PDA

View Full Version : Shoe polish for seat scratches?

32valvesftw
07-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Anyone try shoe polish to fill some a scratch on a seat, like you would get when a tool in your pocket scrapes the seat?

RodB
07-17-2016, 09:12 PM
I've always heard that you aren't suppose to use shoe products on auto leather but I used saddle soap followed by neutral shoe polish on my every day truck. Maybe two or three times a year preferably on a hot day so it would liquefy better. Recently got rid of that old truck but after fifteen years of daily truck use the seats looked like new. Only issue I ever had with it was if you don't use the seat belts you will slide right out the window!! I use it occasionally on the Z and I really like the sheen. I've tried lexol products on the Z but was unimpressed with both grime removal and finished look. Hope this helps

32valvesftw
07-19-2016, 08:28 PM
It does help, thanks. During my days wearing a uniform I used to light the black shoe polish on fire to liquify it, that really covers up stains and helps the shine. I think I'll try that, this is for my daily anyway not the Z.

We Gone
07-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Done it on both the white and black leather used a q-tip and only applied it on the worn areas after it drys I apply a good leather conditioner, been doing it for years not seen any ill effects yet.