PDA

View Full Version : All - Its time to re-think The Gathering

XfireZ51
05-13-2012, 02:21 PM
All,

This will be my 4th Gathering and I have enjoyed he camaraderie at all of them. And that's really the important part of this event along w a great drive. But every year we seem to lose out on some other part of this event. Not sure if there aren't enough of us to make it worth anybody's while (ie NCM or Beech Bend) but I think its time to give the timing/venue of this event a serious conversation. Last year we pretty much got rained out and the previous year we got flodded out. Now its diesel trucks. Nothing against them but this is becoming more and more an event where we seem to be in the margins. And we really don't get a chance to connect with those from the west very much. So I'm just throwing out there for discussion. I know its been talked about but maybe we should take the opportunity of being at BG this week to give serious considerations to either alternative times, venues or both.
JMHO.

hiperf406
05-13-2012, 03:27 PM
I had planned to attend but doesn't work out again just too far to justify. It would be nice if it could be a more central location, I know the NCM is in Bowling Green but it is a long way for anybody from the western part of US & Canada. Denver is centrally located, beautiful country,etc & they have a drag strip for those who want to race. Easterners won't be too happy to have to drive but it is their turn. Just putting it out there. :)

4-cam
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I like the idea of having it in Denver:-D, but most would not be to happy with there 1/4 mi. times in our thin air.

Kevin
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
make in some place easy to fly to and I'm in. I don't really care where it is