PDA

View Full Version : How about a why I did join.

We Gone
04-13-2014, 06:33 PM
I joined many years ago, and could care less about all the politics.

1. To give back a small amount to the origination that has given so much to the ZR-1.

2. The price per year is nothing not even a tank of gas.

3, The information given here is priceless, Sure I could get it all for free but I'm not a taker or user of others and beleave everything has a value.

4. I only hope I can give back something to those who have helped me enjoy my passion for this special Corvette.

5. Much of the technical information on the ZR-1 can only be found here, that has value.

6. Finely thanks to all here who help us out when in need.

Your Comments Welcome.

Steve

chriskinzel
04-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Those are the same reasons that I joined. I have never regretted doing so!:-D

Fully Vetted
04-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I thought owning the car was going to be the draw. Turns out owning the car is the thrill. But meeting you guys, the guys that keep the spirit alive... that's the draw. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Price of admission is a non issue considering the content.

Blue Flame Restorations
04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Being a part of this Community and paying my dues is one of the very best decisions I've ever made, regarding my car hobby.

* The technical information is priceless
* The friends and acquaintances I've made are life lasting
* Helping and getting help = KARMA

I look forward to the annual events and seeing and meeting more people with the same interests as my own. :handshak:

Gunny
04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks, Steve ...

You started an excellent list of reasons to join, and there are many more, I'm sure. When I purchased my Z, I quickly realized that I needed to network with other owners for many reasons including tech support, maintenance info, and perhaps more importantly, the "brotherhood of the beast". As luck would have it I was searching the 'net for a group that might meet these needs and the current ZR-1 Net Registry was organizing at that moment ... I suspect that member #14 was close to the first day of founding.

Vette Guy
04-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks Steve.

It truly is amazing the tight knit group of friends I've made over the years, spanning from coast to coast, with others who share this passion. We are not all the same, but understand one another's passion for the ZR-1, and typically will go out of our way to help another within the "family". That's what this organization represents to me.

Should enthusiasts not find what they are looking for in our community, there are other communities out there that may better suit them.

This is all about having fun, and you guys have made it just that.

Mark

Racinfan83
04-14-2014, 07:05 AM
I have learned so much from this site - that the dues was a small price to pay for it!
Without this place - there would be very little info on these cars. I discovered that when I was online researching them before I made the trade that got me mine.
I have already struck up some "online friendships" - and hope to meet many of you guys in person in the future. :cheers:

carmine
04-14-2014, 11:01 AM
The Registry, is ZR-1 Thank U All

Kevin
04-14-2014, 11:05 AM
same reason I joined and then became a mod. I don't have time to run for the board but wanted to help in some way

fletchusmc
04-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I was fortunate that the previous owner gave me a stack of the previous King of the Hill and ZR-1 registry magazines. Between reading all of those and everything I could find on here and the help I have already received from other ZR-1 owners I wanted to contribute to this group as well. May be a long time before I can meet up with some of you at events, but I am definitely looking forward to it. Oh and I'm lucky to have a wife that convinced me to buy this one even if during the first couple of weeks of owning it everytime she rode with me I swear she made up new words :-D

efnfast
04-14-2014, 02:00 PM
I'd be afraid of my car without the friends I've made on this site. -Steve

Fully Vetted
04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
You and me both...

scottfab
04-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Great queston, great answers. Mine are a bit the same and a bit different. I include all past incarnations of the club I joined some 17yrs ago.
1. To share the joy and the pain.
2. To learn and to disseminate
3. To meet the designers.
4. To keep ZR-1s on the road.

KILLSHOTS
04-16-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm a brand new member, and I have only owned my Z for 2 months. From a crass, monetary standpoint, the folks I've met have already saved me at least 10 times the cost of my membership dues. From a personal standpoint, I've been instantly and warmly accepted as a friend by a great group of guys who have a genuine interest in helping me improve and enjoy my new car...most especially David Johnson, who has absolutely gone out of his way on several occasions for me, expecting nothing in return.

Call me naive, but isn't that exactly what this is all supposed to be about?

Roadster
04-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....

Blue Flame Restorations
04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Roadster;200765]Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....[QUOTE]

Hi Tom. The BOD's met with the website folks today. There is a system glitch that is causing your issue. We hope to have that corrected ASAP! I apologize for the inconvenience but am also very glad to have you aboard as a new member, soon.

Brett Henderson

We Gone
04-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Welcome Tom, Hope you enjoy many years here as I have. Looking forward to your posts.

Roadster
04-17-2014, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Roadster;200765]Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....[QUOTE]

Hi Tom. The BOD's met with the website folks today. There is a system glitch that is causing your issue. We hope to have that corrected ASAP! I apologize for the inconvenience but am also very glad to have you aboard as a new member, soon.

Brett Henderson

Thanks Brett, as of now the glitch is still there, will try again tomorrow.
And thanks for checking into this and your response.....appreciated Tom

Welcome Tom, Hope you enjoy many years here as I have. Looking forward to your posts.

Thank you Steve, have alot to learn about the LT5, as I mentioned before, there is a wealth of info on this site......:-D
And I like my ZR-1......:):-D Tom

A1990
04-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....

Who is Jim? PM me your user name and email address and I will try to help

Roadster
04-19-2014, 10:57 PM

Jimis the person who sent me a temp password, to see if it would allow me to logon to join......I have no troublr in the forum area, but still can't join as of tonight.....

Also PM sent........thx.....Tom

Blue Flame Restorations
04-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Jimis the person who sent me a temp password, to see if it would allow me to logon to join......I have no troublr in the forum area, but still can't join as of tonight.....

Also PM sent........thx.....Tom

Tom, PM sent

Roadster
04-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Tom, PM sent

copy, now I understand your PM to me........thx again.....Tom

QB93Z
04-20-2014, 07:28 AM

Jim Voter.

Jim

Paul Workman
04-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Because, THIS is THEE place to come for all things ZR-1. But, the people here are what makes owning the Z very special. It is everything from sharing outings, or modding, or helping a brother with an issue = what it is all about and in abundance in the Registry.

If the dues keeps this forum and the Registry alive; maintains a place to go for help or to share experiences and photos, I fee the club returns the value 100s of times over. I doan need no T-shirt or stickers with my annual dues. Keep 'em, and thank-you everyone for the privilege of being a member!

We Gone
04-22-2014, 11:20 PM
:cheers: Sounds like we all came here for the ZR-1 and the brotherhood that surrounds it.

Looking forward to meeting those who make BG this year.

msorenso
04-23-2014, 11:15 AM
During the mid 90s, when I was in high school and let me tell you I lived and breathed Football, Chevrolet Camaro & Corvette, with a speical place in my heart for the ZR1. I even had a t-shirt from the local dealership that had the logo life begins at 180mph. Before I finally decided to make my dream come true last summer and buy a ZR1, I didnt even know this web site existed. I decided I better brush up on what I need to watch out for and came across the forum. I ended up buying one from a guy off the forum and wow what a wealth of information I have recieved from the forum. The brotherhood and trust here is really unique. I have been part of another forum and I can say for the most part the bs here is a minumum. This forum is like my college classes back in the day, there are the professors and the learners. While on other forums its seems to be like going down town for the night and sorting through all the bs. I feel its the least I can do to give back and be a member. Thank you all!!!

Hog
04-23-2014, 12:56 PM
I joined because this site allows me to be a a distant cousin of the 2nd generation ZR-1 family.
There is a lot of info here, and it appears to be a great group of guys and gals. I enjoy supporting "good causes".
One day, I'll have one in the garage.

We Gone
04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
I joined because this site allows me to be a a distant cousin of the 2nd generation ZR-1 family.
There is a lot of info here, and it appears to be a great group of guys and gals. I enjoy supporting "good causes".
One day, I'll have one in the garage.

Hope you find the car of your dreams, As long as this site is supported we can keep them running forever!!!

cadillac531
04-23-2014, 07:42 PM
I joined the forum to pick up chicks :)

KILLSHOTS
04-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Best reason yet.

Racinfan83
04-23-2014, 08:32 PM

Found you some....:p

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/kalas1963/S5001498.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/kalas1963/media/S5001498.jpg.html)

cadillac531
04-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Found you some....:p

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/kalas1963/S5001498.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/kalas1963/media/S5001498.jpg.html)

You, sir, are a chick magnet! :)

Racinfan83
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
You, sir, are a chick magnet! :)

I take em out to dinner and a drink - what can I say... =D>:mrgreen::wink:

RyanChappel
04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
..and I echo a lot of posters...the technical information is worth multiples of the cost of membership, and I'm not a freeloader. I defy anyone to find a more generous and sharing group anywhere, without a bunch of agendas. I am very appreciative of everyone here.