View Full Version : Blackhawk Car's and Coffee

Coupe89
12-03-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/images/carsncoffee_banner.jpg
Blackhawk Museum • 3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle • Danville, CA 94506

Coupe89
12-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I was in attendance:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r270/1459136_435905069844177_2077519332_n.jpg

Didn't meet the person who owned this one.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1455151_435905203177497_951981662_n.jpg

Maybe next time we can park all together. :-D
Total of 3 LT5's

Z51JEFF
07-07-2014, 02:02 AM
If the black car is a 91,grey interior and #644,the guy doesnt seem too interested in talking ZR-1s.Meet the guy a few months ago.If we could get Dave from Santa Cruz,you and myself that would work.

wcvette
07-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I will try and make this one. I haven't been able to do much "Vettin" this year.
Bill
90 ZR-1

Hog
07-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Boy do those LT5's ever stick out in a crowd, in a good way. An attractive intake runner arrangement that actually uses metal.
One of the last, if not the last GM product that has actual underhood eye-candy from the factory.

Coupe89
08-01-2014, 10:52 PM
See ya on Sunday

HAWAIIZR-1
08-02-2014, 09:59 AM
See ya on Sunday

Hey Todd,

I'll see you there. I need a break and gotta see the local area. Since I moved here it has just been work, work, work. Curious to see the museum too. I don't know if I will drive the Lightning or ride the Harley until I can ship the Z here. If just me, I'm come with the bike as I need to break it in anyway so I can ride Cali speeds soon. It seems no one here drives less than 75 MPH.......:cheers:

HAWAIIZR-1
08-03-2014, 07:02 PM
So who was there today? I saw two Zs there, one license plate was BLED4IT (White) and the other was USA1LT5 (Black) but I could not find the owners. That was the biggest Cars and Coffee I have ever been to and it was awesome with a lot of nice cars. Free pass to Blackhawk Automotive Museum were bring given out but I did not have a chance to see it this time. A lot of new Stingrays there and realized I don't like those cars at all despite what awesome machines they are. Take care and hope to catch up to other Z owners in the area one day.

Aloha, Craig

Z51JEFF
08-03-2014, 08:21 PM
So who was there today? I saw two Zs there, one license plate was BLED4IT (White) and the other was USA1LT5 (Black) but I could not find the owners. That was the biggest Cars and Coffee I have ever been to and it was awesome with a lot of nice cars. Free pass to Blackhawk Automotive Museum were bring given out but I did not have a chance to see it this time. A lot of new Stingrays there and realized I don't like those cars at all despite what awesome machines they are. Take care and hope to catch up to other Z owners in the area one day.

Aloha, Craig

Hey Craig,BLED4IT was mine.I sent you a message a few days ago with my phone number,maybe you didn't get it.When I was leaving I saw a black 94-95 pulling out of the parking lot,would have liked to have checked it out but didn't see it until too late.There is a black 91 that shows up but the guy doesn't seem too interested in talking much so I dont bother.Next month Im driving my Nova but when you get your car over here give me a call and if this is still going on we will have to get 2 Zs together.When you get a chance you need to check out the museum,it is world class right up there with some of the finest museums in the world.

Coupe89
08-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Mine was next to the black Z
This was small showing....

HAWAIIZR-1
08-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Hey Craig,BLED4IT was mine.I sent you a message a few days ago with my phone number,maybe you didn't get it.When I was leaving I saw a black 94-95 pulling out of the parking lot,would have liked to have checked it out but didn't see it until too late.There is a black 91 that shows up but the guy doesn't seem too interested in talking much so I dont bother.Next month Im driving my Nova but when you get your car over here give me a call and if this is still going on we will have to get 2 Zs together.When you get a chance you need to check out the museum,it is world class right up there with some of the finest museums in the world.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry, I did not get your message and number (thanks for trying). Yeah, I guess a lot of folks are not going to be hanging around their cars. I did not even notice what year the black one was parked on the far side, but it did have a LT5 head since in the back cargo area. I would love to see your Nova too. I have not set a date yet to go back to Hawaii to ship the Z, but will do that (I hope I can get it to pass SMOG and registered.....). Yes, the museum looks first rate from photos I have seen and I think there are some rich folks around the area that are all members and funding it. I'll be sure to make contact next time to connect. :cheers:

Z51JEFF
08-03-2014, 11:52 PM

I was there,had every intention of going,people here knew I was taking my car but not one person got in touch asking to meet up.Ive been trying for years to get some cars together for a nice display of ZR-1s but nobody seems interested so Im done,wont waste my time on this again.I know of at least 10 ZR-1s within a 50 mile radius of me but people just dont seem to be interested.

HAWAIIZR-1
08-03-2014, 11:53 PM

Sorry I missed you (not sure how?...did I miss a row or two?). When I saw the black one it was on the far end by where I parked my Lightning on my way out. I did see a black one parked in the main area when driving in, but it was not there by the time I got around after eating breakfast and making rounds. I'll have to get phone numbers next time so we can actually meet; I left at 10AM.

Wow, if that was a small showing I can't wait to go again. I guess for a small time island boy like me that was huge and we don't have that size of events in Hawaii. There were some really nice rides.:cheers:

Z51JEFF
08-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Yes, the museum looks first rate from photos I have seen and I think there are some rich folks around the area that are all members and funding it. I'll be sure to make contact next time to connect. :cheers:

Yep,Danville is a rich community to say the least.It was built a developer I think and was then donated to the City of Danville.The cars are only one section,in another section there is artwork and other displays.When it comes to passing smog,get in touch with me and Ill help you do the smog mambo,I do it everytime I have to smog my car and know a few tricks,Jeff.

HAWAIIZR-1
08-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Yep,Danville is a rich community to say the least.It was built a developer I think and was then donated to the City of Danville.The cars are only one section,in another section there is artwork and other displays.When it comes to passing smog,get in touch with me and Ill help you do the smog mambo,I do it everytime I have to smog my car and know a few tricks,Jeff.

I heard about Danville and Blackhawk area and my first time going there today. It is obvious by the Plaza it is surely upscale and a very nice place to hang out. Thanks for sharing the background. I gotta take the time to see the museum.

I think my downfall about the smog might be those Stage I cams; I really need a good tuner and don't feel I'm capable to do it myself. Thanks for the offer and I'm all ears so please do share when I get ready.

Please don't give up on a Z gathering for the local area as it would be cool to get a few together and represent. I was never successful in Hawaii either and never got together with even one other and they were quite a few on the island I found out. :cheers:

Coupe89
08-04-2014, 12:23 AM
It was in the lower parking lot. That's were I park.
Didn't stand my car too much.

Wanted to talk and see the other cars....

HAWAIIZR-1
08-04-2014, 12:27 AM
It was in the lower parking lot. That's were I park.
Didn't stand my car too much.

Wanted to talk and see the other cars....

Got it and I understand as I'm the same way. Do a lot of the same cars show up month after month or do you notice a good variety?

Coupe89
08-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Its taken off... Feb they had over 500 cars in Feb

Some of the same cars show up month after month.
Passed events there were a lot more Lotus's, Lamborghini's and Ferrari's
I've seen a BMW M1 at the event....

HAWAIIZR-1
08-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Its taken off... Feb they had over 500 cars in Feb

Some of the same cars show up month after month.
Passed events there were a lot more Lotus's, Lamborghini's and Ferrari's
I've seen a BMW M1 at the event....

Wow, I'll be back. My small town has a cruise night and I have not checked it out yet, but will soon....https://www.facebook.com/PleasantHillCruiseNights

They have an American Iron car show this weekend so I'll be checking that out. Only pre 80s cars though so I'll never be able to enter unless I add a muscle car or two to the stable: http://www.shopdowntownpleasanthill.com/events/

:cheers:

tf95ZR1
08-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Ive been trying for years to get some cars together for a nice display of ZR-1s but nobody seems interested so Im done,wont waste my time on this again.I know of at least 10 ZR-1s within a 50 mile radius of me but people just dont seem to be interested.

Same thing here down south. Frustrating that response is so poor. I always thought that if we had
a big name tuner here, or major car event, we could get something going. But we can't seem to interest
a big group of Z owners. Common complaints are: Waxers vrs. racers, full schedule vrs leisure, "Too Far",
"Bad Time', "I have to wash my hair". But always excuses. If we could just get a "tradition" going
where Z owners knew other Z's were going to show up we might get some momentum going.

HAWAIIZR-1
08-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Hey Ted,

I hear you and why I was so impressed with the WAZOO when I had a trip to the Pentagon some years ago. Those guys had a dozen Zs from several states meet just to hang out. They meet regularly and help each other out working on other members' cars. I hope to meet up with some folks in Cali. I hope to meet up with you too even if you are about 5 hours away. :handshak:

Coupe89
08-05-2014, 01:25 AM
The idea for all the Z's to park together.
My suggestion next time. In the red circle. Or some with in the area.:-D

HAWAIIZR-1
08-05-2014, 09:00 AM

Ha, ha. I believe that is where I was parked if my sense of direction is correct. I guess this was a small turn out as you mention since mostly regular cars were in that area like an overflow lot. Not sure if this is year round or not, but I hope to ship my Z next month.

Scrrem
08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Ok Craig, I guess I have been asleep at the switch. When did you relocate to the main land?
Rich

HAWAIIZR-1
08-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Ok Craig, I guess I have been asleep at the switch. When did you relocate to the main land?
Rich

Howzit Rich! Well, long story short I returned to Hawaii and shortly after given notice to find a job in 90 days. Fortunately I had applied for a job in Concord, CA as a joke while I was in Japan. Well, the joke turned out to be a job offer 2 days after I received the notice of no job. So here I am and was in 6 hotels from the time I left Japan, moved to Hawaii, moved to Cali and settled into my new home 5 1/2 months later (my longest time living in hotels in my life). All is good now though and love it here. Funny to hear you mention the "mainland" as we call it back home. Not sure when we can have another beer at Aloha Tower Marketplace. If works brings you here let's have one here or if my work takes me to D.C. area I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks and take care. Aloha, Craig:handshak:

Z51JEFF
08-06-2014, 11:03 PM

The parking lot you want is above the one you have here.Next time Im driving thishttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/FLYTYM/DSCN1551_zpsf77d7eb1.jpg

HAWAIIZR-1
08-06-2014, 11:14 PM
The parking lot you want is above the one you have here.Next time Im driving thishttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/FLYTYM/DSCN1551_zpsf77d7eb1.jpg

Can't wait to see the Nova.......SWEET!

Z51JEFF
08-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Craig,any time frame for when your cars going to get here?Smog in the state is getting tougher to pass,might want to get in touch with Mr.Hai**** and see if he can help with those cams.

HAWAIIZR-1
08-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Craig,any time frame for when your cars going to get here?Smog in the state is getting tougher to pass,might want to get in touch with Mr.Hai**** and see if he can help with those cams.

Right after this big mission we have a work I will go home in early Sep to ship the car so hopefully by mid Sep or before the end of Sep for sure. Two hurricanes heading to the islands this week so hopefully the Z will fare well with no garage protection. I have been in touch with him a few years ago when trying to pass for Japan so I have a performance and detuned emissions chip. I still have the stock manifolds/cats on but have to run down a leak of air to right side O2 sensor. I love the sound and performance of the cams, but not the hassles. Thanks for your thoughts!:handshak:

Coupe89
09-06-2014, 07:21 PM
See ya on Sunday.

HAWAIIZR-1
09-06-2014, 07:30 PM
See ya on Sunday.
I hope to see you guys on the next one; in Hawaii now working on the Z to take to the port on Monday. Not running right but enough to drive to ports and home. See ya!

Coupe89
02-25-2015, 12:50 PM
I see there is interest. Going to this event this month (March 1st, 2015)
Do we all want to meet up some where? Or just show up at the event?

Z51JEFF
02-25-2015, 01:09 PM
I see there is interest. Going to this event this month (March 1st, 2015)
Do we all want to meet up some where? Or just show up at the event?

I'll be there in my Nova this time around.

HAWAIIZR-1
02-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, timing is not so good and I will try my best to make it. I don't have a ZR-1 to take over there and either the bike or the truck. I would like to see the Nova as well as meet up with some ZR-1 guys. I can't make any promises as of right now. Thanks!

HAWAIIZR-1
02-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry, I won't be making it this weekend. The good news is I will be purchasing a Black/Black 1995 and the reason why I can't make it. I'll catch you at the next one with this new ZR-1 instead. I gotta meet the Z guys with the Z and not the same on the Harley or in the Lightning.

Take care,

Craig

Z51JEFF
02-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry, I won't be making it this weekend. The good news is I will be purchasing a Black/Black 1995 and the reason why I can't make it. I'll catch you at the next one with this new ZR-1 instead. I gotta meet the Z guys with the Z and not the same on the Harley or in the Lightning.

Take care,

Craig

I'll be there next month in my Z for sure.

HAWAIIZR-1
02-28-2015, 01:24 AM
I'll be there next month in my Z for sure.

Okay, cool! I see there will be a Corvette show/display in April too by a local club.

Z51JEFF
02-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Okay, cool! I see there will be a Corvette show/display in April too by a local club.

That's perfect,I'll have the wheels on my car by then. I think it would be great to get some cars together. How many want to commit to show up?What club is doing this?

HAWAIIZR-1
02-28-2015, 12:05 PM
That's perfect,I'll have the wheels on my car by then. I think it would be great to get some cars together. How many want to commit to show up?What club is doing this?

Wow, what kind of wheels are you doing?

The Northern California Corvette Association is hosting the event on the 24th:

http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/calendar.html

Not sure I can 100% to April 5th if I am going to do this Corvette event and would like to attend both if possible.

Z51JEFF
02-28-2015, 12:35 PM

Not sure I can 100% to April 5th if I am going to do this Corvette event and would like to attend both if possible.

I'm going with HREs,waaaaaaaaay too much money but,the car deserves it.

Z51JEFF
02-28-2015, 12:37 PM

I'm going with HREs. Waaaaaaay too much money but the car deserves it. I'm going to check into putting my car in this show,anybody else?

HAWAIIZR-1
02-28-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm going with HREs,waaaaaaaaay too much money but,the car deserves it.

Wow, excellent choice. You are going with the best in my opinion. I have owned two sets of HREs a long time ago and that is like fine jewelry; like the Rolex of wheels. Can't wait to see them.

Z51JEFF
03-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Hey Guys,

Take care,

Craig

Hey Craig,did that new Z show up?

HAWAIIZR-1
03-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Hey Craig,did that new Z show up?

Yes, as a matter of fact ended up picking it up last Thursday and DMV on Friday so good to go now. I was thinking about joining the Corvette show, but maybe another time and will shoot for Apr Cars n Coffee. Did you get those new wheels yet? Can't wait to see them. I still have to swap out and sell the extra black chrome A-molds and tires. Too friggin busy so have not been able to do anything to the new Z yet.

Z51JEFF
03-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Anybody else want to join us on the 1st?

HAWAIIZR-1
03-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Anybody else want to join us on the 1st?

Howzit Jeff,

In communication with Coupe89 (Todd) and Okiedoke (Harry), it seems there might be 5 of us so far. Both mentioned Glkuntz (Gary) is also a regular there and should be attending.

I'm not sure if that is it and how many of the NORCAL ZR-1 will see this post. Maybe post up in the General forum?

:cheers:

HAWAIIZR-1
03-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Hey guys,

Started another thread in general discussion:

http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?p=222427&posted=1#post222427

Hopefully Bob (tpr60) will be able to make it and join us.

Craig

Z51JEFF
03-22-2015, 04:31 PM
I'll try and get in touch with 3 other Zs that I know are in the area.

HAWAIIZR-1
03-22-2015, 04:54 PM
I'll try and get in touch with 3 other Zs that I know are in the area.

Okay, thanks. How are the rims coming along?

Z51JEFF
03-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Okay, thanks. How are the rims coming along?

Hey Craig. I should get them in about 2 weeks. I'm having a hard time deciding on either a 275 or 285 tire on the front. So far it's looking like the 275. You going to be around for that Corvette show on the April 26? I'm thinking about putting my car in it, not for the judging, been through that garbage. Get the Z out there and remind people that the King is still alive and well.

HAWAIIZR-1
03-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Hey Craig. I should get them in about 2 weeks. I'm having a hard time deciding on either a 275 or 285 tire on the front. So far it's looking like the 275. You going to be around for that Corvette show on the April 26? I'm thinking about putting my car in it, not for the judging, been through that garbage. Get the Z out there and remind people that the King is still alive and well.

I see, you probably won't have them mounted and all by the 5th. I have 275/35 on my 18" X 10" front (335/30 on the 12" rears) CCW so you'll see that on the 5th. I saw that you were looking for photos with 285s.

I was going to do the show but school is killing me and I can't afford to be there all day. The Cars and Coffee is only a few hours so I can make that sacrifice. Besides my 95 that I just bought need some detailing before I want to put it in a show. I might check the show out though. It would be cool if you could represent for the KOTH. Have you ever ran into the woman that is part of that club that has a ZR-1? I assume she will be showing her Z there.

Z51JEFF
03-22-2015, 05:43 PM
I might check the show out though. It would be cool if you could represent for the KOTH. Have you ever ran into the woman that is part of that club that has a ZR-1? I assume she will be showing her Z there.

There is a couple that have a Ruby Z that the wife races, I've meet them at a few Corvette shows over the years. Cars shows and judging,ain't for me,too much politics and BS. Done it once, never again. I wanted to go with a 10 on the front and a 12 on the rear but everybody kept telling me it wouldn't work even though I knew it would but just to be safe I'm going with a 9.5-18 and a 11.5-19. I've seen the tires, the 275 compared to the 285 is a big jump in height. I think the 285 is too tall so the 275 it is. The rear is a 325-30. I can't wait to see this on the car. Years ago I saw a white car with silver BBS RS wheels and that look is what I'm after. We will see.

HAWAIIZR-1
03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
There is a couple that have a Ruby Z that the wife races, I've meet them at a few Corvette shows over the years. Cars shows and judging,ain't for me,too much politics and BS. Done it once, never again. I wanted to go with a 10 on the front and a 12 on the rear but everybody kept telling me it wouldn't work even though I knew it would but just to be safe I'm going with a 9.5-18 and a 11.5-19. I've seen the tires, the 275 compared to the 285 is a big jump in height. I think the 285 is too tall so the 275 it is. The rear is a 325-30. I can't wait to see this on the car. Years ago I saw a white car with silver BBS RS wheels and that look is what I'm after. We will see.

I think you are right about the Ruby Z and I think that is the photo I remember with her standing by it. I agree with you about the shows and sometimes the clubs are social clubs only. I have had my 10s and 12s ever since I got my Z in 2003 and never had an issue with any clearance or otherwise, but nothing wrong with the set up you have and I'm sure it will look bitchin. Seems like a little over 1/3 inch taller and wider for the 285 depending on tire brand, etc. so I understand what you mean. Man, if I could get a set of BBS RS I would do so. Way back then I begged BBS to make it again for our offset and no luck. Can't wait to see those HREs on your car. Almost thought about putting my black Dymag Gen II with red pin stripe on, but will run the CCWs for a little while. Seems like too much black, but will try them on later. Will definitely run them a Laguna Seca in May since they have the Nitto NT05s on them. See you in a few weeks; can't wait to meet the NorCal group.

tpr60
03-22-2015, 11:59 PM
The lady you talk about is Mim Peterson from Santa Clara Corvettes, she now autocross a c4 with a tune port on slicks. The zr1 is for driving and shows now.

HAWAIIZR-1
03-23-2015, 12:36 AM
The lady you talk about is Mim Peterson from Santa Clara Corvettes, she now autocross a c4 with a tune port on slicks. The zr1 is for driving and shows now.

Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea she was from California. I met her at one of the Gatherings (2010, I think) and she is on the Registry at times too.

Okiedoke
03-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Howzit Jeff,

In communication with Coupe89 (Todd) and Okiedoke (Harry), it seems there might be 5 of us so far. Both mentioned Glkuntz (Gary) is also a regular there and should be attending

Glkuntz (Gary) confirmed he will be attending.

HAWAIIZR-1
03-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Glkuntz (Gary) confirmed he will be attending.

Thanks Harry! It sounds great and we'll have our own Mini Gathering in a few weeks. :cheers:

Z51JEFF
04-04-2015, 09:17 PM
It looks like this is going to get rained out. If everybody can push this back to the May event that would work. I'll be there.

HAWAIIZR-1
04-04-2015, 10:04 PM
I was hoping the weather was going to change, but I'm out too and will see you folks in May. :cheers: