PDA

View Full Version : Invitation: ZR-1 NE Group get together 2/11

Mystic ZR-1
01-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Hope things are well with you guys, the winter's been kind so far.
The Northeast ZR-1 group (we still need an official name...) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also to plan some "local" 2012 events. :cheers:
Saturday, February 11 @ 12 noon at the Buffalo Wild Wings restauarnt in Windsor CT (near Bradley airport) route I-91, exit 38 Rt75/Poqounock Rd, right at the bottom of the northbound ramp.
It's easy to find and the food's not too bad. Meeting at noon time should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the 6 or 7 people who've commited so far.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...
Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested.
Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923
PS: Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andersra
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I'll be there, but my ZR-1 won't. Look forward to seeing you guys.

efnfast
02-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Expect to be there in my DD.:cheers:
Steve:Eagle:

Mystic ZR-1
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
So far, as of Wednesday AM, it looks like we've got 11 "I'll be theres"!!!
Doug

Mystic ZR-1
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
ZR-1 NE Group get together POSTPONED to Saturday 3/3
Due to a forecast for up to 3'' of snow and the distance most of us have to drive to get there, we've postponed the meeting to Saturday, March 3rd. Same location and time. Apologies for any inconvienience, but I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. That being said, it'll probably be a nice day.... Besides, it'll give Tom Tom an opportunity to save up a few more $ to pick up everyone's tab!
Let me know if March 3rd is not OK, we can be real flexible, pls call or email with any questions.
Doug

tomtom72
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Doug would like to reschedule this meeting for Saturday March 10th at 12PM in Hartford.

I'm IN, who else is IN?:thumbsup:

andersra
02-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm tentatively in.

Mystic ZR-1
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone in the NE up for doing this again this year (2013)?
When and where? (hopefully someplace a little quieter...)
I'll dream something up if there's some interest.
Maybe we can practice disassembling and reassembling Tom Tom's car so we have it right for BG & Carlisle :dancing
Doug

Hope things are well with you guys, the winter's been kind so far.
The Northeast ZR-1 group (we still need an official name...) is getting together for lunch and a ZR-1 related shoot the s### and also to plan some "local" 2012 events. :cheers:
Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 12 noon at the Buffalo Wild Wings restauarnt in Windsor CT (near Bradley airport) route I-91, exit 38 Rt75/Poqounock Rd, right at the bottom of the northbound ramp.
It's easy to find and the food's not too bad. Meeting at noon time should give us all time to get home at a reasonable hour. Windsor is sort of centrally located for the 6 or 7 people who've commited so far.
Of course this is weather dependant and ZR-1s are optional, I know mine won't be there...
Hope you can make it and bring some ideas. Invite anyone else you think may be interested.
Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)
c860-287-9923
PS: Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

efnfast
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Doug, I'm game. Like you said, hopefully someplace quieter.

BigJohn
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Maybe we can practice disassembling and reassembling Tom Tom's car so we have it right for BG & Carlisle :dancing
Doug

I will bring the gas SAWZALL!!!

:neutral:

94Admiral
01-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Definitely.....when are you thinking?

Mystic ZR-1
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
How about Sunday March 3rd @ noon or ?
March 3 is a week after all the New England Vette clubs get together to set the "event" schedule for the upcoming season so we'll know what's going on in their world and we can plan accordingly.

There's a Chili's near Bradley Airport (between Hartford and Springfield), right off of RT 91 and not far from where we met last year. It's sorta centrally located for the NE brothers. About 10-12 of us met at Buffalo Wild Wings in Windsor last year and it way to loud, with 25 TVs all running at once. I guess we're getting old or maybe I should get a better hearing aide that filters out background noise...

We're open to suggestions for time and place etc. Hopefully we can get everyone's stars to align! Noobies are especially encouraged!

efnfast
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Doug, that weekend works for me. -Steve

BigJohn
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
How about Sunday March 3rd @ noon or ?
March 3 is a week after all the New England Vette clubs get together to set the "event" schedule for the upcoming season so we'll know what's going on in their world and we can plan accordingly.

There's a Chili's near Bradley Airport (between Hartford and Springfield), right off of RT 91 and not far from where we met last year. It's sorta centrally located for the NE brothers. About 10-12 of us met at Buffalo Wild Wings in Windsor last year and it way to loud, with 25 TVs all running at once. I guess we're getting old or maybe I should get a better hearing aide that filters out background noise...

We're open to suggestions for time and place etc. Hopefully we can get everyone's stars to align! Noobies are especially encouraged!

Say what???

:(

andersra
01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
I put a placeholder in my calendar. Hopefully this year I'll have some time to enjoy the car and the group.

tomtom72
01-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I will bring the gas SAWZALL!!!

:cry: Sawzall! Jez, you guys are cruel! I'll be there, say when are we doing this? :confused:

Sunday March 3rd.....right? I'll tell Lou.

:cheers:
Tom

BigJohn
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
:cry: Sawzall! Jez, you guys are cruel! I'll be there, say when are we doing this? :confused:

Sunday March 3rd.....right? I'll tell Lou.

Tom

Doug said he wanted to take something apart.

tomtom72
01-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Doug said he wanted to take something apart.

Why is it always my car? Tell you what Big John, you let Doug use the sawzall on his car and I'll take pictures.:p

Tom

BigJohn
01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Why is it always my car? Tell you what Big John, you let Doug use the sawzall on his car and I'll take pictures.:p

Tom

Ok!

Mystic ZR-1
01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I always wanted a roadster...
Could we make TR3 style doors too?
How about a laydown windscreen like on my 1st car an
AH 100-4?

BigJohn
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I always wanted a roadster...
Could we make TR3 style doors too?
How about a laydown windscreen like on my 1st car an
AH 100-4?

Cool, when we get done with the VW and BMW; then we can get started on ZR1 OK!!!

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Doug

I'm game if its on the weekend Pete

ZZZZZR1
01-20-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm game if its on the weekend Pete

Welcome Pete!!!!

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
thx

look fwd t meeting the "NE Group" members

efnfast
01-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Pete, I'll be coming out of NH, maybe we can hook up?

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Sounds good - I live over near Keene NH

Not sure about the BG trip still a ways awaya and not sure of my schedule

efnfast
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm in Dunbarton, next to Concord, so you'll be driving by. Iyt would be great if it was Z weather. How long have you been an owner? Welcome to the forum. -Steve

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
about 5 years. 2nd Owner of a '95 Black Black 2 tops (blue clear) box stock except for camber brace and x frame connectors to get rid of cowl shake when top is off. Has 18k miles. Don't think there are too many zr-1 owners in NH/MA/CT normally very short driving season

efnfast
01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Last June for me. Also black/black, but a '90'. Headers and exhaust for me, and a Marc H. chip. Five years huh, where you been?

Mystic ZR-1
01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Started a new thread regarding NE Group (BONE?) GTG Sunday March 3 2013!!!!

Hope to see all you guys there!

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Didn't spend any time on the forum (didn't know it existed) nor was there a NE contingent. Tried individually last year to get a group to go to the Foxboro MA Cruise Thursday night but B trips got in the way - was thinking of selling it as there wasn't anyone to hang with from NH. I met the guy from Mystic CT (at the foxboro/Gillette stadium cruise) but he' too far away. There is a guy in Medway MA w a green 92 that just got his NCRS cert but I don't think he belongs to the zr1.net club and he belongs to a local corvette club in Medway. I sometimes go to the cruise in Nashua at the Home goods store on Fridays but most folks don't realize what it is. I went the the Gateway Cruise (at the Budweiser Plant Merrimack) with it this year it was fun- same issue most folks (even corvette ) don't know what it is. I like driving it (has a very distinctive exhaust sound) but it just normally sits in the garage.

BigJohn
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Started a new thread regarding NE Group (BONE?) GTG Sunday March 3 2013!!!!

Hope to see all you guys there!

There were alot of corvettes out today.

efnfast
01-20-2013, 06:11 PM
I was at the Bud plant last year, with the vette. Shame we didn't hook up.

EVILTWINS
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes - It woud hve been good I was out in the tree line opposite the large parking lot I was there next to a 96 GS and a 94 Lingenfelter. As I remember the pollen was horrible that day and u couldn't keep the exterior clean. Shame the paint on the 95 is really good

efnfast
01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
E.T., was your daughter judging that day?