PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock Sunday 9/1 Gathering of the Marques

Mystic ZR-1
08-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Gathering of the Marques Sunday Sept 1

How about a turnout of ZR-1s so we can show them why the ZR-1's the most unique Corvette ever built???
:cheers:
Last year there was only one Vette with more than 1 cam...

It's amazing how the non-Corvette "car guys" you'll find at a place like Lime Rock know more about the ZR-1 than the average self proclaimed "Corvette expert" (poseurs...) you'll find at cruze nites and show & shines!

The Sunday in the Park Concours and Gathering of the Marques is on the Sunday -- this year, September 1 -- in between the two racing days of each year's Labor Day weekend Historic Festival. No other event in the U.S. combines a first-class concours with quality vintage competition all on the same property, all on the same weekend. Sunday in the Park is now recognized as a truly significant date on the collector-car calendar.

Gathering of the Marques is literally hundreds of cars lining the track, grouped by make, model or country of origin. You'll see huge displays of Shelbys and BMWs and Corvettes and Jaguars and MGs... Astons, Rolls and Loti... Porsches, Peugeots and Panteras... Volvos and Saabs, Minis, Mercurys, Mercedes and Mopars, Fiats and Lambos. If it's an interesting and fun car, you can be sure their owners find their way to Lime Rock Park to park right next to their brethren. In other words, if someone loves it, you can be sure it'll here.

Your car does not need to be a "show car"!!! (but it would be nice if ya washed it...) ;)

In addition, 2013 is a glorious year of motoring anniversary milestones: Buick and Aston Martin are 100; Cunningham and Corvette are 60, and McLaren is 50, as are the Porsche 911, and Lotus Elan. Historic festival 31 will honor these birthdays with special exhibit classes and on-track racing activities during the weekend.

Sunday is, of course, the fabulous Sunday in the Park Concours, where hundreds of superb entrants line Sam Posey Straight, from the Downhill to Big Bend. The Gathering of the Marques fills the remainder of Lime Rock's 1.5 miles with more than 800 additional cars brought by enthusiasts and club organizers.

We encourage you to come for the drive, the fun, and the spectacle of the event, where road truly meets track -- and where go combines perfectly with show.

See you there! http://limerockhistorics.com/marques/

efnfast
08-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I think I'm in Doug. Wake the post up shortly before if there's been no activity.

tomtom72
08-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Okay refresh my memory a bit. What time do you need to get there to be "displayed" on the back near the Esses? I'm only asking because if my Dad feels up to it I want to bring him with me. He came with me last year and got a big kick from the Concours Show. Obviously, we did not leave a Zero-dark-30.

Also, did any one buy tickets for the Corvette Corral that weekend?? I did.:o

Tom

BigJohn
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
What Corvette Corral??

tomtom72
08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
What Corvette Corral??

This one.....:o

http://tickets.limerock.com/default.asp?SearchText=Corvette+Corral&Go=Go

Tom

BigJohn
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
This one.....:o

http://tickets.limerock.com/default.asp?SearchText=Corvette+Corral&Go=Go

Tom

Cool!
But there are none listed for Sunday.

:neutral:

tomtom72
08-17-2013, 06:33 AM
I think the reason is that Lance Miller is only racing on that Monday? I'm not too sure about that, but I can't think of any other reason. Last two years they did not have a corvette corral on either Saturday or Monday sessions.

I bought the corral ticket anyway.

Tom

Mystic ZR-1
08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
[Q vvvvUOTE=Mystic ZR-1;180343]Gathering of the Marques Sunday Sept 1

How about a turnout of ZR-1s so we can show them why the ZR-1's the most unique Corvette ever built???

It's amazing how the non-Corvette "car guys" you'll find at a place like Lime Rock know more about the ZR-1 than the average self proclaimed "Corvette expert" (poseurs...) you'll find at cruze nites and show & shines!

The Sunday in the Park Concours and Gathering of the Marques is on the Sunday -- this year, September 1 -- in between the two racing days of each year's Labor Day weekend Historic Festival. No other event in the U.S. combines a first-class concours with quality vintage competition all on the same property, all on the same weekend. Sunday in the Park is now recognized as a truly significant date on the collector-car calendar.

Gathering of the Marques is literally hundreds of cars lining the track, grouped by make, model or country of origin. You'll see huge displays of Shelbys and BMWs and Corvettes and Jaguars and MGs... Astons, Rolls and Loti... Porsches, Peugeots and Panteras... Volvos and Saabs, Minis, Mercurys, Mercedes and Mopars, Fiats and Lambos. If it's an interesting and fun car, you can be sure their owners find their way to Lime Rock Park to park right next to their brethren. In other words, if someone loves it, you can be sure it'll here.

Your car does not need to be a "show car"!!! (but it would be nice if ya washed it...) ;)

In addition, 2013 is a glorious year of motoring anniversary milestones: Buick and Aston Martin are 100; Cunningham and Corvette are 60, and McLaren is 50, as are the Porsche 911, and Lotus Elan. Historic festival 31 will honor these birthdays with special exhibit classes and on-track racing activities during the weekend.

Sunday is, of course, the fabulous Sunday in the Park Concours, where hundreds of superb entrants line Sam Posey Straight, from the Downhill to Big Bend. The Gathering of the Marques fills the remainder of Lime Rock's 1.5 miles with more than 800 additional cars brought by enthusiasts and club organizers.

We encourage you to come for the drive, the fun, and the spectacle of the event, where road truly meets track -- and where go combines perfectly with show.

See you there! http://limerockhistorics.com/marques/[/QUOTE]

BigJohn
08-21-2013, 03:46 PM
What and ruin my reputation?????????

:confused:

Mystic ZR-1
08-25-2013, 08:15 PM
TTT. It's next Sunday!!! You should be recovered from Carlisle by then...
Gathering of the Marques Sunday Sept 1 [/B]

See you there! http://limerockhistorics.com/marques/[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Mystic ZR-1
09-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Steve it was nice to see you!
Damn rain and humidity...
Two of the seven Vettes there had more than one cam!
It's a shame that more Vettes don't show up at this great event? :(
It never fails to amaze me how many non-Vette car guys at a show like this
know about the ZR-1 and how many "Corvette experts"
at Vette shows don't have a clue!!!

efnfast
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks Doug, was good to see you.
It was muggy, whew.
Long ride, just got home at 6:30, 3 and a half hours.

BigJohn
09-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Steve it was nice to see you!
Damn rain and humidity...
Two of the seven Vettes their had more than one cam!
It's a shame that more Vettes don't show up at this great event? :(
It never fails to amaze me how many non-Vette car guys at a show like this
know about the ZR-1 and how many "Corvette experts"
at Vette shows don't have a clue!!!

Cam, what?????
:confused: