PDA

View Full Version : Service Parts ID Label Replacement

C4Fan
07-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone. It appears as though someone installed a "period correct" cell phone in the center console of my '91 Z when she was new. They made use of the power line coming in to the center console but what really stinks is that they chopped away at the inside top of the center console lid to make the handset fit. This means that the Service Parts ID Label (the one that says "Do Not Remove") has been partially cut away.

I'd like to correct this issue and replace the center console cover as well as my Service Parts ID Label. First, where is the best place to buy a replacement console armrest/door and second, how do I go about getting a proper reproduction of the Service Parts ID Label?

Thanks in advance for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

WVZR-1
07-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I believe it could be accomplished from these people:

http://www.ecsvin.com/

If your information is complete and the VIN displayed you could maybe accomplish it with just a snapshot of yours.

It might also be accomplished in this fashion. Since most ZR-1's share similar options with the exception of tops you could find another with correct color, interior, top options and have that one duplicated with your VIN. You might need to supply maybe both snapshots but I'd think it doable.

I have never had these people do a SPID label or even asked if they could but I believe it's likely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a direct link to their samples and there's SPID labels. All you need to know is their requirements for duplication! Looks like you're "all set"!

http://www.ecsvin.com/order.php

If they'll accept a snapshot of your "demolished" SPID label I can provide you a list of the RPO's recorded to the VIN. I would think there would be Registry members who would happy to help. If it's white/grey I could maybe help.

You might post a snapshot of your "demolished" label!

C4Fan
07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Wonderful information WVZR-1. Thank you! I'll go snap a few pictures and give it a try. Enjoy your Fourth of July!