PDA

View Full Version : N.East Crew....is everyone safe?

tomtom72
10-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Just checking in from the suburbs north of NYC. Big mess and lots of mechanical issues, but I'm uninjured.

:cheers:
Tom

DaveK
10-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Good to hear Tom. Hope everyone else is okay.

Dave

efnfast
10-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Got home outside of Concord NH about 4:00 last night. Parked in the garage, closed the door, walked in the house to no power. Had to go back out and make sure the door closed. Still no power this morning. Gave the wife a quick lesson on the generator.
Small branches down, nothing else.
Everybody else?

tomtom72
10-30-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm worried about Frank. Long Island is not in good shape. I think they have a few hundred thousand accounts out of power...maybe more! Both the south ( Atlantic ocean side ) and north ( long Island sound side ) shores are in a very bad way. The interior of the island got smashed by the wind.

Lower Manhattan was part of the Hudson River and the harbor last night. The subway system is very badly flooded. Man this part of the country is a mess. New Jersey has like 2 million accounts down, and there is extensive flooding on the coastal areas. I hope all the Jersey guys & their families are okay.

This is going to be a tough uphill battle.

Tom

tomtom72
10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
:o Thanks guys for the concerns! Sorry i forgot that important bit. Man the wind was just savage last night. I was up on the roof this morning fixing spots where the wind tore up the membrane....it's a flat roof!

I am lucky....my building has & never lost power. It comes in under ground!

Kevin
10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
been trying to get in touch with frank for a few days now, no response

4CAM LT5
10-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Lower Manhattan was part of the Hudson River and the harbor last night. The subway system is very badly flooded. Man this part of the country is a mess. New Jersey has like 2 million accounts down, and there is extensive flooding on the coastal areas. I hope all the Jersey guys & their families are okay.

This is going to be a tough uphill battle.

Tom

All good here in Blue Bell, PA. Thanks for checking, Tom. Friends in Long Island and NJ have not been as fortunate. I feel blessed to have sustained nothing more than a bit of wind damage, etc.

ZONER 95
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Still no power here on Mass/RI border....coast hit hard, they are warning us could be a week till restored...lots of trees down in my area..logged on courtesy of my trusty Honda generator......

wprice
10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Checking in from Worcester, MA. No issues here..

Wayne

BigJohn
10-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Everything is ok!!
Just a large tree down on my power line pulling it out of my meter box.
I am not happy!

jimmy b.
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Northwest New Jersey a big mess, trees down all over the place. No power, no cell service. My land line still good but can only post when on generator. We were lucky, trees that fell went away from our property. Other people in the area weren't so lucky. I hope Frank and Ricky are ok they both live by the shore.

ZZZZZR1
10-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Glad everyone is ok!

Frank is ok. (Flooding, no power, etc etc)

Ricky is in Miami. Heading back as soon as he can

Maryland wasn't hit too bad. NJ and NY got the worst of it

David

Pete
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Talked to Frank a couple hours ago everybody is ok.
A lot of water and no electricity.
I feel bad for him he said it's a big mess he doesn't know where start it's so much.
He said there's seaweed everywhere.
Naighbors boat was down the block in another naighbors yard.

I wish you guys the best.

Pete

Blue Flame Restorations
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Glad you guys made it through the worst of it. Worried about Frank also.

scottfab
10-31-2012, 02:22 AM
sad indeed. It's good that it was not a higher category storm.
It could have been much worse.
The NE is tough. It will bounce back very fast.

GOLDCYLON
10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Indeed glad to hear everyone is ok just dealing with annoyances.

tomtom72
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Pete, thanks for the head's up on Frank! :thumbsup:

I'm worried about our friends in WV and Ohio and Ill with this blizzard! I hope they all are safe.:pray

Tom

Mystic ZR-1
10-31-2012, 04:51 PM
OK in Mystic but no power
Had 2 ft of Mystic River in my front
yard and a couple of big branches down
but not too bad. Somehow, the basement
stayed dry? (106 year old stone foundation
The Z stayed dry too, it's garage is a little
higher than the house which about 4 ft above
sea level. I'm fortunate, I feel for the folks
with real problems. Thanks to the "brotherhood"
for your concern!
Doug

BigJohn
10-31-2012, 06:28 PM
The part I don't like the most; is most people don't even slow down for traffic lights that are out.
:(:confused:

zr1mom
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Was there a storm or something?

XfireZ51
10-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Was there a storm or something?

R u serious or trying to be funny?

94Admiral
11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Those were the worst winds I ever saw. Rather scary. Lost a couple huge trees but they were thrown into the woods and not onto the house. It is rather a strange feeling to hear a 100 foot tree snap and begin falling in the dark. It is also wonderful to hear it land and realize it did not hit your home. Pretty amazing.

No power, but we count ourselves very lucky. The coast got pounded hard - the storm surge was huge. Quite a few people were injured/killed from trees and water. Thoughts and prayers with our brothers and the others dealing with tragedy right now.

efnfast
11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Mom and I are in NH. We didn't get much, but it was all we saw on the news for 5 days. I think the news was tired of talking politics, like us.

tomtom72
11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Scott, glad to see you and the family are okay!

94Admiral
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks Tom. I am more concerned for the folks along the coast. The floods were quite horrible.

andersra
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Everything here in western CT OK. I lost power for maybe 15 mins, and then a couple of brief outages. The neighbor had a tree fall on his house, but no injury. Damage seems less here than after last October. I know the shoreline was hit hard. I was speaking with one of my co workers on the Jersey shore during the storm, and you could hear the transformers exploding in the background. He's lucky that he had minor damage, but he has no power, or even cell phone service. Anybody needs anything, let me know.

BigJohn
11-02-2012, 12:33 PM
They said we might get power back next week!!
:(