PDA

View Full Version : C4 ZR1 go to guy for maintenance in Birminham AL

dbdreams
05-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know who the go to guy is for maintenance on a C4 ZR1 in Birmingham AL?

We Gone
05-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Welcome, What type of work? I can tell you most of the maintenance can be done yourself, If you have some mechanical ability and tools. Look on E-bay for a FSM to go with your year. I'm about 3 hours from ya if you could make it here I would be happy to help ya out if its within my scope of knowledge.. Good luck

dbdreams
05-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Thanks man that's very generous of you but actually I am in the process of buying one and I'm interested in taking it to a professional to give it a thorough going over (PPI) before I commit to buying.

Corvette95
07-17-2016, 07:27 AM
NO!!!!! I feel into a world of incompetence when I tried to get my ZR1 worked on Bham. I had moderate, not good, luck with Speed South. I ended up trailering mine to Aaron at South Georgia Corvette in South Georgia (good guy-ex
pensive). That is you're best best...sorry.

32valvesftw
07-24-2016, 10:37 PM
DB, There is a bunch of info on this site that should at least give you some ideas of what to look for if you cannot find someone to do the PPI. If you cannot find proof that the injectors have been updated, then you should adjust the price accordingly, 1 - 2 K. if the Service Engine Soon light is on, thats another issue. Get a bright flashlight and a mirror to look for oil leaks. There should not be any irregular noises when driving or accelerating. It should tach 6800 or higher with the power key on. If you have the VIN you may want to post it out here, someone may know the car. In my experience PPIs can be hit or miss.

vette6autox
04-12-2018, 06:56 PM
So what happened at Speedsouth?