PDA

View Full Version : New registry website

DaveK
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
For some time we have been redeveloping the ZR-1 Net Registry site (www.zr1netregistry.com) into an easier to use site using the latest technology to make it more responsive to users’ needs as well as easier to maintain. This work is now entering the final stages of completion and the transfer to the new site has begun.

During this transfer period (which could last a few days) you may see the new site, the old site or nothing at all as the changes propagate to your local ISP and name servers. We ask for your patience during this time. After the transfer has stabilized we will be distributing individual log in information to ZR-1 Net Registry Members.

Thanks

Dave

QB93Z
10-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks Dave for all of your hard work on the new Registry Website.

Jim

Blue Flame Restorations
10-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I like the new layout.

Just as an opinion after viewing the new site -----

"Please don't state that there will be a Quaterly Newsletter."

It just doesn't seem reaslistic that it can happen as expected. If the infighting starts up again, I will probably not re-join. My reason for being here does not include the BS drama.

Respectfully

Brett

DaveK
10-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the comments Brett, glad you like it.

Dave

Blue Flame Restorations
10-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I forgot to say the obvious though.........Great job, Dave.:dancing

scottfab
10-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Where/How do you want bugs submitted?

DaveK
10-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Just email me any bugs etc.

Thanks

Dave

-=Jeff=-
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Looks good. it is more modern and has an updated look.

Is the forum URL changing as well? I know you also mentioned of new forum software, when might this take place?

DaveK
10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks Jeff.

We're looking at the forum but wanted to get the site out first. What we're looking to do is make the forum integrated directly with the website so that we just have one access point for everyone. We're probably looking at a couple of months or so before we make any changes to the forum and we'll give everyone plenty of notice.

Dave

Looks good. it is more modern and has an updated look.

Is the forum URL changing as well? I know you also mentioned of new forum software, when might this take place?

Paul in SC
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Looks real good, guys!!

Nice job so far.

Kevin
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
looks great on a computer browser...very hard to navigate on ios

DaveK
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Kevin. The skin is supposed to work on mobile devices and I tested it as well as I could. Are there any specific issues you're seeing? It seems to work okay on my android device.

Dave

Kevin
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks Kevin. The skin is supposed to work on mobile devices and I tested it as well as I could. Are there any specific issues you're seeing? It seems to work okay on my android device.

Dave

lots of scrolling is necessary to find anything, lots of dark spaces. i can send screen shots if that would help. i really like how it looks on the computer.

DaveK
10-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Screenshots would help a lot thanks. If you could send them to me at webmaster@zr1netregistry.com you can help me test my mail set up as well :)

Thanks

Dave

Kevin
10-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Screenshots would help a lot thanks. If you could send them to me at webmaster@zr1netregistry.com you can help me test my mail set up as well :)

Thanks

Dave
you got it dave. 4 coming your way

gbrtng
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
looks fine on my iPad ... except in the ZR-1s for sale - when I touch a photo, the linked photo ends up under the one I touched.
Same on the iMac with Firefox ...

A1990
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone, the feedback is important.

Fully Vetted
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
My initial impression is it's 1000% better than the old sight. Not that the old one was bad but it was definitely dated.

:cheers:

Fully Vetted
10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
One suggestion - I clicked on a link on the Registry website that brought me to the Forum. It'd be nice if there was a link to take me back to the Registry.

GOLDCYLON
10-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Like the up to date Layout.

WVZR-1
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Well for the past 60 or so minutes I get the old "homepage" missing all the links
across the top, down the left side, right side and all across the bottom.

I believe if anyone see's the old "HOME PAGE" if they clear their "COOKIES" and BROWSER HISTORY" they'll have no trouble getting to the NEW HOME" !!!!

DaveK
10-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Clearing history and browser cache may help but the changes can take a few days to work themselves around the world.

Thanks

Dave

LGAFF
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Holy SHT ......amazing work!

DaveK
10-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks Lee!

ZONER 95
10-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Nice first impression .....great job!...

4CAM LT5
10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks Dave for all of your hard work on the new Registry Website.

Jim

I agree with Jim. I got a "peek" at the new Web site....and it appears to be a major improvement over the old site. Great work...!!

DaveK
10-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone.

I've had reports of a problem with IE8 where the latest news ticker floats over the top of the car banner. It looks like an IE specific problem, can anyone confirm if it works okay or not in IE9?

Thanks

Dave

DaveK
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Update: I think I have fixed the IE8 issue.

Dave

QB93Z
10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I use IE8 and the news banner appears to be working now.

Jim

DaveK
10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks for confirming that Jim

Dave

4CAM LT5
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
I use the Google Chrome browser, and the site works great...no problems.

DaveK
10-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for confirming that 4CAM LT5. I did test it on firefox, chrome and IE during development as well as several mobile browsers.

IE is always a pain though, especially older versions.

Dave

limey
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Does the site have the ability to track hits when a visitor clicks sponsor links?

gbrtng
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
looks fine on my iPad ... except in the ZR-1s for sale - when I touch a photo, the linked photo ends up under the one I touched.
Same on the iMac with Firefox ...
Just checked - linked photos are still hidden ...

DaveK
10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Just checked - linked photos are still hidden ...

Could you try clearing your cache - I put in a fix for this earlier that should have done the trick. I don't have anything "Apple" to check withe their browser though.

Thanks

Dave

DaveK
10-17-2012, 12:18 PM
One suggestion - I clicked on a link on the Registry website that brought me to the Forum. It'd be nice if there was a link to take me back to the Registry.

At the moment the two are completely separate sites so it's hard to do this. We're looking at bringing everything together down the line though.

Thanks

Dave

scottfab
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Could you try clearing your cache - I put in a fix for this earlier that should have done the trick. I don't have anything "Apple" to check withe their browser though.

Thanks

Dave

I saw the problem on a PC running firefox. I had it written up
in the list I'm sending to you via email. Any image clicked would
appear behind the parent page.
But you did fix it. All it takes is doing a page refresh to see the
fix.
All images now appear in front of the parent as would be expected.

gbrtng
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM

Thanks

Dave
It's OK on both iPad and iMac now. Doing a refresh did the trick.

DaveK
10-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks GB!

Dave

Meanmyz
10-17-2012, 06:11 PM
So far I am really liking the new site "home page". I see you guys have really gone after the misconceptions about our cars as well as really touting it's strengths, which is GREAT! Hopefully this will do a little in helping bring values up where they should be.

Anybody doing a little research and running across our site SHOULD get properly educated on the true and original "King of the Hill" Imho, it is a car that taps into the senses like no other...Hey do we have a trademark on "Permagrin"?! :cheers:

WVZR-1
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Should "members only" login work from the new "home page"?

I was trying to find some information that I would have guessed required a "login". What I thought was current didn't work.

DaveK
10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
There's a members only section that isn't online yet but will be shortly. The old "Member's Only" section and logins will no longer work. When we bring up the new member section we will provide people with login accounts to be able to access it.

It should be there in a couple of days or so, we just need to make sure everything is working okay after the site transfer.

Watch this space! :cheers:

Dave

Jetjock
10-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Dave, love the site! I didn't know if my sign-in would work but after reading the previous e-mail, understand why not. I tried the e-mail and it didn't work either. Looking real good!

vilant
10-17-2012, 08:28 PM
The new site looks great:thumbsup:. Great work fellas.

DaveK
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys!

A1990
10-17-2012, 09:35 PM
great idea about "permagrin"...maybe we should pursue this ?

ZZZZZR1
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
great idea about "permagrin"...maybe we should pursue this ?

I'm contacting a lawyer as we speak! ;)

A1990
10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
The urban dictionary meaning is not all that good :D

DaveK
10-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Dennis, Are you kidding me????

It works for me! lol :cheers:

Dave

DDSLT5
10-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Dave K hits a home run!! Nicely done Dave - very impressive - you worked very hard on this one - go treat yourself to a Labatts, eh!

Fully Vetted
10-18-2012, 01:15 AM
The urban dictionary meaning is not all that good :D

1. (http://permagrin.urbanup.com/1984430)Permagrin - A long lasting smile usually caused by the frivolous feel after a great session of sex. A great partner is required to achieve this higher plane of sexual satisfaction. Accompanies lightheadedness, temporary speech impendiment, being off balance, carelessness, blurred vision, and general sexual "outbursts"

Reminds me of the day I dusted that punk in the GTO...

4CAM LT5
10-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Dave K hits a home run!! Nicely done Dave - very impressive - you worked very hard on this one - go treat yourself to a Labatts, eh!

I agree...!! What a huge leap in look, feel and ease-of-use over the old Web site...!! Excellent stuff.

DaveK
10-18-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm a Sleeman's Original man myself, but I appreciate the sentiment!

Dave

ZR1North
10-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Must have been a lot of effort, Dave. Just to let you know by way of bugs, I wasn't able to log in using the login button on the reconfigured site. It worked fine when I clicked on an article and logged in thereafter.

Thanks,

Bob

-=Jeff=-
10-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Cheers!!

http://capscrease.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/strange-brew.jpg

DaveK
10-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Bob

I'm a little confused though. Logging in is set as restricted just for now so you shouldn't be able to get in. We'll be opening that up in a couple of days and providing log in information for everyone. Could you send me a screenshot of what you see when you're logged in and what username you logged in with? (webmaster@zr1netregistry.com)

It's been a lot of work. Around 700 hours over the last 6 months.

Dave

Must have been a lot of effort, Dave. Just to let you know by way of bugs, I wasn't able to log in using the login button on the reconfigured site. It worked fine when I clicked on an article and logged in thereafter.

Thanks,

Bob

ZR1North
10-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Bob

I'm a little confused though. Logging in is set as restricted just for now so you shouldn't be able to get in. We'll be opening that up in a couple of days and providing log in information for everyone. Could you send me a screenshot of what you see when you're logged in and what username you logged in with? (webmaster@zr1netregistry.com)

It's been a lot of work. Around 700 hours over the last 6 months.

Dave

Wow - that's a lot of effort, Dave. We appreciate it!

Thanks for the clarification on the login; that makes sense. I got logged in after I clicked on one of the articles on your newly-presented site. It brought me to the thread and I was able to log in using the small panes in the top right as we always did. Hope this makes sense.

Don't worry about my original post. You've answered my concern - we'll be good when you get another step or two along the process.

Many thanks.

Meanmyz
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
1. (http://permagrin.urbanup.com/1984430)Permagrin - A long lasting smile usually caused by the frivolous feel after a great session of sex. A great partner is required to achieve this higher plane of sexual satisfaction. Accompanies lightheadedness, temporary speech impendiment, being off balance, carelessness, blurred vision, and general sexual "outbursts"

Ok, so we're close. ...in the "most fun with your clothes" on sort of way. :mrgreen:

tf95ZR1
10-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Looks like HOURS
of work. Well Done!

tomtom72
10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow Dave I think the new mothership is fantastic! :icon_thum My hat's off to you! Thanks for taking this on for our club. :handshak:

Tom

DaveK
10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks Tom and everyone for the comments. Glad everyone likes it so far. There's more to come :)

Dave

Hog
10-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Looks good!! Congrats on the new look.

peace
Hog

ScottZ95ZR1
10-19-2012, 06:38 PM
FANTABULOUS job on the website Dave. Just awesome! :dancing

WVZR-1
10-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I would have guessed with the new "web page" being unavailable for a considerable length of time that a "responsible" person might have posted to the "forum" perhaps what the situation is and maybe when to look for a "return to service"!

Everyone was so quick to "pat the backs" !

I had no problems accessing it since it went "live" but I'm well past I believe 24 hours of "not available"!

DaveK
10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi WVZR-1

I posted on the first post of this thread that the site could be "down" or show weird things for "several days". When a domain name pointer is changed, it can take all of that time for the changes to percolate around the various nameservers around the world. We have no control over that, it is entirely a function of how the internet works and how quickly the local name servers are updated. That is also why I can't say with any exactitude when you will see it "come back".

I know that some people saw the new site within about an hour, which is pretty amazing. I couldn't see it through the zr1netregistry.com address for about a day. Others may have taken longer.

I'm glad you can see it now.

Dave

WVZR-1
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi WVZR-1

I posted on the first post of this thread that the site could be "down" or show weird things for "several days". When a domain name pointer is changed, it can take all of that time for the changes to percolate around the various nameservers around the world. We have no control over that, it is entirely a function of how the internet works and how quickly the local name servers are updated. That is also why I can't say with any exactitude when you will see it "come back".

I know that some people saw the new site within about an hour, which is pretty amazing. I couldn't see it through the zr1netregistry.com address for about a day. Others may have taken longer.

I'm glad you can see it now.

Dave

I've NOT been able to access it for 24 hours+! I mentioned I was able to until probably yesterday AM 6AM EDT

Considering there's been "no pats on the back" for better than 30 hours or so I'd guess it's not a "localized" issue!

DaveK
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Okay, so you're saying that you COULD see it after the switch but haven't been able to for the last 24 hours? Is that correct?

Not sure what the problem is then. I can see it fine and I have no other reports of people not being able to access it. I'd suggest clearing your browser cache and see if that helps. It certainly sounds like a localized issue though.

DaveK
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Update: I'm seeing it as unnaccessible now. Looking into it.

A1990
10-21-2012, 12:37 PM
I see it is back up. Do we know what happened?

DaveK
10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes its back up. There was a glitch when switching to the static IP for the SSL certificate.

Thanks

Dave

A1990
10-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes its back up. There was a glitch when switching to the static IP for the SSL certificate.

Thanks

Dave

That makes sense. Forgot about that switch. The static IP with the SSL certificate was the only way to go.

scottfab
10-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Thanks

Dave

Been there don't that. There's more that one place the change has to happen.

vilant
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Dave, is the parts list still available? Can't seem to find it. Liked to use it to cross-reference the p/n.:cheers:

DaveK
10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi Vilant

The parts list is available in the members section which we haven't brought online just yet. Login details will be coming out in a little while that will give access to it.

Thanks

Dave

vilant
10-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi Vilant

The parts list is available in the members section which we haven't brought online just yet. Login details will be coming out in a little while that will give access to it.

Thanks

Dave
Ok, cool. Things are coming along nicely. And to think, things are just going to get nicer:thumbsup:. Thanks, again.

DaveK
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Login details have been sent out to members via email. This will give you access to the members section of the website. These are individual accounts not one global members password like before.

Apologies for those who receive the email twice. My web company dropped the hammer on me part way through sending because they thought I was a spammer and I had to restart after talking to them :o

If you are a member and don't receive the email in the next few hours drop me a line at webmaster@zr1netregistry.com.

Thanks

Dave

DaveK
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
An added couple of bonuses - Heart of the beast #27 and the third quarter financials are also available through the members only section.

Thanks

Dave

Gunny
10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
email rcvd

just logged on, reset password, etc.

"Thanks Dave" just doesn't quite seem enough. If my schedule permitted I would be tempted to crank up the Z and leave immediately for a non-stop road trip to Canada in order to :cheers: with Dave (my treat, of course). Perhaps we can tip a few at the next gathering.

For those of you who have never worked with web design or been involved with computer programming it's virtually impossible to explain the incredible feat that DaveK has just completed.

George Jones

Hammer
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
An added couple of bonuses - Heart of the beast #27 and the third quarter financials are also available through the members only section.

Thanks

Dave

Question, how will the two issues of HOTB, #27 & # 28, be delivered to those who were members in 2011?

Hammer
10-22-2012, 08:40 PM
By the way, the new website does look very nice and is a great upgrade. Easier to use and browse around. One suggestion, or several actually (that I have made before when a member) is to have an area where non-members could see what's happening within the Registry and could prompt new people to join. The minutes of Board Meetings, the financials and the next agenda are all items that could go there. Those are normal items that can be found on most front pages of clubs that are truly transparent.

John Boyd

DaveK
10-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions John. I can't really answer your question about what happens to 2011 members and the HOTB, I'm just dealing with the website. Hopefully someone from the board will speak up on that matter.

Dave

DaveK
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks George, it's cold up here so you wouldn't like it :)

When you're talking beer to an Englishman living in Canada - now that's serious! :cheers:

email rcvd

just logged on, reset password, etc.

"Thanks Dave" just doesn't quite seem enough. If my schedule permitted I would be tempted to crank up the Z and leave immediately for a non-stop road trip to Canada in order to :cheers: with Dave (my treat, of course). Perhaps we can tip a few at the next gathering.

For those of you who have never worked with web design or been involved with computer programming it's virtually impossible to explain the incredible feat that DaveK has just completed.

George Jones

QB93Z
10-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Question, how will the two issues of HOTB, #27 & # 28, be delivered to those who were members in 2011?

In the mail to those who paid for hard copy. By email to all other 2011 members who are not 2012 members.

I apologize if my unedited post caused confusion.

Jim

Hammer
10-22-2012, 11:51 PM
In the mail.

Jim

Why don't you save the club's money on postage and just send the PDF's? It would be much quicker, you have my email.

John

Gunny
10-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Why don't you save the club's money on postage and just send the PDF's? It would be much quicker, you have my email.

John

Good ideas & suggestions which need to be considered. However, we have a few members who do not have/use computers and therefore must receive their copy via mail. We also provide a copy to the National Corvette Museum's archives and that's something I would want continued. And we still have a number of members who subscribe to the printed copy simply because they prefer reading from a "magazine" format rather than electronic delivery. You are correct in that PDF delivery would be simple, quicker, and certainly less expensive.

It's also a sign of the times as well as being a bit troubling for those of us who are "old fashioned" when you see more & more newspapers and other printed media turning to electronic delivery ... i.e. Newsweek's recent announcement that they will no longer provide a printed version after Dec. 31.

George

-=Jeff=-
10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Good ideas & suggestions which need to be considered. However, we have a few members who do not have/use computers and therefore must receive their copy via mail. We also provide a copy to the National Corvette Museum's archives and that's something I would want continued. And we still have a number of members who subscribe to the printed copy simply because they prefer reading from a "magazine" format rather than electronic delivery. You are correct in that PDF delivery would be simple, quicker, and certainly less expensive.

It's also a sign of the times as well as being a bit troubling for those of us who are "old fashioned" when you see more & more newspapers and other printed media turning to electronic delivery ... i.e. Newsweek's recent announcement that they will no longer provide a printed version after Dec. 31.

George

I my local corvette club we did this.. When we filled out or membership renewal we checked a box for either a mailing or an email with PDF link.

works great..

DaveK
10-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Update:

The link to the web guide on the mail shot got mangled somehow. The link text is correct, but the underlying link was incorrect. So if you clicked on it you got a file not found message.

For anyone having problems the guide can be found at:

www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf)

Thanks

Dave

A1990
10-23-2012, 09:39 AM

George

I think you missed John's point. John had selected electronic format for 2011. That's all he wants. I can't see sending him a printed copy.

WVZR-1
10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Update:

The link to the web guide on the mail shot got mangled somehow. The link text is correct, but the underlying link was incorrect. So if you clicked on it you got a file not found message.

www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Website%20guide.pdf)

Thanks

Dave

That link goes directly to "ERROR"!!!!!

GOLDCYLON
10-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Update:

www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Website%20guide.pdf)

Thanks

Dave

Dave their appears to be a minor glitch. Heres a helpful screenshot

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/goldcylon/regerror.gif

DaveK
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Jeez that's the same glitch! Trying again.

www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR-1 Net Registry New Website Guide.pdf)

DaveK
10-23-2012, 10:45 AM
okay, that works

GOLDCYLON
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
okay, that works

Concur Dave I now see it. :handshak:

DaveK
10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
We had a couple of password issues.

For information your password should be 8 characters long with no spaces or punctuation and can consist of letters and numbers in any order.

Thanks

Dave

-=Jeff=-
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
what happened to the store? the one with the clothing, decals etc

Kevin
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
We had a couple of password issues.

For information your password should be 8 characters long with no spaces or punctuation and can consist of letters and numbers in any order.

Thanks

Dave
i wish this wasn't the case. makes my pw that much harder to remember lol. its hell getting old

DaveK
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
what happened to the store? the one with the clothing, decals etc

Hi Jeff

The store is offline temporarily while we just put the finishing touches to it. It should be online in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Dave

DaveK
10-23-2012, 12:11 PM
i wish this wasn't the case. makes my pw that much harder to remember lol. its hell getting old

It gets hard remembering them. I have so many to deal with through work etc. that I can't remember them all and have to use a little "password keeper" software app!

If you use the "remember" option at least you don't need to keep entering it. :thumbsup:

Dave

A26B
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Getting old??? You Kevin??? Are you even 30 yet??:sign10:

I wish my joints had grease zerks.

scottfab
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
...snip...

I hear you on the passwords. I started an excel spreadsheet, last count for personal, business & family trusts was over 200. I guess all this access has it's price.

Word of caution. These files are targets for hackers and/or key-capture type spybots. If you do use a single file for such NEVER use the word "password" in the title or anywhere within it. Also never type the entire password out. Use your own encrypton like this. use a core password with modifiers.
For instance if you have as a core "TuBiD" then you can memorize that part and NEVER write it anywhere. Then record your passwords in the excel sheet as "ABxx$$" where "xx" is your "TuBiD" core password.
You can create any number of passwords with this scheme.
AND be sure if someone finds you password fine they can't use it.

I don't recommend ANY password storing application. Lots of reasons that I won't go into here.

Just some opinions from 20+ years in the software industry 10 of which were involve with security.

DaveK
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I've used Keepass for many years - very solid and free

http://keepass.info/

I've been thinking of looking for a phone app though for more convenience.

Dave

MikeGolf
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Great advice Scott! Thanks

Kevin
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Getting old??? You Kevin??? Are you even 30 yet??:sign10:

I wish my joints had grease zerks.

I hear you on the passwords. I started an excel spreadsheet, last count for personal, business & family trusts was over 200. I guess all this access has it's price.

actually i'm 30 on the nose Jerry ;)

but i feel 90

vettish
10-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Nice website...hats off to the folks doing the work.

I've gathered a lot of useful info here...

I don't have a ZR-1, just a plain ol' C4...but I have been checking out the "ZR-1s for sale" section for quite some time now. One thing I found useful on the old version was the "date updated" in the ZR-1s for sale section. Any chance that will be added on this version?

tf95ZR1
10-27-2012, 08:06 PM
It gets hard remembering them. I have so many to deal with through work etc. that I can't remember them all and have to use a little "password keeper" software app! If you use the "remember" option at least you don't need to keep entering it. :thumbsup: Dave

I'm nervous (old fashioned) about keeping info like that out there in "the cloud".
I have, but haven't opened yet, some gadget that looks like a calculator that stores all your passwords.
I'd probably forget the password to get to my passwords!

PS: I'd also like to see in the Parts for Sale section the seller and price without having to leave the page.

DaveK
10-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Nice website...hats off to the folks doing the work.

I've gathered a lot of useful info here...

I don't have a ZR-1, just a plain ol' C4...but I have been checking out the "ZR-1s for sale" section for quite some time now. One thing I found useful on the old version was the "date updated" in the ZR-1s for sale section. Any chance that will be added on this version?

Hi Vettish

I could probably show the date listed, not sure I could show the date last updated. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

Dave

vettish
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi Vettish

I could probably show the date listed, not sure I could show the date last updated. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

Dave

thanks Dave

...kinda curious why it says L98 under my username there to the left, I didn't type that in anywhere...must be a default 'cuz I didn't type something somewhere.

Kevin
10-27-2012, 09:59 PM
thanks Dave

...kinda curious why it says L98 under my username there to the left, I didn't type that in anywhere...must be a default 'cuz I didn't type something somewhere.
yeah it's based on time here/posts.

vettish
10-27-2012, 10:09 PM

Thanks

scottfab
10-28-2012, 06:52 AM

I think the progression is L98, LT4, LT5
It's a way of encrypting ones forum experience level.
What it should be is:
LT5 349ci
LT5 368ci
LT5 380ci
LT5 402ci
LT5 415ci
LT5 427ci
LT5 440ci

Some of these may be off but you get the idea.
Or man HP numbers? yea that's the ticket.:icon_scra

scottfab
10-28-2012, 10:32 AM
I've used Keepass for many years - very solid and free

http://keepass.info/

I've been thinking of looking for a phone app though for more convenience.

Dave

Google this "keepass security vulnerabilities"
And that is not a complete list.

DaveK
10-28-2012, 10:46 AM
There's no such thing as perfect security. I've never come across anything that doesn't have vulnerabilities. I find keepass works well for me, YMMV.

Dynomite - I'm looking for something on android.

We're getting a bit O/T here. Maybe we need a topic on internet security (or lack of) :)

Dave

DaveK
10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
The registry store is now online through the website :

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Marketplace/RegistryStore.aspx
(http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Marketplace/RegistryStore.aspx)
Buy yourself something special for Christmas!

Dave

vettish
11-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi Vettish

Dave

looks like you looked into it...

Thanks! :)

:thumbsup:

DaveK
11-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes. Date listed and last edited are now on the cars and parts for sale ads. I had several people who also said that they were useful.

Hope that helps. The ads are set to expire automatically after 3 months, so nothing should ever be massively "stale".

Thanks

Dave

A1990
11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks again, Dave.

haber rj
12-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Dave thank you for adding me to the registry and thank you for all your hard work I am sure we all appreciate it very much.

tf95ZR1
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I like the new, more modern look of the registry website.
Easy to navigate and well organized. But......
JMHO, the "Parts" section in Marketplace aint workin'.
And the fact that the last part listed was posted about
a month ago. I think more info needs to be listed on
the first page: like seller and price.

DaveK
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the comments TF. When you say the "Parts" section isn't working, are you meaning the things you mention with regard to viewing the price etc. up front or do you mean the parts section doesn't actually work?

I can certainly change things around to make more information available up front. That will hopefully help. The page itself seems to be working properly as far as I can tell.

The parts available on it are based on what people have submitted of course. The last parts for sale form came in last month and the others that were on have expired.

One of the issues with the for sale sections is that we're kind of duplicating things on the forum and the website. With for sale (cars and parts) and wanted (parts) sections both on the website and here on the forum. I'd be interested in getting feedback on which provides the best solution so that we could look at eliminating the duplication down the line.

Thanks

Dave

tf95ZR1
01-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Dave,
No, the section (& entire website) work just fine.
And good point, maybe people just aren't
listing ZR-1 parts there anymore for sale.
I do, though, still look there and think it would be
helpful to list the seller and item price.
Again, great job for a tough job!