PDA

View Full Version : NE Group Mid Winter GTG 3/9/14 tentative plan

Mystic ZR-1
02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Hope things are well with everyone, the winter's been crappy so far!

Chili's worked out pretty well the last 2 times, so I thought we'd try again. We're open to suggestions before we etch this one in stone, see below. What do you guys think?

Tentative Plan:
The Northeast ZR-1 group (BONE?) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also plan some "local" 2014 events.
:cheers:
Sunday, March 9 @ 12 noon at the Chili's restaurant (near Bradley airport) 1035 Kennedy Rd, Windsor CT 06095

From North: RT91, exit 40, RT20 toward airport, 1st exit, Old Country/Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on your right about a quarter mile
From South: RT91, exit 39, Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on the left just after going under hi-way overpass

It's easy to find and the food's not too bad. Meeting at noon should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the the NE Group.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...

Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested. Noobies are especially encouraged! Meet the rest of the inmates in the NE asylum! We had some great events last year! This year will be even better! Unfortunately, there's no Lime Rock ALMS race and Corvette Corral in July this year :( so we'll have to come up with something else to fill the void.

Please post up, PM or call with any ideas, suggestions or ? Once we have a plan in place, hopefully in a week or so, I'll be asking the Registry "management" to send out an invitation "blast" to everyone in the NJ, NY and Northeast areas (thanks Dave J!). At some point maybe a week or so before the GTG, I'll ask for an RSVP so I can make the reservation at the restaurant. The last couple of years we've had about 12-15 people show up!
Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923

PS: Give some thought to Mountain Run 2 and BG in May!!!

efnfast
02-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I'm in. -Steve

BigJohn
02-09-2014, 09:51 AM
OK!

Mystic ZR-1
02-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Anybody home out there?

andersra
02-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, it's looking like I can't make it. Sorry. I do plan to be a little more active this year if all goes well.

FU
02-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks' but too far for me this time of year Doug.

efnfast
02-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Doug, I sent Bob Lyle an e-mail.

Mystic ZR-1
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM
OK guys... the snow will be gone soon! 3/9 GTG?
Time to start thinking ZR-1!!!
Mtn Run 2?

efnfast
02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Just me, you, and Big John?

Mystic ZR-1
02-26-2014, 11:18 AM
ZR-1 Net Registry North East Group Get Together Sunday March 9th

OK guys, were starting to get close and we haven't heard a whole lot out of you! I know the Winter's been crappy but it's almost over so let's get out of our Winter funk and get ready for the upcoming season!

Chili's worked out pretty well the last 2 times, so I thought we'd try again. We're open to suggestions before we etch this one in stone, see below.

What do you guys think? If March 9 is too early, we can reschedule?

Tentative Plan:

The Northeast ZR-1 group (BONE?) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also plan some "local" 2014 events.
:cheers:
Sunday, March 9 @ 12 noon at the Chili's restaurant (near Bradley airport) 1035 Kennedy Rd, Windsor CT 06095

From North: RT91, exit 40, RT20 toward airport, 1st exit, Old Country/Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on your right about a quarter mile
From South: RT91, exit 39, Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on the left just after going under hi-way overpass

It's easy to find and the food's not too bad. Meeting at noon should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the the NE Group.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...

Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested. Noobies are especially encouraged! Meet the rest of the inmates in the NE asylum! We had some great events last year! This year will be even better! Unfortunately, there's no Lime Rock ALMS race and Corvette Corral in July this year :( so we'll have to come up with something else to fill the void.

Please post up on the Forum, email or call with any ideas, suggestions or ?

The last couple of years we've had about 12-15 people show up!

Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923

PS: Give some thought to Mountain Run 2 and BG in May!!!

BigJohn
02-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Big Snow's Coming Boy!!!!!

Mystic ZR-1
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Big Snow's Coming Boy!!!!!

You just wanna go play with your plow truck...

Chedberg
02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Roads should be clear by the 9th

Unfortunately, there's no Lime Rock ALMS race and Corvette Corral in July this year :( so we'll have to come up with something else to fill the void.

They are going to Watkin's Glen (http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2014/Sahlens-Six-Hours-of-The-Glen.aspx) at the end of June? Unfortunately they scheduled the VIR race the same weekend as Carlisle :-x.

Mystic ZR-1
03-01-2014, 03:29 PM
We've got 9 RSVPs so far!!! :handshak:
This Winter has really sucked but the
long range weather for next weekend looks good!
What better way to shake off those Winter doldrums,
then to get together with like minded residents of the asylum!

Think about Mountain Run 2 & BG. You only go this
way once...:)

scubasteve
03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
ill be there!

Mystic ZR-1
03-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Looks like we've got 12 RSVPs so far!
Don't forget to "Spring foward" Saturday nite...
Remember when changing the clocks ahead meant Spring was here?
12 degrees earlier this am here in the Miami of New England...

Bob Lyle
03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi
I cannot make it.
I will try for the next time.
Enjoy
Bob

Bob Lyle
03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
:Eagle:Doug, I sent Bob Lyle an e-mail.

Hi
I cannot make it.
I will try for next Time.
Steve thanks for emailing me.
Enjoy.
Bob

efnfast
03-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Bummer Bob.

louispf
03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
:fahne: Doug, Tom and I will be there. Maybe a few minutes late but we will be there. Lou

batchman
03-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I can't make it but do any of you guys heat with pellets? Since they seem to have run out everywhere, and I have more than enough, maybe we could talk Steve into a mission of mercy and bring you guys down a batch. Assuming he's not taking the ZR-1 anyway!

LMK me if in need.

Cheers,
- Jeff

scubasteve
03-07-2014, 10:19 PM
sorry guys, cant make it out, had some work stuff come up. duty calls and all that. have a great time out there and be safe if anyone brings out the zr-1

Mystic ZR-1
03-08-2014, 02:17 PM
OK guys, tomorrow's the day! The weather looks good
and what else have you got to do?

Tom Tom's coming out of hibernation! ;)

Just found a ZR-1 in my garage! Wasn't sure
what was under that cover that's been on since
November... Unfortunately, won't be driving it tomorrow, snow
and crappy roads are still around:cry:

efnfast
03-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Guys, don't forget we changed the clocks last night.

Mystic ZR-1
03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Great turnout!
We had 9 members of the Brotherhood show up!
2 even arrived in a Corvette! Not a Z but a nice C6.
After all, it's still Winter around here...
ZR-1s were the topic of the day, Chili's food was edible
and plans were made for the next GTG in June. There's a
rumor afoot that Big John can get us a insiders tour at
Callaway for our next GTG! :)
A raffle was held which resulted in a generous donation
to the Wounded Warriors Project (sent the check out this AM)
c/o "ZR-1 Net Registry Northeast Group"
THANKS GUYS!!!!!! :saluting:
Spring will be here soon, hang in there!!!

Think Mtn Run 2 and BG...

andersra
03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. please keep us posted for June.

Mystic ZR-1
03-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Don't worry, you're in the loop!
See you soon.

EVILTWINS
03-27-2014, 02:34 AM
Sorry couldn't make it. Was out of the country

Is there A Northeat Group going to the gathering in may ??

EVILTWINS
03-27-2014, 02:54 AM
BTW. If any of you are speed freaks. The Loring Timing Assn has established a Super Car class with speed limits of 175 mph in the mile w/o a lot of the safety add on that kill the resale of a vehicle

I'm planning to go to the Aug 30/31 event. Not sure what car(s) I'm going to bring but it would be cool to have a bunch of zr-1 there.

Note it's up by the Canadian border at an old B52 base. Track is 14000 ft long

Near Caribou Maine

It's about an 8 hr trip from Dublin nh pulling a trailer which I would recommend doing. (pulling a trailer) There are guys from all over the world.

If there is any interest let me know

Google. Lta-lsr for the web site. For rule book and such

Mystic ZR-1
03-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry couldn't make it. Was out of the country

Is there A Northeat Group going to the gathering in may ??

We're gonna try and set one up for June.
We'll keep you in the loop.
D