PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter decals

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 10:16 PM
For a correct oil filter replacement for a 1991 ZR1 which way should the Delco label be facing. Mine is down. A 1990 owner said I should be able to read it without standing on my head. I was at Haibecks and we checked an old one he pulled off years ago and the label was down. Any info would be helpful before the Vette Show at McCormick.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 10:17 PM
As I recall they are upside down. In fact I just checked 4of them that I have and they are all upside down. Remember most cars have oil filter on the bottom of the engine so the label would be right. The people that make these oil filters probabaly don't know they are going on ZR-1's and the filters may also be used on other GM cars.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Out of 6 filters I have 5 with the label so you could read them with the filter on...The one that is upside down is in an old style box all the others came in a newer box.

A26B
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
There may be no absolute answer to this, but here is a photo of an original filter on a 90 model engine. I also have photos of the same filter on 91 & 92 model engines. "Demps" a member here, has also furnished a photo of a 95 model with the same filter. ALL of them read right side up with the filter installed.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z224/A26B/OilFilterPossCorrectOriginal.jpg

Pete
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Holy Cow Jerry, the post is almost 8 years old.

Pete

A26B
03-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I know. I was doing some research for a guy and it popped up. I think the archives are a great resources and this one needed some additional info to be useful & I couldn't help myself.

Wassup with you? Workin on David's engine yet?

Pete
03-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I know. I was doing some research for a guy and it popped up. I think the archives are a great resources and this one needed some additional info to be useful & I couldn't help myself.

Wassup with you? Workin on David's engine yet?

Finished the heads just waiting for Dave.

Pete