PDA

View Full Version : High pitch noise

Rex Ruby
06-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Have a high pitch noise when the engine is running.

Doesn't seem effect performance but something isn't right.

Any ideas?

scottfab
06-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Can you localize where it's coming from? Font ? Rear?
Motor? wheels?

Well I had a "whistle" noise coming form the TB.
It ended up being some build up near the plates.
I took the bellows off and wiped them down and reapplied
grease (it facilitates full closure).
The whistle went away.

Rex Ruby
06-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I'll check that Scott.
Noise is coming from the engine.

scottfab
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
If it is not a high pitched whistle but more of a metal on metal squeal then you can take paper towel core (tube) or a 2ft section of hose and use it to your ear to aim at the water pump, alternator, idler pulley, etc to try and localize it.
Get a suspect then remove the belt and turn each by hand.

If the noise goes away once the engine is warmed up then suspect the water pump. Maybe it's time to flush and put in new fluid? Or add some water pump lube? If that makes it go away then it would be wise to keep close watch for fluid drips for a while.

FU
06-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Plenum to inj. housing vacuum leak ?

XfireZ51
06-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Plenum to inj. housing vacuum leak ?

Frank,

I just had this happen. Turns out my fuel rail bolts were loose. Injectors and rails could move around. That should be the resolution of my "disappearing IAC counts" at idle. So I ran the 1/2mile and Dyno that way.

DUH!

stuntmanmike
04-01-2022, 02:45 PM
Hi guys, I?m experiencing a constant squealing noise. Does not change much with engine RPM. When you shut the motor off it continues for a couple of seconds then sort of tapers down in frequency, like a bottle rocket sound.
Do I need to pull the whole Plenum off to get access to the injector housing that may be the culprit? Thanks

XfireZ51
04-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Hi guys, I?m experiencing a constant squealing noise. Does not change much with engine RPM. When you shut the motor off it continues for a couple of seconds then sort of tapers down in frequency, like a bottle rocket sound.
Do I need to pull the whole Plenum off to get access to the injector housing that may be the culprit? Thanks

Yes.

Jagdpanzer
04-01-2022, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90383)