PDA

View Full Version : Every year ZR-1 from 1970 to 2013 @ the Charlotte auto fair!

ZZZZZR1
09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Great show and a complete group of ZR-1 / ZR1's!!!!

Here is the info on the Fall Charlotte Auto Fair.

Charlotte AutoFair Fall Meet Sept 19-22, 2013 (Thursday to Sunday) includes the Hornets Nest Region Car Show on Saturday Sept 21, 2013.

Below is part of the email from the NCRS person about the ZR-1s & ZR1s.

This fall at the CMS Auto Fair the Corvette will be honored in the Showcase Pavilion for 60 years of excellence. In addition to the anniversary cars, CMS has chosen high performance models like the ZR-1 which were produced from 1970 to 1972, 1990 to 1995 and 2009 to 2013.

www.charlotte-autofair.com

Thanks to Arthur Pipek!!! Thanks for displaying your 1990 ZR-1 there

Anyone else displaying their car or planning to go?

:cheers:

David

rkreigh
09-11-2013, 07:04 AM
wow, this looks like fun. Charlotte is a bit of a hike, but this looks like a huge event.

I'm going to look into this more to see if I can head down, thanks for posting this!

MikeGolf
09-12-2013, 10:21 PM
I started the trouble there. They originally left the ZR-1 of the list and had a 2010 GS. I wrote an email complaining about them leaving the world's fastest Corvette off the list and gave the some background. Keep in mind this is run by NCRS people. Well the Speedway did contact me and said the were sorry for the over sight and the would remove the GS and asked if I would put my car in the display.
I was honored but I wrote them back and said me and my car really would get along with the NCRS guy because of the changes I've mad to the car. Just being honest. Well just like I thought sorry we are looking for a more stock car. Glad they could find Arthur's car!
I will be there Saturday and Sunday with my car on display with the Queen City Corvette Club. I'm an outsider there too, something about not driving your car over 120 mph or doing burn outs. Don't know. If you come by I'm the Black Rose ZR-1 parked right outside of the main display, say hi!
Jeff