PDA

View Full Version : Hemmings Cruise In Bennington VT 7 August

EVILTWINS
07-06-2014, 11:03 AM
An interest in a few of the BONE folks hitting the 7 Aug (or 21 Aug) Hemmings Cruise In in Benington VT??

Regrettably its a Thursday evening but yu get a wide diversity of cars fron VT, MA , VT, NY NH at the event usually a couple of hundred cars show up.

Starts around 5pm and ends around 8 - once your in the event your there till the end due to the number of cars that show up.

Depedning on where u would be coming from might be worthwhile to get a room in Benninton for the night and head back the next AM.

Would be great if we could get 5-10 Zr-1's from the NE region to show up.

If this is NOT a good date the last event for the year at Hemmings is 21 Aug. I didn't originally pick this date as its the day before corvettes at Carlisile. However if is a better date I'm game

We had a great turn out for th Zr-1's At Patriot Place last year this would be another great event and we might get some hemmings coverage in there Muslce Machines MAgazine - I can work this with the editor if we can get a great turn out for either day

If you haven't done this as a car guy you must do it at least once.

If there is interest and depending on where you are coming from we can rally at my house in Dublin and caravan to Bennington together. Its a great 1.5 hr ride thru NH and VT

Also see the thread on Hemmings Muscle Palooza event on 31 Aug at Lebanon Valley NY

Mystic ZR-1
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Giving this some serious thought...
Probably stay overnite? Several reasonably priced
motels nearby.
Too far for an "up and back"

Steve, Big John, Bill & Chris, all BONE members??????

efnfast
07-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I might be up for that.
Doug, you're welcome to stay here. About 2 hours from my house.
21st I'll be on the way to Carlisle......

EVILTWINS
07-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Steve is there anyway to get a hold of Bob Lyle to see if he interested - who If I remember lives fairly close to your neck of the woods??

I met the guy from Keene with a 94 Admiral Blue ZR-1 who just joined the club - I'll see if he is interested - know where he works

There is a guy in Hillsborough NH with a 385 Lingenfelter ZR-1 but have only run into him once - I think I have to go to th Hillsborough Cruise night to catch up w him

efnfast
07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
I'll e-mail Bob.
Let me know if you're going to Hillsboro, I'd be up for that.

EVILTWINS
07-07-2014, 06:59 PM
WILCO

efnfast
07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
WILCO?

EVILTWINS
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM
WILL COMPLY - ARMY RADIO SHORT PHRASE

ROGER - Understand

WILCO - Will Compy

OVER - YOUR TURN TO TALK

OUT - TRANSMISSION FINISHED

efnfast
07-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the education Pete.

Bob Lyle
07-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Aug 7th is good.
Bob

efnfast
07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
WILL COMPLY - ARMY RADIO SHORT PHRASE

ROGER - Understand

WILCO - Will Compy

OVER - YOUR TURN TO TALK

OUT - TRANSMISSION FINISHED

Guess I should have said ROGER, OVER.

EVILTWINS
07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
or Roger Out :)

EVILTWINS
07-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Ok we have about a month before the Hemming s Cruise on 7 Aug

For thise planning on staying over night I can take the lead and see if i can get rooms for us at a local hotel and get some sort of discount just need a count

or

Everyone can be on their own and we can rally at a location in Bennington to drive in as a group on 7 Aug around 1630 hours (430PM):salute:

Let me know your druthers

Thought it would be great to have all the Z's parked together at Hemming's so folks can see them as a group

Mystic ZR-1
07-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Pete
I plan on attending and staying somewhere close by.
Thanks for the offer, but if there's few responses, I can
make reservations for myself. There's a couple places nearby that
aren't too bad $wise. Meeting up and making a "Grand Entrance"
sounds good!
Doug
PS: Big John, what do ya think? Lou, you like Vermont?
Scott, Bob, Bill/Chris, Ed/Mary, it's only a quick blast up Rt 7?
How about the rest of you BONErs?
(maybe we oughta change our name...?)

EVILTWINS
07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
thx Doug

jrd1990zr1
07-14-2014, 05:59 PM
If the weather is good on the 7th, I'm in. I'll do the round trip rather than stay over. 21st conflicts with Carlisle.

Where do you plan to meet up to cruise in? Having never gone there before is there a place we can get together for dinner? Just a thought?

EVILTWINS
07-14-2014, 07:29 PM
jrd1990zr1 (http://zr1.net/forum/member.php?u=551) (sorry I don't know all the Names matched to the Handles)

Thx

There are a couple places outside Bennington that we could use

However there are currently 6 vettes (4 z and 2 other) that have commtted to overnight. I'm talking to the Paradise Motel in Bennngton for a group rate discount and if successfuly suggest we rally there and head over to the Heminnings HQ and do the Grand Entrance (per Doug)

Committed Z's

Doug MArshall - OverNight
Steve Smith - TBD
Bob Lyle - TBD
Pete Pallotta - Over Night
Peter Carrabas - Over Night
Bill Wenzel - Overnight

Other vettes in Gp

Tom Pallotta - 96 GS Over Night
Rocco Derigio - 11 SUpercharged GS - Overnight

To make a real impact/statement I think We need at least 10 Z's to show up

Doug - Can u shake the Tree

Wayne - Can u Make it

Chuck from Keene - be a good first club event for u

I'll call the Hemmings editor this week to see about other rallying points and places to eat and let you folks know in a couple of days

Thx

Pete

efnfast
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Steve Smith, not TBD, I'm in.

EVILTWINS
07-14-2014, 07:45 PM
As always Steve

U DAH MAN :-D

efnfast
07-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Always up for a good time. Plus it will be a nice cruise.

Mystic ZR-1
07-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Shake the tree?
Damn, I'll shake the whole forest!
Cut down the tree if need be... where did I leave my LT5 powered Mcculloch?
Stand by...

CHUCKM
07-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi All
If the weathers good you can count me in but I
will not be staying overnight. I am looking foreword
to meeting you all.

Chuck

EVILTWINS
07-15-2014, 02:39 AM
Chuck thx look forward to seeing u again we can hook up
And cruise over together

Doug - that's the spirit

EVILTWINS
07-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Folks here is the status today wrt to the rooms for the evening of the 7 Aug

It appears this period of the summer is one of Bennington's busiest periods, The Paradise Inn only had two rooms (w/o showers but w tubs ) open for the 7th of Aug and I figured we'd need at least 8 rooms. The Paradise Inn proprietor said w the exception of the Hampton we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in town

The 8 room option in Bennington is the Hampton Inn, they have 10 rooms available for the evening of the 7th. Regrettably, as its the peak season there the room rate is 159/n. I was able to get a rate of $129/n (plus tax) if we committ to 10 rooms.

I have the 10 room contract in hand but I have to give them my credit card to cover the difference in price if we don't make the 10 room minimum

so I want to know from those planning on staying on 7 Aug if the 129/n plus tax is a deal breaker for the event??

I don't have an issue giving my card if we will make the 10 room minimum. Each of you will have to call the hotel by 3 Aug at 12 noon to reserve a room

let me know what your feeling is on the price.

Need info soonest as I need to sign the contract by 18 July

Thx

Pete90970
07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Pete, Doug; At this point I plan to join the group, and will stay over. Will the CT/South group rally somewhere to cruise up together, picking up western MA along the way? We could then meet Pete & NH, etc. in Brattleboro, unless leaving early enough to go to Dublin and travel over to VT as a large group.

Pete
CT "ZR-WON"

Pete, as an aside, are you around this Saturday? I'll be in P'borough with my brother killing time while my wife goes to a baby shower in Manchester. Would love to see your garage and collection. Let me know. Thanks.

EVILTWINS
07-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Pete CT

Awesome that u are going to meet up with us

the choice on where u can hook up w a group is yours

U can meet me and three other vettes at my house in Dublin or at Exit 3 off 91 in Burlington, or hook up w Doug coming up from CT Cars in dublin will be 95 Zr-1, 92 Zr-1, 96 Grand Sport, 11 Supercharged Grand Sport - There might be another GS Centennial edition showing up as well

Still waiting to get a final count of folks going stay over night. and get a discount at Hampton before committing to the hotel for 10 rooms

WRT to coming over this weekend -- regrettably still on the left coast and won't be back till the middle of next week - however when I'm there your always welcome to come and stay over

EVILTWINS
07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Meant Brattleboro NOT Burlington at ext 3 on 91

EVILTWINS
07-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Here is the count as of today 16 July 2014 3:30PM

Zr-1's

Doug MArshall - OverNight
Steve Smith - Overnight
Bob Lyle - (OVERNIGHT TBD)
Pete Pallotta - Over Night
Peter Carrabas - Over Night
Bill Wenzel - Overnight
Pete CT "ZR-WON" - Overnight
Doug (Keene) - SHOW ONLY

Other vettes in Gp

Tom Pallotta - 96 GS Over Night
Rocco Derigio - 11 SUpercharged GS - Overnight
John K - Currently tentative '11 Centennial edition GS Overight

efnfast
07-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Pete, Steve Smith going, but not overnight.
Are we congragating at your house? -Steve

Pete90970
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks Pete, I'll hook up with Doug and work out details with him.

Mystic ZR-1
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM
How about we meet up somewhere near Brattleboro?
Perhaps the vintage/antique Chelsea Royal Diner on Rt 9 just 3 miles west of Rt 91 Brattleboro exit?
(neat old diner, right out of the '30s) We don't need to eat there but it's an
easy to find landmark/meeting spot.
Us guys from CT could meet up earlier somewhere along Rt 91 or ?
to travel North together. I plan on staying overnite and
can travel anytime on Thursday.
Anyone want to split a room?
D

bhedberg
07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Ok, I would like to show up for this and stay overnight. Will probably go straight north from here on route 7 up to Bennington.

Sounds like a great event and will be fun seeing familiar faces.:handshak:

EVILTWINS
07-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Based on the response to stay overnight in Bennington on the 7th, I've decided to leave it up to the individuals to decide their own accommodations if they are staying. You can google Bennington VT hotels and get a list of hotels and Inns

Here is the Hampton Inn info:

Address: 51 Hannaford Sq, Bennington, VT 05201
Phone: (802) 440-9862

As I'm backing out of covering the rooms w my CC the cost right now is $159/n plus tax as of this time. U might be able to find cheaper rooms but your going to have to do the leg work and not sure what u will get.

With that said, I (and a few others of us coming from Dublin area) plan on staying at the Hampton Inn in Bennington and will use that as the rallying point for other folks coming if they desire. Meet at their (hampton Inn) parking lot at 4PM, Kabitz a bit and then head to Hemmings.

For those of u who want to hook up with our group (the three folks from Eastern Mass Corvette Club plus myself u can meet at my house in dublin and we can caravan to Keene NH PU chuck, head to exit 3 of 91 PU ZR WON and then head west on rt 9 in VT directly to Bennington. We will leave dublin at 230PM. Guys coming up from CT/NY will probaby take rt 7 or rt 22 off the Mass Pike just past Springfield.

For steve S and Bob L looks like the best rt for u is to come down to Keene. we can pick u up there with Chuck or if u want to double back to dublin its about 13 Miles east of Keene

If want to hook up in Dublin, will meet you at the dublin House or at the intersection of 101 and rt 137 in dublin. Its a large Citgo Gas station so u can fill up there as well. Meet u at 230PM. If your not there at 230 we leave w/o u

or we can just meet u in Bennington at the hotel or at Hemmings cruise in. If we/all go acapella to Hemmings the way they park will probably preclude us from parking as a group unless we make Dougs described grand entrance and hook up as a group (ie meet at Hampton INN)

EVILTWINS
07-18-2014, 01:14 PM
We can hook up at the diner

can u get an address for GPS purposes

thx

ZZZZZR1
07-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Pete

Wish I could go!!!!

Thanks for setting is up and can't wait for pictures!!

:cheers:

David

Mystic ZR-1
07-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Chelsea Royal Diner
487 Marlboro Rd (Rt 9)
Brattleboro VT 05301

3 miles (west) from Rt 91 exit 2
37 miles from Bennington on Rt 9

Just made a reservation at Hampton Inn Bennington using
the AAA/AARP rate (don't give me a hard time about being old...)
$143.10, not as good as the rate Pete was
gonna get, but better than $159. Spliting the room w/Bill Hedburg
of "Mountain Run 2" fame!

efnfast
07-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Is that the Cheesey Royal Diner?

Mystic ZR-1
07-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Is that the Cheesey Royal Diner?

I suppose you could get a cheaseburger there?
Actually, been there a few times on the way to Mt Snow skiing,
the food ain't that great...

jrd1990zr1
07-18-2014, 04:30 PM
I suppose you could get a cheaseburger there?
Actually, been there a few times on the way to Mt Snow skiing,
the food ain't that great...

Doug,

Any idea about what time your group will arrive in Bennington? I'll plan to cruise in with you but I don't want to drive to the diner to meet up.

John

CHUCKM
07-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi Pete
I'll be waiting for you on Rte.9 just west of Keene at 2:45 , if anyone else
wants to meet there that would be great. Hope the weather holds out as
I am looking forward meeting everyone.

Chuck

CHUCKM
07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Hi Pete
I'll be waiting for you on Rte.9 just west of Keene at 2:45 , if anyone else
wants to meet there that would be great. Hope the weather holds out as
I am looking forward meeting everyone.

Chuck

efnfast
07-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Pete, I'll try to hook up with Bob L. I'll meet you at the Dublin house at 2:30. I think we should hook up with Doug and make a grand entrance. -Steve

Bob, it looks ok for me to go to Rt 89 and over from there. About an hour from the Beefside. So, if we lunch there at 12:30, hit the road by 1:30, in Dublin in plenty of time.

Mystic ZR-1
07-18-2014, 10:28 PM
ETA Cheasy Royal Diner? about 37 miles to Bennington on Rt 9
3:15?
ETA Hampton Inn Bennington? Check in etc.
4:00?
Depart Hampton Inn for Hemmings Cruise-In "Grand Entrance" at ?
???

We've got a lot of time to figure this out.

Pete90970
07-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Pete, Doug; My brother (from Peterborough) will join me on the 7th. I will pick him up and meet with the group leaving from Dublin - would like to meet at your place Pete, but need specifics from Carr's Store only. We have reserved at the Hampton in Bennington. Pete (CT)

CHUCKM
07-20-2014, 10:15 AM
I have a friend of mine riding over with me so I will meet
the group at the Royal diner at 3:15.

Chuck

EVILTWINS
07-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Do u mean Chealsea Royal Diner?

Couldn't find Cheasy Royal diner?

Chealsea Royal Diner appears to be what your are referring to.

Address: 487 Marlboro Road
West Bratlleboro Vt. 05301

Exit 2 off rt 91. Head west on rt 9 for about 2 miles it's on your right

EVILTWINS
07-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Directions to Dublin house

Address: 156 Brush Brook Road
Dublin NH. 03444

At intersection of rt 101 and rt 137 in dublin. This is where the Citgo Station located

Head north on 137 for apprx 1 mile. You will pass an Italian restaurant on your left (Del Rossi - Pretty good food) , then u will pass boulder drive on your left, approx 500 ft past boulder drive -- on your right u will see a granite post w 156 on it. Turn down the dirt drive way and follow for about 1/4 mile. It goes over a bridge and turns to paved till u Get to the top. Your there

My cell # is 619 259 8134

Mystic ZR-1
07-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Do u mean Chealsea Royal Diner?

Couldn't find Cheasy Royal diner?

Chealsea Royal Diner appears to be what your are referring to.

Address: 487 Marlboro Road
West Bratlleboro Vt. 05301

Exit 2 off rt 91. Head west on rt 9 for about 2 miles it's on your right

Ya Pete, its's the Chealsea Royal Diner. Me and Steve
were just funnin' ;) goofin' on my typo.

EVILTWINS
07-21-2014, 09:54 PM
:)

Dah!!!!!!

efnfast
07-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Bob Lyle and I will be at the Dublin House at 2:30. Is that still the plan Pete? You posted directions to somewhere else. -Steve

EVILTWINS
07-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Steve etal

There are directions to the house in Dublin and Directions to the Cheasy Diner in Brattleboro

Your call on where to meet . I live just up the street from the Citgo in Dublin at the intersection of 101 and rt 137 directions from there are on the forum

Looking at the times between stops I think we should consider leaving dublin around 215 vice 230 so folks coming to the dublin house pls be there at 2PM

Rt 9 is not conducive to robust driving and don't want the local jandarms having a field day w us so it will gives us a bit more time suggest we consider meetin at Diner at 3 vice 315 as doug suggested

Mystic ZR-1
07-25-2014, 09:00 PM
3 sounds good!
Could do earlier if needed.

BigJohn
07-25-2014, 09:26 PM
08:30???

EVILTWINS
07-31-2014, 07:13 PM
SO WE ARE DOWN TO ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE THE BIG EVENT

FOR THOSE OF YOU STAYING OVER NIGHT I'VE MADE TENTATIVE DINNER ARRANGEMENTS AT CHILI'S WHICH IS RIGHT ACROSS FROM THE HAMPTON. I PICKED THIS SO THAT WE COULD IMBIBE W/O HAVING TO PLAY FOOTSIE WITH THE LOCAL CONSTABULARIES. ALSO THEY ARE PROBABLY BETTER TO HANDLE THE LARGER GROUP. i KNOW A COUPLE OF FOLKS ARE STAYING ELSEWHERE IN BENNINGTON SO IF YOU COME TO DINNER (AND WE HOPE U WILL ) BE CAREFUL GOING BACK

THE MANAGER (KIM) IS A CORVETTE GUY AND IS GOING TO CLEAR OUT THE FRONT OF CHILI'S SO WE CAN PARK ENMASS.

WEATHER.COM RIGHT NOw SHOWS 70'S CLEAR AND 20% CHANCE OF RAIN
SO AS OF RIGHT NOW WE ARE A GO

i LL SEND A FINAL POST TUESDAY NEXT WEEK TO SUMMARIZE ALL THE MOVING PARTS

THX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

PETE

Mystic ZR-1
08-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Weather forecast looks good for Thursday!
Pete
What time do you envision leaving the hotel for Hemmings? 1630?

Reviewing the posts, it looks like we should have as many as 9 ZR-1s and 3 other
Vettes in our group!!! That'll be a "Grand Entrance" for sure!!! That's 39 cams and
336 valves!

Bob Lyle
08-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Hi Pete
Is the plan to meet at your house 2:30 still good.:proud:
I have a friend riding with me.

EVILTWINS
08-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Bob etal

I was looking at travel times to Bennington from both the Chealsea Diner and Dublin

I think we need to get to the Hampton Inn Bennington NLT 4PM to check in and be ready to leave for the Hemmings Cruise In NLT 430PM (its about a 10 min drive)

So I woud like to leave Dublin NLT 2PM and get to the Chealsea Diner by about 2:45 PU the rest of the folks who will be rallying there and head off the Bennington which is about a 50 Min drive. If we hit Chealsea House at about 245 we should make it to Bennington around 3:50PM (or 1550 for u military types)

For those who are coming to Dublin u can meet us at one of two places:

156 Brush Brook Road - My house or (take a pee, get somethng to drink, kabitz) get here as early as you like -

or

Citgo Station at the intersections of rt 101 and rt 137 (u can Gas up there)

to get to the Dublin house go north on 137 (from the Citgo Station) approx 1.0 mile on your right look for a sign (Hemming's Or Bust) pointing down a gravel drive (it turns to paved) go about 1/4 mile and you'll arrive at the top of the hill at the house

We will leave Dublin House sharply at 2PM PU any folks at the Citgo Station and head west to the Chealsea Diner and PU Doug etal

Dinner at Chilis in Bennington (or whever you choose individually) Kim the manager at Chilis said he would take care of us. we can get a count of whose going to dinner at chilis when we get to the cruise. KIm is going to clear out a spot in front of Chilis for all the vettes

here are some GPS addresses for you

Hemming's cruise - 216 Main St, Bennington, VT 05201

Hampton Inn - 51 Hannaford Sq, Bennington, VT 05201

Chealsea Diner - 487 Marlboro Rd. West Brattleboro, Vermont 05301

my contact number is 619 259 8134

Looking forward to seeing you all

Questions Comments ??

Mystic ZR-1
08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
I love detailed plans!
Must be the ex-NUC in me...
I'll be at the diner 1430ish,
The weather looks good!

EVILTWINS
08-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Here at the folks that I think will show up

ZR-1

Doug M
Steve S
Bob L
Pete 90970
Chuck M
Bill H
JRD1990ZR1
Pete C
Pete P
Bill W

others

Rocco D - 11 Supercharged GS
Tom P - 09 Sr1 0r 96 GS
Jay O - 94 Lingenfelter

If I missed anyone let me know

thx:USFlag:

EVILTWINS
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
One final thought

if your a ZR! Registry member and purchased a 2014 T shirt how about wearing on thursday night to and during the cruise

Show a little solidarity :)

you'll be easy to spot

Mystic ZR-1
08-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Full dress uniform w/ ribbons or formal w/medals and ceremonial sword?
:fahne:

BigJohn
08-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I would like to see that!

efnfast
08-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I can do that. Hate to be a stick in the mud, but looks like a 50/50 shot at rain.

BigJohn
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Any photos please!!!

Pete90970
08-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Pete, Great cruise, thanks for all the organizing and sharing of your "modest" collection hidden way back in the woods of Dublin. Enjoyed the ride over - despite the rain in Keene, but I've got to say that the ride back to Brattleboro Friday morning was even better! Left hotel at 0705, I was on 91 south at the VT/MA State Line at 0800 !! (Last 10 mi. Into Bratt. was hindered by a semi.

Thanks Again, Pete (CT)

EVILTWINS
08-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Peter. Glad u enjoyed the couple of days. I'll try to post some pix and videos of the "event" over the next couple of days, Doug pls feel free to up load your photo's as well

EVILTWINS
08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Her are a couple of pix of the3714

3716 Hemmings event - thx to Peter Carrabas for the shots