PDA

View Full Version : Why??

IowaZR-1
06-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Why is it that there's a thread showing the 2012 ZR1 at Nurburgring for only 2 days(6 posts) in the "General Posting" and it gets moved to the "Off Topic" and we've had a "Grand National" thread(13 posts) in "General Postings" for over 4 weeks? You would think a 2012 ZR1 is a little more deserving of a "General Posting" than a "Grand National". :dontknow:

carter200
06-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Because it is ZR-1 General Postings NOT ZR1.........respect the hyphen.

lbszr
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Grand-National

Kevin
06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Why is it that there's a thread showing the 2012 ZR1 at Nurburgring for only 2 days(6 posts) in the "General Posting" and it gets moved to the "Off Topic" and we've had a "Grand National" thread(13 posts) in "General Postings" for over 4 weeks? You would think a 2012 ZR1 is a little more deserving of a "General Posting" than a "Grand National". :dontknow:

meh, let them move it where ever they want. the mods here do a great job

IowaZR-1
06-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Just calling it like I see it.....nothing more....nothing less.....hyphen.....or no hyphen

mike100
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
It's because the hyphenated 4th gen is not in the same league as the newest toy from GM. maybe it makes some people uncomfortable...I have a C6 and never even lurk in the ZR1 forum. I don't want to acknowledge it's existence until I can afford one.

It is awesome...perhaps one day this site will service both generations, but I kind of consider this to be a 4th gen area.

A1990
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Fairly typical. Most of the decision made on this forum by the moderators don't make much sense. *************.com

Kevin
06-12-2011, 11:25 PM
since i made the thread in question i'll chime in again. I wasn't really sure where to put it, it's zr1 related but not zr-1 related...but it's not really general since it's zr1....i really don't think this is a big deal. the mods here do a fine job and i'm happy we can have this discussion and no one will get banned, unlike i did at cf years ago

A1990
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
You're missing the point. This is about the inconsistency of these guys. Why move a post about the ZR1 and leave a post about the Grand National? That is the point of the original post in this thread. Not ZR1 vs ZR-1. *************.com *************.com *************.com *************.com

Kevin
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
no dennis, i understand...i just don't see it as a big deal. we could just have one general forum for all i care. this is the only vette forum i post on, this is home. all i do is hit "new posts" so they all show up no matter where they're posted. if you'd rather post then, if you think they're more "fair", even thought they ban you for life when you disagree with mods there, then post there

Z Factor
06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Fairly typical. Most of the decision made on this forum by the moderators don't make much sense.

Sometimes the reason/answer is more obvious than you might imagine. While we read many of the threads/posts, we don't read them all. So when a forum member pushes the report button we all receive it and look into the complaint. So it is highly likely that the GN thread was not reported and remained in the wrong section.

:cheers:

GOLDCYLON
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Fairly typical. Most of the decision made on this forum by the moderators don't make much sense.

I dunno Dennis are you volunteering to help make more sense as a fellow moderator? The pay is nothing and the accolades few. But hey everyone?s got an opinion. I do this to help. Period. Rest assured we are not hiding behind a grassy knoll somewhere deciding what goes where as a part of a global Machiavellian plan. However, Z Factor is correct; I saw that post as well reported by another member as needing to go to Off Topic. All mods see all reported posts. I also agree the other subjects should have been moved to Off Topic as well.

A1990
06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I didn't realize that if someone bitches about a post that has a dash or no dash that would cause a post to be moved. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other were the posts are.

I am also sure you all know how I feel about *************.com Which is what makes no sense to me.

And by the way, I already have a unpaid volunteer position...

GOLDCYLON
06-16-2011, 10:02 AM
And by the way, I already have a unpaid volunteer position...

Exactly!! and moved to PM.....