PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

Chris H
09-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Cd player isnt working. I dont think the reciever is workin either, and becasue of this i cant even be sure if the speakers and amps are working(all bose 1991 ZR1) should i change it up and juat redo the whole system with newer tech or should i repair the old system. Part of the concern is money i dont wanna have to spend 2 grand on repairing an old system if i do put a new one in there for 600 what is good ie. infinity, bose again, boston anyone whos done something like this and has knowledge of what it would take please let me know. Thanks very much

RICHARD TILL
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
i spent $450 on mine about a year ago. repaired the radio, cdm box and replaced one amp. the bose system leaves a lot to be desired but i think cars look better with original equipment in them. i complained to the repairman about the poor recption i`ve allways gotten. its still poor in the fringe area that i live in.

GrayZ
09-13-2006, 11:48 PM
I have a after market head unit in my car..sony...alot better than the bose...
.a friend of mine ...installed
bose speakers and amps..from an suv...got a deal on em...canadian mike
so...he's a member here...look him up and pm him and he'll share his vast
knowledge with you...:mrgreen: remember to talk slow...to mike:sign10:

zr-1assassin
04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
change it!!! the bose original looks better but lets face it, they suck! or you could always put an aftermarket exhaust on and then you will never need to turn on the stereo again!:mrgreen:

Chris H
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh i have an aftermarket exhaust and love it haha thats why this is not a huge priorety but, this is my baby and i want it working prefectly thanks for all the replies so far
Chris

WB9MCW
04-06-2007, 07:04 PM
MY CD IS BROKEN SO I PLAY TAPES--NO BIGGIE SINCE I USUALLY LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE MOTOR ANYWAY