PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach Corvette Club show at Broadway at the beach

Z06scentair
05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
This is a great show hope to see some of you there!

http://www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com/carshow.htm

June 7th.

About 250-300 cars last year and two ZR-1's :(

This year Im leaving the Z06 at home and the C2 is getting ready for NCRS, guess I will be forced to take the ZR-1.

JimZRyd
05-30-2014, 11:29 PM
I plan to be there as well with the 94 Admiral. Always a a good turn out of Vettes!

Z06scentair
05-31-2014, 09:29 AM
I plan to be there as well with the 94 Admiral. Always a a good turn out of Vettes!

Jim did you attend with the AB car last year? If so we spoke.

JimZRyd
05-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Jim did you attend with the AB car last year? If so we spoke.

Yes That was me. I cruised down with my buddy Paul Walk, who had the 93 LPE/LSV. We plan to be there again next week. Would be great to have a couple more Z's:dancing

Z06scentair
05-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Yes That was me. I cruised down with my buddy Paul Walk, who had the 93 LPE/LSV. We plan to be there again next week. Would be great to have a couple more Z's:dancing

I remember both cars the LPE car was Polo Green. Last year I was parked right in front of you with the Red Z06. We spoke briefly and I commended you on a beautiful car.

JimZRyd
05-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks! It'll be good for us all to get together again and the more Z's the better!

Z06scentair
06-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Be at NMB by 1pm!:cheers:

Z06scentair
06-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Jim,

Great meeting up with you fellow's again. My pictures didn't turn out so well, would you mind posting a few for the group.

Brad

JimZRyd
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Sure thing Brad! It was nice to meet face to face with another Registry member! And one that's not too far away! I didn't take a whole lot of pics but I will download the ones I took and post them soon.

Paul in SC
06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey Jim and Brad, it was great to share the day with you guys. Always fun to cruise around with you Jim. There were over 305 Corvettes registered for the show along with about 90 Myrtle Beach Club cars.

There was a lot of activity around the three Zs that's for sure. Had a super surprise when a guy came up to me and introduced himself as the DRE (Design Release Engineer) from GM on the HVAC for the LT5 from the inception, Steve Clark. He provided a little bit more of the history of the cars including the search for a facility to test drive the early LT5s at 180 mph+ to test the HVAC; ended up being at the Talladaga Superspeedway ... and he was there!

At the end of the show, he mentioned talking to one of you and was made aware of the ZR1 Net Registry. I am not making a confirmation of his desire, but he mentioned to me that he may get on the forum when he gets some time, and offer to provide technical support on the HVAC if we have questions. What a resource that would be!!!

BTW, he just returned from 12 years overseas and got his '63 Roadster out of storage, cleaned it up for the show and won First Place in the C2 class. Great looking car!!

Z06scentair
06-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Hey Jim and Brad, it was great to share the day with you guys. Always fun to cruise around with you Jim. There were over 305 Corvettes registered for the show along with about 90 Myrtle Beach Club cars.

There was a lot of activity around the three Zs that's for sure. Had a super surprise when a guy came up to me and introduced himself as the DRE (Design Release Engineer) from GM on the HVAC for the LT5 from the inception, Steve Clark. He provided a little bit more of the history of the cars including the search for a facility to test drive the early LT5s at 180 mph+ to test the HVAC; ended up being at the Talladaga Superspeedway ... and he was there!

At the end of the show, he mentioned talking to one of you and was made aware of the ZR1 Net Registry. I am not making a confirmation of his desire, but he mentioned to me that he may get on the forum when he gets some time, and offer to provide technical support on the HVAC if we have questions. What a resource that would be!!!

BTW, he just returned from 12 years overseas and got his '63 Roadster out of storage, cleaned it up for the show and won First Place in the C2 class. Great looking car!!

Paul,

Great meeting you as well. It's always great to meet corvette owner's and enthusists. I spoke with Steve in great detail and did entice him a little to get involved in the forum now that he was retired.;)

Funny thing, was we were actually talking about his 63 340hp car which I have as well! Next thing I know he says yes and I designed the cooling system on the LT5. That was my chance and told him I had brought a ZR-1 to the show.

We went over and look at my car in detail. It was a very nice compliment to hear a real GM engineer involved in the project tell me how nice my car was. Absolutely Beautiful as he described.

You know guys we should start getting together more often....maybe a meet up every couple of months or so?

Jim's car is beautiful and I would love to spend some time helping him detail the engine in that car. Paul I would love to get a ride in your car!

Brad

JimZRyd
06-09-2014, 10:33 PM
That would be awesome Brad for us to get together throughout the year! Other than Paul, I don't know anybody else with a ZR-1 anywhere close by. Anyways, I put some pics up under the General section so that others might see them easier. Lets keep in touch!

Paul in SC
06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I am in 100% on a get together. And I think we could work out the ride deal. :cheers:

BTW, nice pix Jim and thanks for posting.

Z06scentair
06-10-2014, 10:42 AM
How far away is Columbia for you fellows?

Paul in SC
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
To the center of the city, about 1hr and 15min, conservatively. :)

ZZZZZR1
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
I am in 100% on a get together. And I think we could work out the ride deal. :cheers:

BTW, nice pix Jim and thanks for posting.

When you work something out, we can send out emails to owners within a few hours.

Love seeing pictures of Gatherings of owners!!!

Paul, will we see you @ Carlisle this year?

:cheers:

David

Paul in SC
06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Hey, David.
We had a great time and it was fantastic to have Brad and Jim there to make up the team of Zs. I was totally blown away :dontknow: when we took first place in the C4 class since we were competing against the extremely beautiful cars that they own.

I will have to check through the few pix we took and see if there are some that I can post. I do know I have a great shot of Jim with his AB :) and of Steve Clark's '63. Not sure if I got one of Brad's.

Carlisle would be nice, but at this point we have planned on doing several "vacations" this sumer and fall. Not sure how it will play out. If a trip to Carlisle can be put on the map, it would probably be in my wife's '09 vert.

BTW, don't you dare stop at Jim's again and not let me know...[-X.

Z06scentair
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
I know of several cars in North Carolina that would most likely be interested in a meet up event. Will see what I can pull off in the next few weeks.

Dave,

I'm planning to make Carlisle again this year, only with the mid-year. I will stop in the groups space and meet you fellows.

JimZRyd
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
How far away is Columbia for you fellows?

Yep only about 45 min to an hour to get to Columbia, Add 15 mins or so to get to the I26 area. I am back and forth to Columbia on a regular basis. There is the Capital City Corvette Club there...maybe we could catch up at one of their get togethers?

Z06scentair
06-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Yep only about 45 min to an hour to get to Columbia, Add 15 mins or so to get to the I26 area. I am back and forth to Columbia on a regular basis. There is the Capital City Corvette Club there...maybe we could catch up at one of their get togethers?

Find out next time they meet up and let me know.

Columbia is about 1.25 hours for me but that's no big deal.