PDA

View Full Version : eBay C4; "Sales receipt only" (no title)...

Schrade
10-05-2013, 10:13 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILL-OF-SALE-ONLY-CAR-WAS-IN-STORAGE-FOR-ALMOST-21-MONTHS-AND-NO-PAYMENT-/290987431797?ViewItem=&item=290987431797&forcev4exp=true

1 owner vette - abandoned? Sounds strange. In fact, smells a might

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXw82y3QFb5ypK61WhlS4rsECu3CO7z UQI8j8zEBy-rjUrVc67jA

to me...
"
Anyway, I messaged the new 'owner', just to see what paper he might have - easy paper, to back up any claim.

Me, to Seller:
"Can you post up a copy of the Detailing receipt? Or scan and email it?"

Him, response to me:
What detailing reciept?? My brother owns a detailing shop! Exclusive auto in Brooklyn, and why a reciept?? That's funny"

Yep - somethin's funny alright...

Me, back to him:
"Yeah - I guess it is funny. Haha.

I like paper when I spend $7K, when claims are made by some sellers - like shop dyno printout sheets for horsepower / torque claims, or sales receipts for 'new' parts, or NY DMV letters, acknowledging, ' 1 Owner' abandoned Corvettes (now THAT'S funny ( or strange) ) lawful for sale, or maybe just Detail Shops' receipts for "HAD THE CAR FULLY DETAILED" - you know - stuff like that...

Sorry to bother you on it. Haha."

I don't expect to hear back.

Schrade
10-07-2013, 11:49 AM
He DID reply.

NOT ON EBAY TO LIE TO PEOPLE!! HOW I GOT THE CAR AND WHERE IT IS NOW IS THE TRUTH!! HOW I DETAILED THE CAR AND PRESENT THE CAR IS THE TRUTH....IF YOU DONT FEEL SECURE ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE THAN DONT BUY IT....ITS NOT FOR YOU.... SOMEBODY ELSE WILL BE THE LUCKY PERSON TO BUY IT...GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!

Took offense too. All I did was ask for paper...

And AutoChek in the listing really does say, '1 Owner'.

1 Owner vette - abandoned. THAT'S STRANGE................................

GOLDCYLON
10-07-2013, 11:58 AM
He DID reply.

Took offense too. All I did was ask for paper...

And AutoChek in the listing really does say, '1 Owner'.

1 Owner vette - abandoned. THAT'S STRANGE................................

The original owner is sleeping with the fishes ?

Schrade
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
The original owner is sleeping with the fishes ?

Hmm... could be.

But apart from that, I think it strange [fishy] that a 1-Owner vette gets abandoned. Even in the case of death of PO, there MUST be a relative...

mike100
10-11-2013, 08:56 PM
A shop is legitimately able to get a lien sale title. The owner is given 60 days to respond etc and if no contest- then the title is made up to the shop. Just sounds like he is trying to sell someone else's vette, even if they gave it up, the lien sale is the best way to go to get papers if u ask me.

Y-me
10-16-2013, 03:58 PM
6,650 for a 110k 94 with no title is not a deal.