PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 1995 #318... Hopefully!

72warbonnet
07-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Here goes... https://picasaweb.google.com/111673043510640707635/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIyTrdTh9sqb4gE#576785882067 0324050

https://picasaweb.google.com/111673043510640707635/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIyTrdTh9sqb4gE#576784533584 0754178

Can only get the url's to post... Not images?

Not very good photos... Only had car one day...drove (in the RAIN) to my mom's "barn" to store for the year while I am in Afghanistan.
http://picasaweb.google.com/111673043510640707635/July21201202#5767873600072878946

VetteMed
07-22-2012, 08:13 AM
White on gray, my favorite! Looks great!

DaveK
07-22-2012, 08:46 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ecbo4-5R8PM/UAuAxgouigI/AAAAAAAAAGc/yXI_5CjSCHA/s800/IMG_0077.JPG

In Firefox you can right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location" then "Insert image" here and paste the location in. Doesn't work on IE though for some reason.

Great looking car :thumbsup:

ZZZZZR1
07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
How cool is that?

A ZR-1 in Hawaii? Congrats!!!!!!

And thank you for your service! :flag:

If you can, at least have your mom start the car once a month. (better to have it driven, but at least start it)

:cheers:

David

WB9MCW
07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood. Stay safe best you can over there and good luck. TIA for your service.

XfireZ51
07-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Yes be safe and hopefully you'll be back sooner!

jimmy b.
07-22-2012, 08:21 PM
White on gray, my favorite! Looks great!

My favorite too! nice car.

72warbonnet
07-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks, all! 11k miles...factory fresh. Look forward to contributing and benefiting from the group...have been on Forum for years...VERY glad to also be on the Z-side now!

tomtom72
07-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Sweet Z! Good luck with her! Love the color combo.

Thank you for your service to our country. I'll say Godspeed and pray for your safe return.:thumbsup:

For a year? JMHO. Unless there is someone qualified on manual trans cars and that you trust to drive her I would offer the following advice. This is just my opinion so take it as a fwiw. My procedure would be as follows:

Use enough fuel stabilizer to treat a full tank of gas, running the motor long enough to get stabilized fuel everywhere ( including the secondary injectors ) and if you used too much top off both the stabilizer & fuel load. :mrgreen: I'd want all my fluids up to temp and held there for a while to burn off any moisture before I shut it down.

Pull all plugs. Using an preservative oil of some kind ( I'd use wd40 ) spray each cylinder and rotate motor several times on each cylinder's spray down to get a good coating in each hole. After all are done go back and respray each hole and reinstall plugs.

Disconn both battery cables and leave it in place. Obviously you want to store the battery at full charge so you would want to cook it awhile after the cylinders are fogged out to get it back up to full charge.

:redface: This is just MHO. It's what I'd do if I had to lay mine up for a year. Again, this is just one guy's thoughts on this. I'd not want to start her up every now and a again. That isn't going to do anything except make condensation upon cool down. Again JMHO.:o

Tom

VetteMed
07-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Sweet Z! Good luck with her! Love the color combo.

Thank you for your service to our country. I'll say Godspeed and pray for your safe return.:thumbsup:

For a year? JMHO. Unless there is someone qualified on manual trans cars and that you trust to drive her I would offer the following advice. This is just my opinion so take it as a fwiw. My procedure would be as follows:

Use enough fuel stabilizer to treat a full tank of gas, running the motor long enough to get stabilized fuel everywhere ( including the secondary injectors ) and if you used too much top off both the stabilizer & fuel load. :mrgreen: I'd want all my fluids up to temp and held there for a while to burn off any moisture before I shut it down.

Pull all plugs. Using an preservative oil of some kind ( I'd use wd40 ) spray each cylinder and rotate motor several times on each cylinder's spray down to get a good coating in each hole. After all are done go back and respray each hole and reinstall plugs.

Disconn both battery cables and leave it in place. Obviously you want to store the battery at full charge so you would want to cook it awhile after the cylinders are fogged out to get it back up to full charge.

:redface: This is just MHO. It's what I'd do if I had to lay mine up for a year. Again, this is just one guy's thoughts on this. I'd not want to start her up every now and a again. That isn't going to do anything except make condensation upon cool down. Again JMHO.:o

Tom

All excellent points! I would add, that you can consider placing the car on jackstands, positioned under each corner of the suspension rather than the frame. This will prevent flat-spotting of the tires, and by keeping the suspension in compression, you'll not subject the shock absorbers to sitting at their full extension of travel for a year.

Andrew

tomtom72
07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Nice catch on the suspension Andrew!:thumbsup:

And as for my verbal meanderings...well I forgot the most important thing!:o You have to pull the fuses for the fuel pumps before you do any fogging...or else you just wash down the fogging oil. I should drink my java before attempting to give anyone advice!:o

My boat had a carb and a fuel shut off valve....but you get the idea on doing a winter lay up to store for that long a time.

Tom

I just thought about the F/P fuses. It maybe easier to pull the gas door and discon the harness there vs trying to get to the fuel pump fuses. One is in the fuse block, but the other is in a secondary fuse group under the passenger side hush panel. To me it's easier to pull the gas door and do it back there at the harness. Next post I make I'll try to be more coherent!

72warbonnet
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks, all... Stabil, battery tender, and once-a-month short drive will have to do, I'm afraid..... This was a quick acquisition at not ideal time...but glad to have gotten her (even if just for one day...)

mrmojo1111
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Sweet ride! Congratulations! Thank you for your service and stay safe.