PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter Poll

DDSLT5
10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Since it is obvious that the members and potential members all wish to discuss the newsletter and it's outcome with regard to the club, & since the newsletter is a hotly debated issue, let's leave this thread open for ALL to discuss their feelings & ideas.

Go ahead fellas - fire away! How can you help Paul with his newsletter?

Dynomite
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Since it is obvious that the members and potential members all wish to discuss the newsletter and it's outcome with regard to the club, & since the newsletter is a hotly debated issue, let's leave this thread open for ALL to discuss their feelings & ideas.

How about mentioning the Forum Gals, how many, what are their interests, what do they drive, how many take a wrench with guys like me to the LT5. That would be very interesting and show that the Forum is a great place for women :thumbsup:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092012/1348245247_funny_silo_demolition.gif

DDSLT5
10-10-2012, 09:27 AM
How about mentioning the Forum Gals, how many, what are their interests, what do they drive, how many take a wrench with guys like me to the LT5. That would be very interesting and show that the Forum is a great place for women :thumbsup:

An excellent idea!! One that I didn't consider before! How many ladies are active in the hobby? Maybe some pics? ;)

Dynomite
10-10-2012, 09:39 AM
An excellent idea!! One that I didn't consider before! How many ladies are active in the hobby? Maybe some pics? ;)

I know there must be a lot of wives of guys on this Forum who help handing tools and getting parts like my wife when I am deep into the engine or under the Z with antifreeze in my face :D

The guys could fess up in the News Letter that the wives actually participate as well as drive their Zs.

scottfab
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I'd also open it up to "human interest" stories from father/son activities.
Or father/daughter too.

My son helped me create a "How to repair your ZF6" CD back in 99.
We installed a #3 sychro and a few bearings.
What a great experience it was.

PS Nice gif Cliff. Looks familiar :)

Dynomite
10-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd also open it up to "human interest" stories from father/son activities.
Or father/daughter too.

My son helped me create a "How to repair your ZF6" CD back in 99.
We installed a #3 sychro and a few bearings.
What a great experience it was.

PS Nice gif Cliff. Looks familiar :)

Great idea Scott :thumbsup:

Back out picking corn ;)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll142/dynomite007/Semi2.jpg

Yep....thanks Scott for that Gift....I mean gif :handshak:

scottfab
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Great idea Scott :thumbsup:
...snip..

Thanks Cliff. Another thing came up back when about
cataloging the existing volumes and keeping a list of
possible future articles (areas missing)
I wonder if a sticky thread similar to "Solutions" wouldn't work
to keep such a list. From such a list those of us that care to
could pick off some when time permits. (winter slow time)
Some sort of "I got this one" would be needed along with
(and this is important) completion date. After which the topic
would be freed up for anyone to take.

Just some free floating ideas now the the coffee has kicked in.
Hope it does not come off self centered. It's not my intention.

WB9MCW
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I miss the newsletter already.

I am sad to see it go away!

A1990
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I miss the newsletter already.

I am sad to see it go away!

Not going away, just delayed.

WB9MCW
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Oh OK that is good news -- must have been mis-informed on that. :cheers:

A26B
10-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Yes, there was/is some mis-information floating about. It's always best to post your concerns in the Members Only Section and have them addressed with factual support.

cvette
10-10-2012, 01:56 PM

It happens when people hear something second hand and jump to conclusions!

scottfab
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
It happens when people hear something second hand and jump to conclusions!

Boy, ain't the truth. Especially in the world of fast "inaccurate" communication.

Kevin
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM

by two years

Kevin
10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
i keep seeing "we need to discuss this in the members only section which to me reads as "you're not a member you're opinion doesn't count". the question that should be asked is "why aren't you a member and how can we get you back"

DDSLT5
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
i keep seeing "we need to discuss this in the members only section which to me reads as "you're not a member you're opinion doesn't count". the question that should be asked is "why aren't you a member and how can we get you back"

Well said Kevin. I know that it comes across that way to me. I think this is especially important if the reason for membership interruption is related to the newsletter in any way - which is why I thought this thread would be appropriate.

Cheers!

A26B
10-10-2012, 05:55 PM

Kevin,

The opinion of non-members who are of legitimate intent (constructive or otherwise), does matter. In most cases, that intent is apparent. We are always interested in improving membership.

My comment regarding discussion in the Members Only forum, has to do specifically with answering questions pertaining to Registry business matters. We consider the Registry much as a family. We discuss family matters privately among ourselves.

The original subject matter of this thread is a newsletter poll. Fielding concerns about rumors and such has nothing to do with the newsletter poll.... The question "I heard the newsletter is being cancelled" originated from some non-members expousing non-factual information, trying to incite members, i.e. trolling. Answering those concerns is best handled within the Members Only forum.

A26B
10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Well said Kevin. I know that it comes across that way to me. I think this is especially important if the reason for membership interruption is related to the newsletter in any way - which is why I thought this thread would be appropriate.

Cheers!

I like the newsletter and am a strong supporter of it. I am very dismayed about our performance regarding the newsletter. Excuses only go a short ways in justifying the lack of results.

I do wonder though, how many members may have allowed their membership to lapse or resigned, due to that fact alone.

If you would like to pursue this element of the discussion, I would suggest that you initiate a new thread with an appropriate name, so we can stay on topic here.

John Boothby
10-12-2012, 11:15 PM
My big problem is that I PAYED for it! I think I received one (1). Refunds?

DDSLT5
10-13-2012, 10:12 AM
My big problem is that I PAYED for it! I think I received one (1). Refunds?

Refunds weren't issued?

scottfab
10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
.... snip....

The original subject matter of this thread is a newsletter poll. Fielding concerns about rumors and such has nothing to do with the newsletter poll.... The question "I heard the newsletter is being cancelled" originated from some non-members expousing non-factual information, trying to incite members, i.e. trolling. Answering those concerns is best handled within the Members Only forum.

There should be a "trolling" alert flag to paid up members on such posts so as to be able to side step them. I'm a bit gullible for them.

cvette
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree!!!

John Boothby
10-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, I liked the newsletter! I miss the newsletter! I liked the paper copy to keep in my files for reference. Being an "old guy" I still like the paper version. I like to sit in my old chair and read it.

tf95ZR1
10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I like to sit in my old chair and read it.

"Chair" John?

:-D

1990 415
10-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Refunds weren't issued?

How much was the refunded amount supposed to be? I have spoken to numerous current and former members who are very unhappy about having paid for the newsletter and not receiving what they paid for. I know many members who didn't rejoin for 2012 because of the lack of the newsletter in 2011. It doesn't seem right that topic of refunding money owed to members for a service not received just gets swept under the rug. This matter should be addressed properly. If it gets redirected to the members-only section, then former members who didn't rejoin this year because of their unhappiness over the lack of a newsletter will never know what is being said and done.

xlr8nflorida
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Years for a newsletter to get accomplished?!?

Where are the Refunds? Based on the membership numbers there is alot of $$$$$ owed to the Members who never got what they signed up for. Also, there are ton of Members who are no longer Members as a result of how this organization continues to be run.

You promised "Change" when you ran for office. If anything, the problem has gotten even worse, so far in fact that items are discussed in "Member's Only" Section. Excuses are offered up left and right, and nothing improves.

The organization is so poorly run that you Failed to execute a quarterly newsletter.

Yes, Quarterly means 4 newsletters a year! (1 per every 3 months)

Not once, did a VP or President Apologize, instead just dodging posts, lame excuses and posting in "Members Only" Section.

With all the $$$ that seams to be floating around in a bank account somewhere... Why don't you just Pay Dwight to do the newsletter?

Volunteers simply do not work and it has proven itself year after year. Meritocracy runs rampant, excuses are a dime a dozen.

When you have guys/gals who don't want to pay $60 (basically a tank of gas) because of what has transpired in this club, it shows that the state of affairs of the club is pretty sad.

Here is a novel concept for Board Members:

Why do posts get edited or deleted all together? Why do issues get swept under the rug?

Why don't you be transparent and accountable to the ZR-1 Membership???

I pay thousands of dollars to Memberships that are yearly, yet refuse to pay $60 for this Membership. Others do the exact same thing! Ever wonder why that is??

How bad do you think things have to be before Membership Fees are denied by a Member (ME) who has been a Member since the beginning of the Club.

1990 415
10-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Years for a newsletter to get accomplished?!?

Where are the Refunds? Based on the membership numbers there is alot of $$$$$ owed to the Members who never got what they signed up for. Also, there are ton of Members who are no longer Members as a result of how this organization continues to be run.

You promised "Change" when you ran for office. If anything, the problem has gotten even worse, so far in fact that items are discussed in "Member's Only" Section. Excuses are offered up left and right, and nothing improves.

The organization is so poorly run that you Failed to execute a quarterly newsletter.

Yes, Quarterly means 4 newsletters a year! (1 per every 3 months)

Not once, did a VP or President Apologize, instead just dodging posts, lame excuses and posting in "Members Only" Section.

With all the $$$ that seams to be floating around in a bank account somewhere... Why don't you just Pay Dwight to do the newsletter?

Volunteers simply do not work and it has proven itself year after year. Meritocracy runs rampant, excuses are a dime a dozen.

When you have guys/gals who don't want to pay $60 (basically a tank of gas) because of what has transpired in this club, it shows that the state of affairs of the club is pretty sad.

Here is a novel concept for Board Members:

Why do posts get edited or deleted all together? Why do issues get swept under the rug?

Why don't you be transparent and accountable to the ZR-1 Membership???

I pay thousands of dollars to Memberships that are yearly, yet refuse to pay $60 for this Membership. Others do the exact same thing! Ever wonder why that is??

How bad do you think things have to be before Membership Fees are denied by a Member (ME) who has been a Member since the beginning of the Club.
Well said. Hopefully you don't get banned for speaking honestly. I hope freedom of speech is still allowed on this forum.:flag2:

scottfab
10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
I think we're better off under the current leadership, the newsletter not withstanding. I couldn't agree more with what was stated in another thread.

"As a founding member of this club let me just say that all this childish jib jab is really disheartening. The Registry was started as a knowledge base for a specific car.....our cars. The friends I have made over the last 15 years of ownership of ZR-1's are invaluable to me and all the BS that's been happening of late disgusts me!"

Charlie Arnold
MO State Dir

DDSLT5
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I think we're better off under the current leadership, the newsletter not withstanding. I couldn't agree more with what was stated in another thread.

"As a founding member of this club let me just say that all this childish jib jab is really disheartening. The Registry was started as a knowledge base for a specific car.....our cars. The friends I have made over the last 15 years of ownership of ZR-1's are invaluable to me and all the BS that's been happening of late disgusts me!"

Charlie Arnold
MO State Dir

Scott,

1. If you hope complaining stops, how about you stop the complaining about others' concerns & allow those concerns to be heard & addressed?

2. Why is it ok for you to hijack my thread about the newsletter by trolling in & discussing a topic that Dave K indicated was for the 'members only' section?

I would like to reply to posts made by Dennis & Jim Voter (replies made directly to me, btw - no hijacking here), but the thread is gone, but you've obviously cherry picked your own portion of a thread from that section to post here.

3. Since 'members only' is being dragged over here, shouldn't I be able to reply to Charlie's post?

I won't bother, because I don't wish to stir the pot for no other reason than to create trouble - I would ask you to kindly show the same respect.

Thanks,

Dwight

ZR-1 Net Registry
Editor Emeritus of Heart of the Beast
Founding Member
Founding Board Member

QB93Z
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM

I would like to return to the original post and repeat the poster's question.

"How can you help Paul with the (sic) newsletter?"

I saw a few suggestions but so far no one posting complaints has drafted an article, or said that they will draft an article.

Articles are what we need to create a newsletter.

The discussion has gone around the same circle several times and has degenerated to a sparring match.

This thread is closed.

Jim Voter