PDA

View Full Version : New member and owner

LeonMBarnes
08-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Hello all I am pumped to now own this '94 Beauty; 9,607 actual miles, looks and runs just like new.

I live in Northwest Houston,TX; looking toward to hearing from y'all

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/768xq90/r/537/IWZlYN.jpg

Kevin
08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the board! What a beautiful car red over black is what my frost vette was. Just beautiful. Texas has lots of great owners, another gentleman just joined our ranks yesterday. Great to see. Corey henderson down in new braunfuls is the man you want to talk to for Maintance and mods. I know it's a haul bit there are few better

WB9MCW
08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi Leon,

Congrats on the nice score and welcome to the ZOO.

We Gone
08-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Congrats & Welcome Nice ZR-1.

John Boothby
08-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Welcome! Congrats! And, by the way, nice car!!

KILLSHOTS
08-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Beautiful Z! Congrats and welcome!

LeonMBarnes
08-27-2014, 04:06 PM
How do I find see the series number?

WB9MCW
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
How do I find see the series number?

The last 4 digits of your VIN is the production # if that is what your asking.

My 92 is 0443 so it was #443 of 502 made in 92

Fully Vetted
08-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Holy cow. Houston area is coming alive! Welcome aboard! Beautiful car. Nice mileage, too!

ZZZZZR1
08-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow. Beautiful car!!!

Welcome!!!

:cheers:

David

USAZR1
08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Welcome aboard,Leon! Always good to see another Texas ZRoner in our ranks.

Roadster
08-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Congrats, great looking 94......there are a lot of 94's on this forum, we might be taking over, but don't tell anyone......best of luck & have fun!!!

WB9MCW
08-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Yep plenty of 94's all right but I am afraid the 90 and 91's will always out # the 92-3-4 & 5's. Simple math is hard to contest.

Fully Vetted
08-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Hey, Leon. What's your production number? I've got #141

LeonMBarnes
08-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Production number is below. Thanks for the kind words.

samgallagher
09-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Welcome! I think you have my car. ;) Mine is a 1990 and just bought it a month ago. Also, just less than 10k miles. Looks like the same wheels. Previous owner took off the original wheels and tires at 5k miles and stored them in racing bags.

What are your plans with the car? Drive it like you stole it, trailer queen, NCRS?

Again congrats on your new acquistion.

LeonMBarnes
09-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I am also 3rd owner. Plan to drive the car on sunny days, date nights, special events... like I stole it whenever possible. :-D

I'm a newbie, what is NCRS?

samgallagher
09-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Leon,
NCRS stands for National Corvette Restoration Society. If you are intersted in having your car judged then you would want to be a member. They also have a forum.
Spend some time at http://www.ncrs.org/ to get a feel for how they started.
Go to this website for the benefits of joining NCRS: http://www.ncrs.org/join/ncrs-benefits.php

Torch red/Grey...sounds nice.

Z06scentair
09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Leon,
NCRS stands for National Corvette Restoration Society. If you are intersted in having your car judged then you would want to be a member. They also have a forum.
Spend some time at http://www.ncrs.org/ to get a feel for how they started.
Go to this website for the benefits of joining NCRS: http://www.ncrs.org/join/ncrs-benefits.php

Torch red/Grey...sounds nice.

Sam

Did you flight your car or was these awards present when you bought the car?

Certainly seems your car has an aggressive pedigree. Would love to see your car in person, will you have it at any events over the next six months? Kissimmee, Charlotte, local chapter?

Brad

samgallagher
09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Brad,
Fortunately, the previous owner achieved the awards. My understanding to achieve the Cross Flag Award is a 3 yr process. I cannot confirm this with NCRS but my understanding is that this car is the first ZR1 1990 to receive this award. Fact remains it received the award and now ready to be put out to pasture :-)

The car is fully documented. Pictures of original owner all the way to a folder containing the press release in 1989 with a stack of black and white photos. Owner took off the original exhaust, rims, tires and air filter. Those items came with the car. Kudos to the previous owner for his due diligence and hard work.

As far as attending upcoming chapter meets, etc…depends. Sporting Clays comes first and I am also looking for a used enclosed auto trailer. Not just for the ZR1 but for my 1964 Coupe Fuelie. If I do go to an event you listed I will send you a note.

What car is that in your Avatar photo? Looks like a big block stinger hood. Do you own a C2?
Sam

Z06scentair
09-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Brad,
Fortunately, the previous owner achieved the awards. My understanding to achieve the Cross Flag Award is a 3 yr process. I cannot confirm this with NCRS but my understanding is that this car is the first ZR1 1990 to receive this award. Fact remains it received the award and now ready to be put out to pasture :-)

The car is fully documented. Pictures of original owner all the way to a folder containing the press release in 1989 with a stack of black and white photos. Owner took off the original exhaust, rims, tires and air filter. Those items came with the car. Kudos to the previous owner for his due diligence and hard work.

As far as attending upcoming chapter meets, etc…depends. Sporting Clays comes first and I am also looking for a used enclosed auto trailer. Not just for the ZR1 but for my 1964 Coupe Fuelie. If I do go to an event you listed I will send you a note.

What car is that in your Avatar photo? Looks like a big block stinger hood. Do you own a C2?
Sam

Sam

That is awesome. I have a 90 #1964 red/red that is prime candidate for the cross flags award. Will begin chapter flighting in two weeks. Then on to Florida in January for regionals, followed by DM award in April charlotte nc.

Yes that is a 67 435 in the picture. Have a Glen Green 65 L78 coupe, and 63 L76 roadster. Several C4's and a couple mid 70's C3's.

It's great seeing others preserving these auto's.

Would love to achieve the same pedigree with my 1990.

Brad

Mystic ZR-1
09-02-2014, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Z06scentair;211303]Sam

"That is awesome. I have a 90 #1964 red/red that is prime candidate for the cross flags award. Will begin chapter flighting in two weeks. Then on to Florida in January for regionals, followed by DM award in April charlotte nc."

While you're there, ask them how many ZR-1s have attained Top Flights... ;)
5 years trying to find the answer!

Z06scentair
09-02-2014, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Z06scentair;211303]Sam

"That is awesome. I have a 90 #1964 red/red that is prime candidate for the cross flags award. Will begin chapter flighting in two weeks. Then on to Florida in January for regionals, followed by DM award in April charlotte nc."

While you're there, ask them how many ZR-1s have attained Top Flights... ;)
5 years trying to find the answer!

Doug,

As promised a month or so ago. I proceeded to order some documentation from the business.

That sparked a coversation that led me to send an email to Tom Barr. His response was simple I'm not really sure we can supply this type of information?

That led to a follow up email to David Brigham with the subject being "how many zr-1's have received TP? His response was simple. "Brad we don't supply that type of information"

That led me to the new President Dick Capello. No response as of today.

Will keep ya posted.

Maybe I should run for the archive forumist for NCRS?

Brad

Mystic ZR-1
09-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I've met all 3 of the guys mentioned and they're nice guys.
All 3 have given me the "company line" or passed the buck when asked, just like you got.
I guess the "home office" told them to clam up? As a matter of fact, I emailed
Dave Brigham, NCRS Judging Chairman and NE Chapter member, last week and asked again, no response yet...
I'll be going to the New England regional meet as a spectator in a couple
weeks and I plan on asking everyone with an NCRS name tag or NCRS tee shirt on... :-D
Maybe some day the info will be for sale, after all, NCRS is a business.
I wonder if Bloomington Gold can provide their version of what we're looking for?
Keep in mind, and of course they'll never admit it but,,
C4 Corvettes are the "red headed step child" as far as NCRS is concerned! :cry:

samgallagher
09-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Sam

That is awesome. I have a 90 #1964 red/red that is prime candidate for the cross flags award. Will begin chapter flighting in two weeks. Then on to Florida in January for regionals, followed by DM award in April charlotte nc.

Yes that is a 67 435 in the picture. Have a Glen Green 65 L78 coupe, and 63 L76 roadster. Several C4's and a couple mid 70's C3's.

It's great seeing others preserving these auto's.

Would love to achieve the same pedigree with my 1990.

Brad

What's the history on those C2's? Luv Glen Green..nice classic color. Do u like the coupe or conv better? I like the coupes. In fact, they are a rolling piece of art. If I could drive it in reverse going fwd I would. The rear looks better than the frt.

I just got back from Carlisle where my 64 fuelie was on display celebrating the 50th anniversary. The car was filmed and I was interviewd for the upcoming 2nd season of Corvette Nation on the Velocity Channel. The car was also selected for the Celebrity Peoples Choice Award (1 out of 122). My wife & I had a great time despite the lousy weather conditions.

I better get back on ZR1's since this is a ZR1 forum :-D

Best of luck in the pursuit of NCRS awards. I am still learning about the ZR1's but if you have any questions let me know. We can always turn to my previous owner. He is an NCRS judge. He lives north of the Mason-Dixie line.
Sam

Z06scentair
09-03-2014, 09:56 AM
PWhat's the history on those C2's? Luv Glen Green..nice classic color. Do u like the coupe or conv better? I like the coupes. In fact, they are a rolling piece of art. If I could drive it in reverse going fwd I would. The rear looks better than the frt.

I just got back from Carlisle where my 64 fuelie was on display celebrating the 50th anniversary. The car was filmed and I was interviewd for the upcoming 2nd season of Corvette Nation on the Velocity Channel. The car was also selected for the Celebrity Peoples Choice Award (1 out of 122). My wife & I had a great time despite the lousy weather conditions.

I better get back on ZR1's since this is a ZR1 forum :-D

Best of luck in the pursuit of NCRS awards. I am still learning about the ZR1's but if you have any questions let me know. We can always turn to my previous owner. He is an NCRS judge. He lives north of the Mason-Dixie line.
Sam

Lots of history on the C2 cars. My old man collected cars and parts for the better part of 40 years, still does for that matter. It rolled over to me and my brother. I personally like the coupe better, although They are Hot as Hell in the summer though without AC

Old man always said if the Top Goes Back The Price Goes Up.

We have several makes and models of classic cars.

Do you attend the Autofair at Charlotte in the spring and or fall?

If so we have been buying and selling classic cars/parts there for the last 30 year's.

30's 40's 50's 60's 70's.

Congrats on your interview sounds like a nice MY fuel car.

samgallagher
09-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Brad,
Your dad was right on and to quote Wayne Carini of Chasing Classic Cars, "If the top goes down the price goes up".

I still prefer the C2 coupes. Yep, they are hot as Hades w/o AC in the summer. Thank God for the side vent window :-D

I have never been to the Autofair but will go one of these days. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Understand you can drive your car on the Charlotte Speedway Track. Is this correct?
Sam

Z06scentair
09-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Brad,
Your dad was right on and to quote Wayne Carini of Chasing Classic Cars, "If the top goes down the price goes up".

I still prefer the C2 coupes. Yep, they are hot as Hades w/o AC in the summer. Thank God for the side vent window :-D

I have never been to the Autofair but will go one of these days. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Understand you can drive your car on the Charlotte Speedway Track. Is this correct?
Sam

Sam

It's an awesome event if you haven't been. Very Very Large, if you plan to cover the entire event One should plan on attending Thurs,Friday,Saturday.

You can take your car onto the track with special passes that can be purchased via Hornets Nest Club in Charlotte NC.

This is the granddaddy show of car fleamarkets. If you ever went to Hershey back in the 80's. It's almost as large.

NCRS will be hosting a regional here next April, which is known as the spring show. That will be a great show to attend.

Brad

on3wego
09-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Nice car! Enjoy the aura of the Zr-1 /LT5.