PDA

View Full Version : NE Group GTG Sunday March 3 2013

Mystic ZR-1
01-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Hope things are well with you guys, the winter's sorta been kind so far.

The Northeast ZR-1 group (BONE?) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also to plan some "local" 2013 events.
:cheers:
Sunday, March 3 @ 12 noon at the Chili's restaurant (near Bradley airport) 1035 Kennedy Rd, Windsor CT 06095 BRING YOUR IDEAS!

From North: RT91, exit 40, RT20 toward airport, 1st exit, Old Country/Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on your right about a quarter mile
From South: RT91, exit 39, Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on the left just after going under hiway overpass

It's easy to find and the food's not too bad and it's quieter than Buffalo Wild Wings.... Meeting at noon should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the the NE Group.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...
Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested. Noobies are especially encouraged! Meet the rest of the inmates in the NE asylum!
For planning purposes, please post up, PM or call if ya think you can make it. Last year we had about 12 people show up!
Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923
PS: Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

efnfast
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm in one way or the other. -Steve

tomtom72
01-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Me too! No, I didn't speak to Lou yet, sorry. I will do that tonight.

Tom

94Admiral
01-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm in!

EVILTWINS
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm a Noobie I'll be there

efnfast
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Pete, keep in touch before the trip, we'll work something out. Altought, I might have my wife with me. We'll figure it out. -Steve

EVILTWINS
01-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Rgr

Thx

EVILTWINS
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Looked at mapquest you about an hour northeast of dublin. It's about another 90 min to Bradley area from Dublin. Depending on the route u take u could swing by and we can follow each other. Probably won't take the z out as there is still too much salt on the road. I have a 96 lt4 beater I'll probably take -

efnfast
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
You're gonna' to make Windsor CT in 90 minutes?

EVILTWINS
01-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Give or take. It's about an hour to Springfield ma then 30 or so to Hartford. Maybe an hour 45

efnfast
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Huh, yeah, straight down for you. Just looked at the map. I ussually go through Worcester. Might not make sence for us to hook up for the trip.

EVILTWINS
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Yep see it on the map

If u change your mind let me know. Else see u there. Look fwd to meeting u

Pete

tomtom72
01-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Doug, I spoke with Lou and he's riding in with me so add one more to the "will attend" list!

Tom

Mystic ZR-1
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Looks like about 9 have signed up so far! That's a great start!

andersra
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I will be there too.

wprice
02-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I will be there too..

Wayne

jrd1990zr1
02-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Doug,

I plan to be there too!

Thanks for setting this up!!

John :handshak:

Mystic ZR-1
02-21-2013, 12:06 PM
REMINDER!!!

Looks like we've got 15 or 16 signed up so far!
(Dave, thanks for your help!)
Long term weather forecast is OK so far...

The Northeast ZR-1 group (BONE?) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also to plan some "local" 2013 events.
Sunday, March 3 @ 12 noon at the Chili's restaurant (near Bradley airport) 1035 Kennedy Rd, Windsor CT 06095 BRING YOUR IDEAS!

From North: RT91, exit 40, RT20 toward airport, 1st exit, Old Country/Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on your right about a quarter mile
From South: RT91, exit 39, Kennedy Rd, left at bottom of ramp, restaurant is on the left just after going under hiway overpass

It's easy to find and the food's not too bad and it's quieter than Buffalo Wild Wings.... Meeting at noon should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the the NE Group.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...
Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested. Noobies are especially encouraged! Meet the rest of the inmates in the NE asylum!
For planning purposes, please post up, PM or call if ya think you can make it.
Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923

BigJohn
02-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I have the BIG truck back!!!!!

:-D

tomtom72
02-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Sorry I took so long to post up! I called Lou and we spoke. He and I are going to ride up together so put us on the attendee list. ;)

Looking forward to this! It'll be great to see you guys and make some plans for the summer. Oh Lou and I have our season's pass for LRP this year. See you guys at the ALMS & Rolex races????

Tom

94Admiral
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Ugh. I'm out for Sunday. Wife is out of town and son's hockey game was re-scheduled for 11:15 AM. Please post up any pix and ideas that you guys come up with. Thx.

Mystic ZR-1
02-27-2013, 05:52 PM
For you guys that have to travel a ways to attend, the weather looks good for Sunday! We're also gonna have a couple door prizes! Save some space on your garage wall... (I know better than to say your living room wall)
Scott: Sorry we'll miss you, we'll be able to connect one of these days? Will keep you in the "loop". Burgeritaville, Dandy Donuts or F40 Cars & Coffee this year?
Big John: See ya Saturday for breakfast, can we travel in the '38? B's Bimmer is available.

jrd1990zr1
02-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Doug,

Sorry for the late response. I plan to be there!

John

batchman
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Well I almost stood a chance - thought I'd be passing through on my way back from LI but that's off another week I think. Have a great time guys!
- Jeff

andersra
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
It was great to see everyone today. As I got back into town after our meeting, I took a slightly less direct route to my house. What did I see, but a 1990 Black ZR-1 pulling into the local Rite Aid. I don't think I ever ran across a ZR-1 on the road before. I pulled in after him and met him. He told me he had just gotten his car back from Marc Haibeck. He said he hadn't heard of the ZR-1 Registry our our local owners group. I gave him our information. We will probably have another member. Must be a good omen for 2013.

efnfast
03-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Had a great time, thanks Doug for organizing this. Sounds like some good events coming up this year. Hope to see everyone at every event. -Steve

Mystic ZR-1
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Great turnout! We had 15 people show up! Some drove almost 3 hours to attend! It was great to see you guys (and girl)! Thanks for coming!!!! Unfortunately no Zs showed up, but after all, it's still Winter here in the NE. Much interest was shown in Big John's 5/4 scale GMC pickup... I got to commute with him and there's certainly a different perspective of the road and surrounding scenery when you're riding about 8 feet above it! What we lacked in Zs was more than made up in enthusiasm and comraderie! Yes, we're all part of a real "Brotherhood"!
Lots of ideas for events etc were tossed around, more on that in later posts. Several of the world's problems were resolved as well...! A couple doorprizes, framed prints, cutaways of an LT5 and a ZF6 were raffled off too and will be "gracing" some garage walls. It was a nice late winter diversion to get our minds back where they belong, on our ZR-1s! The snow and cold weather will be gone soon and we can hit the roads again!
Plans were made to do it again on June 2nd only this time with ZR-1s in attendance! If ya couldn't make yesterday's GTG, start planning now to attend the next one. Maybe we can incorporate some kind of road tour into the agenda? Stay tuned for details as they develop.
A little further out, July 6, is the American LeMans Northeast Grand Prix @ Lime Rock Park here in CT. We've had good turnouts the last couple years for our ZR-1 GTGs as part of that event's GM sponsored Corvette Corral. Maybe this year with a little "promotion" we can make it a GREAT turnout??? Watch the C6Rs kick some Porsche and Ferrari butt! Everyone should consider attending, not just us NE asylum inmates! More details to follow!
See ya soon, :dancing
Doug

ZZZZZR1
03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Great turnout!!

Way to go Doug :saluting:

Wish I could have attended.

David

LOKIN4TRBL
03-04-2013, 01:58 PM
It was great to see everyone today. As I got back into town after our meeting, I took a slightly less direct route to my house. What did I see, but a 1990 Black ZR-1 pulling into the local Rite Aid. I don't think I ever ran across a ZR-1 on the road before. I pulled in after him and met him. He told me he had just gotten his car back from Marc Haibeck. He said he hadn't heard of the ZR-1 Registry our our local owners group. I gave him our information. We will probably have another member. Must be a good omen for 2013.

Hello All, I am the black 90 driving around in the flurries on sunday 3/3/13. Your member was kind enough to pull over and say Hi and introduce me to your organization. Please keep me up to speed on upcoming events and if anyone can use my assistance let me know. Nice to know there is a group of zr1 owners locally. Thanks , Bob

ZZZZZR1
03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Hello All, I am the black 90 driving around in the flurries on sunday 3/3/13. Your member was kind enough to pull over and say Hi and introduce me to your organization. Please keep me up to speed on upcoming events and if anyone can use my assistance let me know. Nice to know there is a group of zr1 owners locally. Thanks , Bob

Welcome Bob!!!!

How long have you had your ZR-1?

Any pictures you can share?

David

andersra
03-04-2013, 02:06 PM

It was great running into you yesterday, and an amazing coincidence. Hope to see you soon.

efnfast
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Bob, shame he ran into you on the way out, would have been great to have you there. Welcome. I'm also driving a black 90, well currently cleaning and getting ready to drive.-Steve

efnfast
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey Bob, what was the Great and Powerful Hiabeck doing to your car?

LOKIN4TRBL
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM
It was great running into you yesterday, and an amazing coincidence. Hope to see you soon.
Same here !!

LOKIN4TRBL
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey Bob, what was the Great and Powerful Hiabeck doing to your car?
Hi Thanks for the welcome !!
Had a bad vibe in the drivetrain at higher speeds , terrible oil pressure at idle and very rough idle . had entire engine balanced found bad dampner and flywheel, replaced the seal on the pump great pressure now, had a bad valve #2 cyl and replaced all the lifters for that cyl.

94Admiral
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Bob -

Welcome to BONE!!!! (Beasts of the North East)!!!

Glad to have you! I too am am Haibeck fan - as are many ZR-1 owners.

Have had Marc work on both my 91 and 94. From where did your beast originate and where are the pix? Would love to learn more about what Marc did with your Z!!!! Thx.