PDA

View Full Version : Glue on my side windows

RodB
04-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Early last spring I replaced the outer door weather seals. Install was straightforward and went well. Windows both raised and lowered as they should and the install looked like factory. Sometime later in the season I started noticing two sticky glue stripes on the outside of both windows. I thought it could be excess glue working out of the replaced seal and it would stop. I kept cleaning it off but it comes back most every time with window use.

I recently pulled a door panel to further investigate and found that under the weather seal I installed are two I believe aluminum channels that hold a felt strip in place. The felt strip is rolling up from the bottom and leaving some of its attaching glue on the window. Thinking the window was too tight (although the windows worked as smooth as ever) l loosened the upper rattle stops and cleaned the glue off the felt as best as I could but the stripe keeps coming back. I checked my 90 FSM but window adjustment details are not very helpful. I couldn't even find the felt in the exploded diagram. I checked the inter web but not much there either. Wish I would have paid more attention last year at Carlisle when Mark Horner dissected a door panel! Anyone had this problem or any info? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)

5ABI VT
04-18-2017, 11:35 PM
I cant add much to be helpful but I am positive ive seen these felt pads for sale as replacements. I will try and search as I recall wanting them as well when I saw them