PDA

View Full Version : ECM label

Jetjock
05-18-2014, 09:52 AM
My 93 Ruby is missing the ECM label. I took a picture of my 92Z's label and this is what it looks like. Anybody have a 93 ECM label picture to compare? The other ZR-1's have different info on them. The NCRS manual calls for service part #16163993 to be on the label.

Jetjock
05-18-2014, 10:01 AM
This is from a 94 ZR-1 ECM.

WVZR-1
05-18-2014, 10:04 AM
This is from a 94 ZR-1 ECM.

Here is "WeGone" from his '93 in this link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1586825229-post7.html

Jetjock
05-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Thanks! It seems that there are all sorts of different labels.

WVZR-1
05-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks! It seems that there are all sorts of different labels.

Yes there would be a total of 6 different (minimum) because even though the final "over the counter" PROM for '93 to '95 is the same the production number and the four digit PROM identifier of each year would be different. Depending on the build date of your '93 there could be actually 2 possibles. Use this chart and it might be interesting to compare:

http://zr1.net/forum/showpost.php?p=201741&postcount=5

I would think I would want to confirm with builds before the production dates shown in the chart and those after. I don't have any idea of "WeGone" build date and how it compares with the chart I posted. Important? You could have the NCRS guys scratching their heads if you quizzed them.

BAZJ or BFDM

Jetjock
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Interesting. Marc thought that the BKRR was from late 93 to mid 95 but your chart shows me that the BC could be any of 5 different ones. My car build date was April of 93. Don't know if that plays into it but it narrows it down. My question then would be this: Did Merc Marine do this at their factory since they built the engine? How far in advance did they do this? I would hazard a guess and say that it would be BFDM only because of the dates involved. The NCRS manual states that it would to be 16163993 but there are 4 different BC's. Other than pulling the chip out, is there any other way to find out what it is supposed to be. I was told by the owner that he updated the chip. My 92 Z is #423 built in May of 92 but the BC was built in Nov of 91.

WVZR-1
05-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Interesting. Marc thought that the BKRR was from late 93 to mid 95 but your chart shows me that the BC could be any of 5 different ones. My car build date was April of 93. Don't know if that plays into it but it narrows it down. My question then would be this: Did Merc Marine do this at their factory since they built the engine? How far in advance did they do this? I would hazard a guess and say that it would be BFDM only because of the dates involved. The NCRS manual states that it would to be 16163993 but there are 4 different BC's. Other than pulling the chip out, is there any other way to find out what it is supposed to be. I was told by the owner that he updated the chip. My 92 Z is #423 built in May of 92 but the BC was built in Nov of 91.

Look at I believe block 61 on the build sheet and that would tell you what "should" be on the label for any particular car. I don't have one here to look at but that's I believe the correct block for the information. Location I believe could be consistent for all years.

The ECM install would have been an assembly line install. #371 in '95 is a BMCB

Jetjock
05-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Actually, it's box 56 and it says BFDM. Found out from Gordon that the ECM was put on at the plant and the Delco/Delphi people put it together and ship them to the plant. Now to see if there is a placard that can say that. Thanks for the help! You are very much correct about the assembly line install.

WVZR-1
05-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Actually, it's box 56 and it says BFDM. Found out from Gordon that the ECM was put on at the plant and the Delco/Delphi people put it together and ship them to the plant. Now to see if there is a placard that can say that. Thanks for the help! You are very much correct about the assembly line install.

Apparently the ECM block changes through production but I knew it should be there and it's the specification that you need. The eight digit number on the third line of the label is the original Delco/GM spec number for the production ECM assembly and needs to match also for an NCRS correct. The third line of the label on "WeGone" can't be read in the snapshot but it's what you need for a correct label for yours. There would be a couple of ways to duplicate the label I'd think.