PDA

View Full Version : Code 51

wikdzr1
06-14-2004, 08:26 AM
I just put in my 4:10 gears and love the power while testing it out my engine starts to miss & buck. My dash flashes SYS, Speedo goes to zero, & security light flashes then car runs fine for a 20 –30 mins then same thing, it also throws an service ASR code. The air conditioner also stops working and throws a flash code when I restart. Any suggestions

I have scanned my car and it produced a code 51, the service manual states replace the Prom. I have a doug Rippee prom ???

92 ZR1

Brett K

wikdzr1
06-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks to a few chipmunks & 50-100 acorns jammed under my plenum my secondary butterflies were held slightly open. Also on the other bank my secondaires would only open ¼ , after adjusting & cleaning out the acorns I now have full throttle. I never drive my car without the full power switch on and she runs great under full power but when the switch is not on & I give it the pedal my car stumbles and misses on the primary only. When the full power switch is on it appears to run great dose that mean my primary injectors are bad ?

Thanks for your support,
Brett

92 ZR1
B&B, DRM chip & 4:10