PDA

View Full Version : What kind of deduction for corsa exhaust?

Z06scentair
11-23-2013, 02:25 PM
wwjd

taximan
11-24-2013, 11:12 AM
exhaust is a big hit. I would say around 35-40 points on Chasis

shifter about 10 points

everyone has a non original battery. - 5 points if its a Delco

I would go for it. And definitely drive the car there. thats worth an entire point on gross score- thats 45 points. That could get you from a 93 to top flight at 94.

Z06scentair
11-24-2013, 11:24 AM
So if I put the stock exhaust on then I'm ready!

taximan
11-24-2013, 11:28 AM
So if I put the stock exhaust on then I'm ready!

It sounds like it. I would recommend getting the NCRS 1994-96 judging manual from the NCRS website.

I think you will be glad you did. You learn a lot about your car, plus as each year goes by, that top flight certificate will be worth more when you sell.

Kevin
11-24-2013, 11:30 AM
doesn't the certificate stay with the owner and not the car?

Z06scentair
11-24-2013, 11:32 AM
It sounds like it. I would recommend getting the NCRS 1994-96 judging manual from the NCRS website.

I think you will be glad you did. You learn a lot about your car, plus as each year goes by, that top flight certificate will be worth more when you sell.

The car is a 1990 and I purchased the book for 90-91 and have been through it with a fine tooth comb.

I will be at the mecum and NCRS in Kissimmee in January would love to chat if your going to be there.

taximan
11-24-2013, 02:08 PM
The car is a 1990 and I purchased the book for 90-91 and have been through it with a fine tooth comb.

I will be at the mecum and NCRS in Kissimmee in January would love to chat if your going to be there.

I will definitely be there. Would love to chat. If you havent been to a judging meet, thats a good one to observe.

jrd1990zr1
03-17-2014, 05:16 PM

The flight certificate is for the car in the name of the owner who presents it for judging. The information is entered into the NCRS database and if a prospective owner wants to pay for the information about a car, for a fee the information is provided.

If ownership of the car changes the new owner would have to have the car judged in the new owners name to claim it is a top flight car.

jrd1990zr1
03-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Just curious as to what deduction Im going to get hit for with Corsa exhaust, hurst shifter, and non- original battery

Everything else is right on and Im confident.

Is it worth it for me to get the car judged as is and then add stock parts?

Deductions for Exhaust:

6 pts originality, 4 condition for Exhaust manifold & Catalytic converters
10 pts originality, 10 condition for Exhaust pipe and resonator
5 pts originality, 5 condition for Clamps and Hanger brackets
12 pts originality, 12 condition for Mufflers and exhaust tips

total points 64

Deductions for Battery:

20 pts originality, 15 condition are available. If you have a new service replacement AC Delco battery the worst you should see for a deduction is 1/2 of the orginality points or 10. This is a standard deduction from the judging reference guide.

Deduction for Transmission shifter:

10 pts originality, 10 condition for Shifter & knob
5 pts originality, 5 condition for boot

total points 30

This info is from the 1990/1991 judging sheets Revised 8/2005. 99 point deduction from a total of 4510 is 2.2%. So if you drive to a meet 220 miles from your home you break even.

Kevin
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
The flight certificate is for the car in the name of the owner who presents it for judging. The information is entered into the NCRS database and if a prospective owner wants to pay for the information about a car, for a fee the information is provided.

If ownership of the car changes the new owner would have to have the car judged in the new owners name to claim it is a top flight car.

$$$$

scottfab
03-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Did this get answered? I am interested in the answer too.

Blue Flame Restorations
03-19-2014, 02:42 PM

Correct. The car still maintains it's Certificate in the NCRS database but the owner has the option of keeping the certificate or letting it go with the car.
I made a color copy and let it go with a 54 once. I kept the original.

Z06scentair
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Correct. The car still maintains it's Certificate in the NCRS database but the owner has the option of keeping the certificate or letting it go with the car.
I made a color copy and let it go with a 54 once. I kept the original.

From my understanding regardless once the car sells to a new owner, NCRS will not recognize the certificate.

Friend of mine owned the 95 that was used to write the Judging manual for 94-95 MY before he purchased the car. He called NCRS to get another certificate and they told him the car would have to be flight judged again. They did tell him details of his car however!:fahne: