PDA

View Full Version : NE Group Maintenance Day Sat May 4

Mystic ZR-1
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
A "maintenance day" (Beasts Of the North East, BONE MD? OK, let's hear the Urologist jokes...) is scheduled for Saturday May 4th (rain or shine) at Bob Lyle's house/garage in Loudon NH, not far from the NH International Speedway.
We're gonna help him pull his plenum to replace the fuel injectors and see if we can help solve his driveability problems. Bob says he'll "break out the barbie"! Munchie and beveridge donations are more than welcome!
Let's make this a NE Group GTG all are welcome, we've already got a few members of the "Brotherhood" signed up!
You don't have to get your hands dirty if you don't want to, supervisors, critics and Peanut Gallery participants are encouraged! This will be a good oppurtunity to be involved in the ZR-1 "Rite of Passage" and a good learning experience for everyone, not to mention helping out someone in the "Brotherhood"
Directions to Bob's and further details to follow.
Please post up or PM if you think you can make it!

Also, we've got a tentative BONE GTG scheduled for Sunday June 2nd same place as the March GTG in Windsor CT, were gonna try to make a "road tour" part of the event so it might start a little earlier than than last time. Stay tuned for details.

And, it's not too early to start planning for:
ZR-1 BONE GTG, Saturday July 6th @ Lime Rock Park, Northeast Grand Prix ALMS race/Corvette Corral. Watch the C6Rs kick some butt! Details to follow, keep in mind tickets for the Corvette Corral must be purchased in advance

Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net
c 860-287-9923

efnfast
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Doug, I'm in for the learning experience. I'll bring some steak tips for the carnivors. -Steve

tomtom72
04-10-2013, 07:26 AM
:o sorry I'm late! I was busy in the engine room. :)

I'm "IN" on this one. It's already marked on my calendar. :dancing

I'll bring my scanner & tools.....do we need me to bring anything else? Gasket set? Coils? Better make a list of the tools we would like to have on hand, no?

:cheers:
Tom

tomtom72
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
okay here's my list of stuff that I could bring if they are not in the tool box at the car's location. This is just stuff to cover all the bases as I remember. It's been a while since I pulled a plenum. I can bring the entire list if needed.

scanner, long torx bits, fuel pres gauge w/ pres. dump, T/Q wrench, permatex blue, blue loc-tite, hand impact driver & bits just in case the water tube bolts are a PIA, patented injector rail removal tool, picks for O-rings, dielectric grease, my gasket set just in case, gasket scraper, scrubbing pad & brass brush, contact cleaner ( for the obvious reasons ), throttle body cleaner, my FSM set, my "go bag", and some shop rags.
Sorry, I don't have any spare injectors!:sign10:
Any body think of anything else?

Tom

BigJohn
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
okay here's my list of stuff that I could bring if they are not in the tool box at the car's location. This is just stuff to cover all the bases as I remember. It's been a while since I pulled a plenum. I can bring the entire list if needed.

scanner, long torx bits, fuel pres gauge w/ pres. dump, T/Q wrench, permatex blue, blue loc-tite, hand impact driver & bits just in case the water tube bolts are a PIA, patented injector rail removal tool, picks for O-rings, dielectric grease, my gasket set just in case, gasket scraper, scrubbing pad & brass brush, contact cleaner ( for the obvious reasons ), throttle body cleaner, my FSM set, my "go bag", and some shop rags.
Sorry, I don't have any spare injectors!:sign10:

Tom

Wings???

:neutral:

batchman
04-12-2013, 05:17 PM

With that tool kit appearing, should I bring a 2nd car to crack open LOL?
Half-serious but would love to see the surgery as I'm undoubtedly *next*.

Cheers,
- Jeff

efnfast
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Jeff, yo coming? If I had the money, I'd bring injectors for my car that day and make it a twofer. Bob says he has room in the garage for two cars. -Steve

tomtom72
04-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Do you guys, Jeff & Steve, have your replacement injectors??? Bring them! We can do your cars while Doug does Bob's car. The way I understand it now that Jerry's Gaskets and FIC are collaborating you have simple one stop shopping. That makes it so easy to get everything to do an injector swap.

:thumbsup::cheers:
Tom

tomtom72
04-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Wings???

:neutral:

Now that sounds like a good idea!=D>

batchman
04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Don't think I need injectors but will admit it'd be awesome to get a Z-brutha set of eyes on them. I'd think at 80k and no apparent issues they may have already been done.

What I do have is a nasty vac leak that comes and goes, a need to get the A/C compressor out, and rig something for a PCV catch can as I wind up dripping oil on grid - frowned upon to say the least.

Gotta look to see if I'm supposed to be racing that day,
- Jeff

efnfast
04-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Tom, I don't have the injectors, and the wife is out of work. So, I'll not be buying anything unless absolutely necassary.

Mystic ZR-1
04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
This string has been quiet for a while.
For planning purposes, who's in?
All are welcome!

BigJohn
04-18-2013, 06:20 PM
This string has been quiet for a while.
For planning purposes, who's in?
All are welcome!

Where?

:confused:

efnfast
04-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Loudon NH.

Mystic ZR-1
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
John
How was your chili?

BigJohn
04-19-2013, 06:27 AM
John
How was your chili?

Better than at the Town House!!!!!!

:p

Mystic ZR-1
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
May 4th is coming up fast!
A "maintenance day" (Beasts Of the North East, BONE MD? OK, let's hear the Urologist jokes...) is scheduled for Saturday May 4th (rain or shine) at Bob Lyle's house/garage in Loudon NH, not far from the NH International Speedway.
We're gonna help him pull his plenum to replace the fuel injectors and see if we can help solve his driveability problems. Bob says he'll "break out the barbie"! Munchie and beveridge donations are more than welcome!
Let's make this a NE Group GTG all are welcome, we've already got a few members of the "Brotherhood" signed up!
You don't have to get your hands dirty if you don't want to, supervisors, critics and Peanut Gallery participants are encouraged! This will be a good opportunity to be involved in the ZR-1 "Rite of Passage" and a good learning experience for everyone, not to mention helping out someone in the "Brotherhood"
Directions to Bob's and further details to follow.:USFlag:
Please post up or PM if you think you can make it!

Also, we've got a tentative BONE GTG scheduled for Sunday June 2nd same place as the March GTG in Windsor CT, were gonna try to make a "road tour" part of the event so it might start a little earlier than than last time. Stay tuned for details.

And, it's not too early to start planning for:
ZR-1 BONE GTG, Saturday July 6th @ Lime Rock Park, Northeast Grand Prix ALMS race/Corvette Corral. Watch the C6Rs kick some butt! Details to follow, keep in mind tickets for the Corvette Corral must be purchased in advance

Doug
c 860-287-9923

efnfast
04-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Doug, what time at Bob's?

zr1mom
04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
You know I just may join you guys.

efnfast
04-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Dave, it would be a real pleasure to meet you. -Steve

zr1mom
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks Steve, same here.

Mystic ZR-1
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Directions to Bob Lyle's: We're planning on starting around 10am!
Rain or Shine, long range weather looks good!

Directions to 39 Iris Lane, Loudon N.H.03307

From the south.
New Hampshire Interstate 93 north to exit 15 east.
Take exit 3, Rte 106 Loudon, turn left at end of exit.
Follow 106 about 4 miles to Rte 129 intersection (first set of lights) turn left at lights. About a 100 yards road forks, stay to the right, you will go over a small bridge, turn left on to School St. First stop sign, turn left on Oak Hill, 1/8th mile turn left onto Foster Rd. Follow Foster Rd into 55 community. Continue past club house (red building on the right) continue past first Iris Lane on right, take second Iris Lane. I am the 4th house on the right.
Bob
c 603-493-7198
bob@lyleassoc.com
Doug
c 860-287-9923

batchman
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Turns out my race day is Sunday, but the boss is running Saturday. If her car gets off to an OK start I may be able to run up - at least to meet you guys, and if I get really ambitious I'll bring the Z (can't recall which tires its sitting on right now) to at least see if anyone recognizes what injectors are in it.

Can't be wrenching on it the afternoon before an event!

Cheers,
- Jeff

Mystic ZR-1
04-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Looks like 6 people including Bob may show
up! There's room for more! The weather's supposed to be
great so come on out! Get some seat time in that Z!!!!

Mystic ZR-1
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
The weather's gonna be great! Come on out!!!
Bob's even gonna break out the barbie!!! ;)
We're planning on starting around 10am! :dancing
If there's time after, maybe we can do some hot laps around
New Hampshire International Speedway which is right up the street!
(Bob, can you arrange that?)

Directions to Bob Lyle's @ 39 Iris Lane, Loudon N.H.03307

From the south.
New Hampshire Interstate 93 north to exit 15 east.
Take exit 3, Rte 106 Loudon, turn left at end of exit.
Follow 106 about 4 miles to Rte 129 intersection (first set of lights) turn left at lights. About a 100 yards road forks, stay to the right, you will go over a small bridge, turn left on to School St. First stop sign, turn left on Oak Hill, 1/8th mile turn left onto Foster Rd. Follow Foster Rd into 55 community. Continue past club house (red building on the right) continue past first Iris Lane on right, take second Iris Lane. 4th house on the right.

Bob
c 603-493-7198
bob@lyleassoc.com
Doug
c 860-287-9923

Bob Lyle
05-03-2013, 06:11 AM
All are welcome.
Look forward to meeting and learning.
Great weather.
Bob

G8nightman
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
If my Z was ready I would take the drive up.

batchman
05-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Great to meet you guys today, sorry I arrived late and left early but glad I did make a fly-by. Was really glad to hear an OBX catback (Thanks, Steve!) but chagrined to find our car is still on OE injectors. I'll be making excuses forever for our ol' "working girl" being woefully dirty!

Also sorry I won't be running tomorrow as this season has come too soon for me.

Cheers,
- Jeff

efnfast
05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Was good to meet you Jeff. We had a good turn out, 5 Z's in the drive at one point. I even learned how to pull a plenum. - Steve

Bob Lyle
05-05-2013, 08:13 AM
It was a pleasure meeting all, Doug, Tom, Pete, Steve, Jeff.
It was a great experience watching Doug and Tom replaced the injectors with the skill of surgeons. Z-R-1 is running great.
Look forward to seeing all in the future.
Thanks to all for coming.
Bob

batchman
05-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear the surgery was a success! When I left it was pretty clear to me there would be no doubt, and that when I "open the can" I'd best have sticky gloves on because I do so like to drop my tools...

Best,
- Jeff