PDA

View Full Version : Raced a new CTSV wagon

mario65
11-24-2011, 09:37 PM
First Ill say it wasnt much of a race since we didnt have enough time to really stretch them out. Second Ill say it was black diamond with dark rims and was freakin beautiful. Man I was gawking for some time.

Anyway I was in 3rd about 3500 rpm and was messing with him and after a while he finally gunned it but I wasnt ready. He got a about a car length on me and then I started to catch him. By the end of 4th I was next to him. We were then coming up on traffic so we both hit the brakes. He had 3 people in the car and God knows what else and weighs 4400lbs. I doubt it was anything but stock since it had a temp plate still.

I have exhaust and a tune and a 4.10. Nothing else. I was kinda happy at first because I expected to get my butt handed to me, but once you add in all the weight he was surely at a disadvantage.

Man what a sweet car.

Aurora40
11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Haha, awesome! Yeah, those cars are ridiculous, that wagon could probably do mid 12's bone stock. That's awesome that the guy ran you when he had three other people in it!

If they didn't get such poor fuel economy, I'd probably have traded my V1 in on a V2 sedan already. But I only get about 16-17 mpg in my '06, and that bugs me. Getting like 14 in a newer one would really annoy me. But it's 400 lbs and 156hp more than my car, so it's not a shocker that economy suffers a bit.

Mystic ZR-1
11-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Caddy CTS-V Sportwagon... can you say Sleeper? Especially after a trip to Old Lyme CT! (Callaway)

Kevin
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Or lpe, or corrie or sgc or anyone who can work on an lsx. that's the great thing about the lsx, no shortage of people to work on them cheap

Mystic ZR-1
11-25-2011, 12:20 PM
It's not cheap in Old Lyme, but they know what they're doing and get results! Comes with a warranty too!

Kevin
11-25-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not cheap in Old Lyme, but they know what they're doing and get results! Comes with a warranty too!

so do most of the companies I mentioned. plus none of the owners called the zr-1 an over weight under performing pig

Aurora40
11-27-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't believe Callaway has any packages available for the CTS-V of either generation. The engine is already supercharged, and the TVS1900 has decent headroom, so most people could install their own pulley swaps, etc. No need to take it anywhere.

tomtom72
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Jez, my buddies '10 CTSv .....hands me my tail every time no matter what format!:mrgreen: That thing is some sedan! ;) His plate says "U GO Frst" and the frame spells it out "you go first and I'll catch up" ya gotta laugh!:sign10:

FU
12-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Need help To-ma's ?

tomtom72
12-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Need help To-ma's ?

Hi Frank!:wave: all my friends drive C5's & C6's I must make amends! Oh Lord would you buy me some horse power??? :icon_scra

I think I figured out an easy way to do the A.I.R. system....all I need is a welder type person!:-D

Aurora40
12-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I think I figured out an easy way to do the A.I.R. system....all I need is a welder type person!:-D
Are you going to route it into the intake as some sort of electric supercharger? :D

tomtom72
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Are you going to route it into the intake as some sort of electric supercharger? :D

:sign10: now that's an idea! Thanks Bob! Actually instead of having the not needed EGR connection removed from the right side header I'm going to use it. I had a BFO and figured why try to make up those A.I.R. tubes that go into each primary pipe. In stead I'll go get some small s/s tubing and make another EGR tube for the left side header and weld check valves to both of them and use them as my air injection fittings. I figured what's the difference, air injected into the exhaust stream to help heat the CATs is all the same.