PDA

View Full Version : My brand new Z

KILLSHOTS
02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello all,

Just purchased 1990 #2954 with just under 16K original miles. I've been on this forum ABSORBING and I can't believe what a wealth of knowledge you guys are. I'm also struck by the way that everyone treats each other just like family...that's really cool! Marc has been extremely helpful to me, too. My car is in the shop getting a new clutch assembly and injectors - yep, it rattled - but I can't wait to get it back and enjoy more of that LT5 music.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you Arizona guys.

Best regards,
Chris

:proud:

We Gone
02-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Welcome Chris, And Congrats on the ZR-1

USAZR1
02-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Glad to have you aboard,Chris. Welcome to the Brotherhood!

KILLSHOTS
02-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Clearly, it is a brotherhood, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it! Thanks so much for the welcome!

If only more of us could experience the sound this engine makes as it crosses the 4000rpm threshold, there would be far less sadness in this world!

KILLSHOTS
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
BTW, Steve, you are one lucky man to have a Quasar Blue one!;)

Franke
02-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Welcome Chris. If we can help just holler.

KILLSHOTS
02-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Frank! Just spoke with Marc today and ordered his chip and will be getting the Corsa RSC shortly. Are you happy with that setup on your 90?

KILLSHOTS
02-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Sorry, missed the E in Franke!

lisounds
03-01-2014, 09:17 AM
good luck with you new ride. post up a picture or 2

:handshak:

We Gone
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Ty Chris, Yes definitely show us some pics of your new ride!!

KILLSHOTS
03-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Really light on pics so far, since it went into the shop almost immediately after I brought it home. Here's one, though. Does ANYONE have ANY idea what kind of car I traded for it???? :confused:

WB9MCW
03-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Congrats Chris on the nice snag and welcome to the ZRONERS and our ZOO.

My guess is you traded a BMW off for the Z? Just a guess however.

KILLSHOTS
03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Congrats Chris on the nice snag and welcome to the ZRONERS and our ZOO.

My guess is you traded a BMW off for the Z? Just a guess however.
Thank you sir! Nope, not a BMW. Take a look at the tag on the Z and you'll have an idea...

Franke
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks, Frank! Just spoke with Marc today and ordered his chip and will be getting the Corsa RSC shortly. Are you happy with that setup on your 90?
Yes. I am happy with the Corsa exhaust. It is a bit louder than stock but I was mainly looking for the gain in HP from the less restricted system. The stock system was really choked down at the resonator to 1 5/8 inches from the cats and I couldn't believe Chevy would do that. I'm still wondering why.

Traded and earlier corvette?

KILLSHOTS
03-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Yes. I am happy with the Corsa exhaust. It is a bit louder than stock but I was mainly looking for the gain in HP from the less restricted system. The stock system was really choked down at the resonator to 1 5/8 inches from the cats and I couldn't believe Chevy would do that. I'm still wondering why.

Traded and earlier corvette?
Sure did...beautiful blue on blue '87 convertible with the 4+3. Lost my shirt on it and will miss it but what can I say...got the LT5 fever!

I'm with you. No idea why they choked this engine so badly. Spoke with Marc yesterday and my chip and intake hoops are on the way. As soon as I recover from the financial shock of the car itself and the repairs, I'm ordering the Corsa system. Can't wait!