PDA

View Full Version : Storage for a few weeks

32valvesftw
07-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Its been a stressful year at the 32valves house and business is in the tank so Im taking a couple of weeks to go hide in the woods and sort my my brain out. Easier said than done.
In the process I need to put the Z up. She will end up being out of commission for about 3 - 4 weeks. Same for the Bike. The bike hates being left alone for that length of time and usually lets me know by acting up cause her injectors gets gummed up. I use the Stabil 360 marine in both the bike and the Z, should I be worried about the the ethanol containing gas causing me an issue in a few weeks? If so I will have someone come by and run it. I have upgraded injectors, not the original ones.

Kevin
07-29-2016, 11:36 PM
you'll be fine

MickeyD
07-30-2016, 09:01 AM
Mine sit longer than that. Should have no probs. I with ya on the biz thing.

Paul Workman
07-30-2016, 09:06 AM
FWIW, after my small engine mechanic had to go through the carb on my pressure washer (maybe gets run twice a year), he told me to never use SB because (he said) it dissolves "stuff" and should the fuel evaporate, the "stuff" precipitates and plugs stuff up.

His recommendation was to use Sea Foam.

Now I use Sea Foam in my pressure washer and snow blower - never fails to start/run after sitting for months!

IDK :dontknow: The "Foam" has never failed me. Can't say that for the "other stuff".

:cheers:

Racinfan83
07-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Brother - my Z sits for 4-6 MONTHS in the winter and often 4-6 weeks in summer, especially this year. I keep gas tank full and I do put some Seafoam in it. My power washer and snowblower sit outside under a cover all year - same there I keep gas full and a bit of Seafoam in them. I have few issues. I think keeping tank full is the big thing...