PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

DaveK
01-24-2014, 11:49 AM
To the ZR-1 Net Registry members.

It is with deep regret that I have to announce that I resigned as both vice president and webmaster two weeks ago.

As many of you know, I have spent thousands of hours working on behalf of the club and I can't in good conscience do that anymore. I will continue to act as a technical resource and work to smooth the transition to whoever takes over these duties.

I wish the club and directors every success into the future.

Dave Kelly

efnfast
01-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Bummer, what a loss for the forum.
Thanks for everything you did.
These volunteer positions can be taxing.
My water well association is voting in new officers tonight. Don't go to the bathroom, when you get back, you'll be king of something.

WARP TEN
01-24-2014, 12:11 PM
To the ZR-1 Net Registry members.

It is with deep regret that I have to announce that I resigned as both vice president and webmaster two weeks ago. As many of you know, I have spent thousands of hours working on behalf of the club and I can't in good conscience do that anymore. I will continue to act as a technical resource and work to smooth the transition to whoever takes over these duties. I wish the club and directors every success into the future.
Dave Kelly

Sorry to hear that Dave but thank you for all you have done. You have been a great asset to the Registry. I hope you will otherwise stay involved as a member. Will we stilll see you in BG? --Bob

tf95ZR1
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
I am very sorry to hear this also. I hope everything is OK.
I appreciate all you have done for us and the registry.
It was great meeting you and your wife in BG.

FU
01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Your work has not gone unnoticed Dave. I applaud your efforts and hope to see you and Hillary at BG again this year :handshak:

scottfab
01-24-2014, 04:09 PM
So very sorry to hear that Dave.
http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/Canada_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

RyanChappel
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
I sit on the BOD of a non-profit which provides therapy for developmentally disabled children and veterans......there aren't enough hours in the day....

Good luck and Godspeed!

We Gone
01-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Sorry to see you step down Dave, sometimes life just gets to busy to do it all. Hope to meet you at BG this year.

LGAFF
01-24-2014, 07:48 PM
thanks for all of your hard work!

Racinfan83
01-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Thank you for helping to make the site what it is - THE resource for ZR-1 info!
And I appreciate the help with my account the other day as well! :cheers:

carter200
01-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Dave,
You have done a great job and will be missed. Thanks for all your support...............:cheers:

A26B
01-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Dave,
You have moved the Registry website into the modern era with a well organized and refreshing look. My sincere thanks for all that you have done and profoundly hope that you will be able to continue to be affiliated with the Registry and lend a hand when needed. Your capabilities are exceptional and of extraordinary value to us.

WB9MCW
01-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Dave,
You have moved the Registry website into the modern era with a well organized and refreshing look. My sincere thanks for all that you have done and profoundly hope that you will be able to continue to be affiliated with the Registry and lend a hand when needed. Your capabilities are exceptional and of extraordinary value to us.

ditto thanks Dave for all you did

John Boothby
01-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!:handshak:

DaveK
01-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone

I'm not leaving the club or involvement with the ZR-1. I love my car and would never part with it, it's a huge part of my life (my wife says I love the car more than her - which isn't true... maybe 50:50 :) ). I'll continue to act as a technical resource for the club as long as they need it, just not at the level I've done previously.

I may not make it to BG this year for completely unrelated reasons. My brother is planning to visit from England and that will take up all of my vacation for this year (if he comes at a suitable time I may take him on a road trip though ;) ). I will certainly be attending the Gathering in 2015 (25th anniversary!!!!) and plan to do Carlisle at some point, so I'll definitely see everyone somewhere down the line.

If anyone has experience of web development and wants to help I'm sure the BOD would appreciate you getting in touch.

Thanks

Dave

Hog
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks Dave. Best wishes to you and your family.

ZZZZZR1
01-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I've been working with Dave on the website for two years now and It's hard to put into words just how much he has done for the club during that time. Not just from a technical perspective but also by contributing to the HOTB, the organization of the club and improving our ability to communicate with our members.

Dave is the kind of person who will always give you a straight answer, no matter what the question is. Sometimes people misunderstand that direct approach and don't fully appreciate the true benefit of his advice or how much thought he has put into it. I also know that Dave, being the kind of guy he is will always give that advice if we ask for it and will always be there if we need him to be, regardless of whether he has an "official" position or not.

Dave, thank you for everything you have done for us and our club. You're the kind of person that helps make our community great - don't ever think of leaving us buddy!

:cheers:

David

DaveK
01-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone. Actually I just talked with my brother and he's booked to come over around the time Carlisle is on so I'm planning to take him on a road trip there. :)

Dave

ZR1North
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I am behind on news, Dave, but I wanted to add my thanks for all you've done and continue to do. As Jerry said, you've brought us into modern times with your work. Hope to see you at an event in '14.

Rex Ruby
01-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the massive man hours you put into the web site and other areas!
Hope things are well.

ghlkal
01-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to the community, Dave.

Fully Vetted
02-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Dave, the site is in much better shape now than when you started and for that we all owe you immense appreciation. It's time for you to enjoy the fruits of your labor from a different perspective now. You've done your duty, you've done your time. Grab a cold one and hopefully do more driving with the all the hours of your life you just reclaimed! Enjoy, Brother. And thanks a million times over...

ZRapid-1
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Appreciate what you have done for the ZR-1 community.