PDA

View Full Version : Performance Registry Interest?

LGAFF
02-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Wonder if this would work to collect data and then it could be put into a spreadsheet

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BQGC92X

efnfast
02-20-2014, 05:56 PM
It's always fun to collect data.

A26B
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
It's a start. I would suggest adding 1/2 mile and 1 mile event speeds, since those are popular events where ZR-1's use their best attributes.

LGAFF
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Looks like a 10 question limit on the free version. I could combine ET/MPH in one box. My thought was to buy the enhanced version 2X a year, you then convert it into excel and publish

WARP TEN
02-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I think this is a fine idea but I would like to see it as part of a larger, Shelby-like registry with as much description and history as possible (in a defined space) on the cars, including things like VINs of totaled or resurrected cars, info on prototypes etc. Think how helpful it would be to both buyers and sellers to say "listed in the ZR-1 Registry". I think it would be a manageable undertaking even though there were so many made, since only a thousand or two have active members like us. Anyway, just an idea. --Bob

LGAFF
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
When you call in to Callaway cars they get your info and log you as the new owner, as well as put down any notes about changes or issues with the car. Pretty cool, I talked with Reeves and he pulled my car history up on his I-Phone including seeing me as the new owner, etc

alnukem
02-21-2014, 03:26 AM
I would think this would be a winner. I bet a lot of information is lost when a non-technical buyer, buys a car because it has "x" amount of HP. I remember seeing a database that had performance & mods here, I do not if it's still around.

USAZR1
02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
I think this is a fine idea but I would like to see it as part of a larger, Shelby-like registry with as much description and history as possible (in a defined space) on the cars, including things like VINs of totaled or resurrected cars, info on prototypes etc. Think how helpful it would be to both buyers and sellers to say "listed in the ZR-1 Registry". I think it would be a manageable undertaking even though there were so many made, since only a thousand or two have active members like us. Anyway, just an idea. --Bob

That's a great idea,Bob.

DaveK
02-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Good idea, but it should be maintained within the registry in my opinion. If you use external sites like surveymonkey they own your data and can do what they want with it. It would be relatively easy to extend the current vehicle registration system to include such info.

Dave

WARP TEN
02-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Good idea, but it should be maintained within the registry in my opinion. If you use external sites like surveymonkey they own your data and can do what they want with it. It would be relatively easy to extend the current vehicle registration system to include such info. Dave

I agree--let's keep it internal. --Bob

LGAFF
02-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Survey Monkey is just an info gathering tool.....would allow people to enter it on their own, versus depending on someone else to enter it all. The info them put into Excel and back into the registry website

Dave can you allow people to type in their own info?

I will also add that Survey Monkey is very secure and does not share data. You could actually clear all data once collected

DaveK
02-22-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm no longer the webmaster so it would be up to the board. If they want to add this then I'm happy to do so. Yes, it would be up to each member to add the information.

Thanks

Dave

DaveK
02-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Actually I've just found that the registry board took it on themselves to delete all the files in my personal dropbox account without even bothering to notify me. This includes files that I developed and are my own personal property. As such I retract any idea of helping the board with anything.

WARP TEN
02-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Actually I've just found that the registry board took it on themselves to delete all the files in my personal dropbox account without even bothering to notify me. This includes files that I developed and are my own personal property. As such I retract any idea of helping the board with anything.

Here we go again with the board. Sorry that happened Dave. You have been such a strong supporter of the Registry. --Bob

Kevin
02-24-2014, 06:23 PM

why would you use your personal dropbox for club business?

LGAFF
02-24-2014, 06:27 PM
I am going to call shenanigans; lets keep the thread on task.....performance registry:nono:

XfireZ51
02-24-2014, 06:56 PM
I am going to call shenanigans; lets keep the thread on task.....performance registry:nono:

Agreed Lee. Please let's stick to the thread and respect the OPs original intent. Any issue involving the board should be directed to board members