hours of Daytona, two class wins at the 24 hours of Le Mans, two ALMS Drivers' championships, 19 all-time Trans-Am wins as well as victories in NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck. Mosport will be Fellows' first SCCA SPEED World Challenge races.

"It's going to be great to drive the CTS-V at my home track," said Fellows. "I've watched as the new Cadillac team has built an impressive program and I've been eager to get behind the wheel. I think the Canadian fans will be very excited to see this car in action."

Cadillac is a division of General Motors (NYSE: GM). General Motors, the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide, and has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. Cadillac products include CTS sport sedan, CTS-V, SRX luxury utility, STS performance luxury sedan, DeVille, XLR luxury roadster, and the most powerful full-size utilities on the planet; Escalade, Escalade EXT and Escalade ESV.